Intermission

Violet Love Sonata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Gahee POV

“I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. Above all, I must not play at God…” I was reading the Hippocratic oath from a picture hanging in my office. It was a gift from Emi, which she gave me five years ago when I finished studying my specialty. “I must not play at God… I must not play at God… I must not play at God…”

“Dr. Ji?” My assistant called. She was standing in front of my desk. “Dr. Ji?” She asked again.

I finally looked at her. “What?”

“The last patient for today had to cancel her appointment…”

“GREAT!” I exclaimed. She looked at me with a confused expression on her face.  “You may go, I’ll see you tomorrow.” I turned my chair towards the window.

“Are you sure Dr. Ji?” She stuttered. I’m a workaholic so it’s no surprise that she’s this shock. This is one of the many things Emi and I have in common.

“Yep! Don’t say anything else and just leave!” I impatiently exclaimed; I wanted to be alone. After I heard how she closed the door, I stood up and walked towards the window. I stood there with my arms crossed. I know I ed up. I know I’m responsible for all that’s happened. I wish I could change everything, but I know it’s too late now. If I could just go back in time, I would do anything to fix the mess I’ve created. “I must not play at God… I must not play at God… I must not play at God…” I closed my eyes. “Why did I get so involved in this? Why did I do it? Why did I try to play God? Why am I asking these stupid questions? I know the answer. Meeting her was when all this ed up situation started.”

 

Three months ago

 

I could feel Mark’s fingers caressing my face. “What are you doing?” I asked as I woke up from my pleasant sleep.

“I’m waking you up.” He whispered in my ear. I chuckled and looked at him. There he was, looking y as hell. People are right when they say you enjoy more a forbidden love. I don’t care that he’s married. I don’t care that I have to see him briefly now and then. All I care of is been in his arms. I embraced him and kissed him. “What should we do today?” I asked in between kisses.

“I have tickets for the Opera.” He replied.

“Really? Do we have to?” His plans for today didn’t make me that happy. I’d rather go to the movies than to a theater. Yep! I’m not that “educated”.

“You don’t have to. I’ll just pick-up a random girl and take her instead.” He said with a smile on his face.

“Yah! Forget it!” We laughed and kissed.

I’m not sorry for what I’m doing. I love him and I know he loves me too. This is all I need… I need him.

 

“Well, it wasn’t as painful as I thought.” I whispered to Mark. He smirked. “Honey, this is the intermission, it means we’ve only seen half of the performance.” He said with a mockery tone.

“I hope you’re kidding.”

“You need to improve your French. That’s what they just said through the loudspeaker.” He was enjoying it; we were in France. He lives in Sweden with his family, that’s why we try to meet in France or Korea, so we won’t get caught.

I rolled my eyes. “I better should enjoy these minutes then, I’ll go to the bathroom.” I quickly stood up and headed to the doors.

As I was washing my hands, I felt someone eyes on me. I raised my head and I saw her, intently staring at me while smiling. “Do I know you?” I asked in English. It was an Asian woman whose face looked familiar. “I’ve seen her somewhere.”  I thought.

“You’re a shameless!” She exclaimed in Korean.

I stood up straight and walked to where she was standing. “And you’re funny! Why are you speaking banmal to me when you’re obviously much younger than I am? Who do you think you are?” I was annoyed.

“Be careful on how you talk to me. I know my methods for getting what I want are unorthodox…. But you really are something else, been here with a married man? It’s sickening to see the both of you act so lovey-dovey. I saw it all from my balcony.” She said while walking to the bathroom’s sink. She took out a lipstick from her clutch and started fixing her make-up.

I suddenly remembered who she was. She’s Samsung’s group Chairman's daughter.

I felt chills running through my body, my cockiness disappeared the moment I realized I was dealing with someone this powerful.

“I’m leaving.” I shyly said. I was about to exit when she exclaimed: “Is it true that Emilia is pregnant?”

I stopped walking. “How the hell does she know this?”  I thought. “Is none of your business!” I said.

“You’re probably wondering how I know this.” She was touching her hair. “I like patterns. Ji Yong Oppa, Emilia, and Soo Hyunssi are traveling on the same day to Sweden. Isn’t that curious? Then I remembered that Mark, your married boyfriend specializes in genetics and lives in Sweden. Believe me it’s not that hard to figure it out.” She said with an innocent tone.

“So what? It’s not your problem anymore… The intermission is about to end, I need to get going.” I was opening the door when she grabbed my arm. I lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter