Jeju

Violet Love Sonata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ji Yong POV

I was listening to her side of the story. So, apparently Lee BoNa threatened her to destroy everyone she knows.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked. I was still standing facing the balcony.

“I was afraid. I thought she would destroy you if I stayed by your side.” She said with a faltering voice.

I know she may look like a victim of BoNa’s stupid games but I just can’t believe her decisions were the best. “I’m sorry, I just don’t get it. You should’ve told me. You should’ve trusted us.  But you decided to make public your relationship with him. You decided to hurt me. I would’ve prefer Lee BoNa destroying me than you.” It’s so difficult to say it, but I just can’t forgive her. Not only she destroyed all the love I once felt, but she also decided unilaterally to put an end to what we used to have.

“You’re so obnoxious!” She exclaimed. I turned to look at her. “Like if you’ve never made a mistake! Let me remind you that everything started because you didn’t trust me enough to tell me all that happened. Who knows! If you would’ve told me the truth back then, we’d probably be together.” She was angry. I started getting angry too. “Do you want to know why I can’t forgive you? You released an official statement. Do you know how hard I fought to keep my relationship secret with Lee BoNa?”

“Yeah right! So secret that everyday you were seeing with her all over Seoul!” She said.

“Sooner or later nobody will remember it, because we never confirmed it. But you on the other hand, everyone will remember the great love you shared with him… of all men on earth it had to be him! Why him?” I asked almost shouting.

She took a deep breath. “Let’s stop this. It’s obvious we won’t get anywhere.”

“You’re right. Let’s stop talking about useless things. The only thing I care about is my child.” She looked at me surprised. It appeared that she was hurt by what I blurted.

“You will see him whenever you want in America, I won’t be staying here.”

My phone started ringing. “Hello?” I shouted. I didn’t even looked at the screen to see who was calling.

“Yah! Why are you shouting?” She said.

I immediately apologized. “I’m sorry Omma! I just picked up without looking.”

“Are you with Emi?” She angrily asked.

“Yep.” I softly replied. If there’s anyone in this world I’m scared of, it certainly is my mother. I told her about Emi’s pregnancy yesterday. She knows that Emi is dating another man so she was obviously confused and disappointed.  She loves Emilia like if she’s her own daughter.

“I want to speak with her.” She said. I walked towards Emi; she looked at me with a puzzled expression on her face. I tried to hand the phone to her.

 “Omma, wants to speak with you.” I whispered. She shook her hands, the look on her face was begging me to me help her get out of this.

I tried to hand the phone to her once more. She finally grabbed it.

“Anyeonghaseyo Ommoni!” She timidly greeted her.

“Yes, I’m fine. He’s fine too.” She made a pause. “No, I don’t know its yet.” She looked at me. “In speaker?” She put the phone on speaker.

“The both of you will take the next plane to Jeju.” Emi and I looked at each other.

“Omma!” I exclaimed.

“No excuses. You will be here by the end of the day. Your father wants to see Emi and you.” I know it was useless to try and stop this. I took a deep breath and agreed to it. “Will be there.” I said and hung up.

“Yah! michyeosseo!” Emi shouted. “I just can’t leave… like this.”

“So, why didn’t you say anything?” I asked. “Call Omma and tell her you won’t be able to make it.” I knew she wouldn’t be capable of doing it. She stared at me for a while with judging eyes. She then headed to her room; I could hear her speaking with her staff. She was trying to change some meetings and giving instructions about the official statement of her breakup with that .  I stayed in the living room, sitting on a couch; her place hasn’t changed at all.

She suddenly exited the bedroom and headed to the kitchen. “You should leave. I’m taking a shower and I’ll pack my suitcase. You’re buying the tickets by the way.” She said without looking at me. She was about to close the door when she stared at me. “Aren’t you leaving?” She asked a little bit annoyed. I crossed my arms and smirked. I know I was being childish but I was enjoying this a little bit too much. She rolled her eyes and walked away.

I called Nan Gook and arranged everything for our departure. I rented a private jet since it’s obvious that this trip had to be done in the most secrecy. After I hung up, I stared at her bedroom door. I walked towards it and stayed there for a while with the doorknob in my hand. After a while of doubting I decided to open it. I could hear the sound of the water falling.  Her bedroom was impeccable. I bit my lower lip and started remembering the taste of her body. I may not love her anymore but the idea of having her still makes me go crazy. I was about to enter the bathroom when I saw the door of her walking closet. I entered without thinking too much. Her side of the closet was perfectly organized. The other side where my clothes used to be now had his clothes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter