Jellybean

Violet Love Sonata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Emi Haro POV

“I- I- I don’t understand!” I stuttered as the tears started falling down.

Gahee embraced me. “Don’t get agitated, you can scare the child.”

“It doesn’t make sense.” I said. The father of my child is not Ji Yong; my brain somehow couldn’t get it. I was with him so many nights. It just doesn’t make sense.

The next morning after crying myself to sleep I woke up. I could smell the food from the kitchen. Gahee opened the door of my room. “Breakfast is ready.” She said.

I looked at her. “I’m not hungry.” I stood up and started walking towards the bathroom. She suddenly grabbed my arm and started pulling me out of my room.

“Yah! I said I’m not hungry!”

“Stop being selfish!” She shouted. “You’re pregnant! You need to think about your son now! I don’t care if you’re not hungry, you will eat because the child needs to grow healthy.”

I was staring at her with my eyes wide-open.  I know she was right; for some stupid reason I still think I have control of my life when it’s clear, I don’t. This is when I decided I should care for my child and forget of my needs as a woman, I’m a mother now.

 

Four months pregnant

“OPPA!” I shouted as I was looking at my reflection in the mirror. Soo Hyun was taking a shower. “What is it?” He worriedly asked.

“I can see it now! I can see the baby bump!” I happily exclaimed.

Soo Hyun walked out of the bathroom. “Wah! It’s true! It’s tiny but I can see it! Our Jellybean is growing so fast! He started kicking a few days ago and now this!” He back hugged me and started caressing my belly.  “What if we find out its tomorrow!” He said, excitedly.

I turned around and pouched. “I don’t want to know its , I want it to be a surprise!”

He smiled and hugged me. “Araso! Let’s not find out.”

“Oppa… But will you be able to make it?” Soo Hyun thought for a while. He has a photo shoot for Korean Vogue in Busan tomorrow; he’s leaving right now to the airport. Until now he’s never missed any of my doctor’s appointment. He’s so caring, so loving… I don’t know what would be of my life without him. He’s become so important for me that I'm so grateful to him. He has helped to let go of my grudges, to forget my unhappiness… I may not have all what I want, but I'm beholden for everything I do have.

He grabbed my nose and finally said: “I’ll be there… don’t worry.”

Before he left, he kissed my forehead. I closed the door of my apartment and walked to the living room.

“Why do you guys don’t get married already?” Diego asked. He was sitting on the couch. He arrived last week in Seoul. I’ve been avoiding the subject with everyone. Everyone is pressuring us to get married… Gahee, Bae Sajangnim, Taehyun, and now Diego. Fortunately, Soo Hyun agrees with me that we should focus on taking care of Jellybean and let things flow.

I cleared my throat. “I’m making myself an omelet for dinner, do you want one?”

“Yep!” He exclaimed.

As I was cooking, Diego was switching channels. I heard A-pink’s “Remember” coming from the T.V. He was intently staring at their performance.

“Noona, what’s this?” He asked.

I smirked. “MelOn Music Awards… something like the MTV Music Awards.”

“They look pretty.” He said.

“Let’s eat while watching the rest of the show!” I exclaimed while taking the dishes to the living room.

 

After we were done eating, we were still watching the awards. “Do you think Jellybean likes K-Pop?” Diego asked.

I laughed. “I don’t think so. He’s very still, he probably is sleeping and doesn't care about it.”

“Did you just say he? You want a boy, huh?” Diego was staring at me. Until now I’ve said many times that I don’t care for it's gender, and I really don’t. But something inside of me tells me it’s a boy.

“Don’t tell Soo Hyun Oppa.” I whispered.

Diego leaned towards my belly. “Jellybean, kick!” He placed his hand on my stomach, but Jellybean didn’t move. “You’re mean!” He exclaimed.

“Yah!” I punched his shoulder. We were laughing out loud when the announcer said: “And now, please enjoy one of the most awaited bands… Big Bang!”

I quickly looked at the screen. This is the first time I see anything regarding him in almost three months. “If you” started playing; as Top started singing, Diego looked at the screen. “Isn’t it Big Bang?” He asked. I nodded.

Minutes later, he finally appeared on-screen. The moment we heard his voice, Jellybean started kicking. “Oh! He suddenly is moving!” Diego exclaimed.

 After a while Diego lifted his hand and started watching Big Bang’s performance.

“I’m so happy that you’re doing well.” I thought as I watched him sing. Every time he sang Jellybean kicked. “Are you going to be a Big Bang fan? They’re really cool, right? Why are you just moving when we hear his voice? Do you like hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter