The King's To You

Violet Love Sonata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kim Soo Hyun POV

I’m in a meeting with the J.Estina AD staff.

I was standing up, looking through the window, thinking of her.

“So, this month we film the campaign. It’ll be a romantic theme, we’re right now looking for the female model…” The J.Estina’s Campaign Manager kept describing the ad.

It’s been some weeks since Emi and I spoke in San Francisco. I miss her a lot. We’re now so close, that I miss telling her good morning or talk about dumb things that happened during the day. I know she is the woman I want by my side, I know it’ll be difficult, but I’m ready to assume the consequences. I won’t make the same mistakes that G-Dragon made. I’m ready to throw everything under the bus for her.

“What do you think?” Taehyun asked.

I turned around, walked to the table and sat down. “Everything sounds great.” I looked at the Campaign Manager. “Which female models do you have in mind?”

The campaign Manager thought for a while. “We were thinking about Yoona, Seolhyun, Suzy…”

“Great boring choices, their faces are everywhere!” I thought.

I slightly smiled. “Can I suggest a female model?” I dared to say.

He nodded; he was interested in knowing my choice.

“I want an unconventional model. A woman who’s not only amazingly beautiful; but who’s well known around the world as a great CEO. I think Emilia Haro would be a perfect fit for this campaign.”

The campaign manager was dumbfounded. “I know she’s beautiful, but we’ve never used a westerner as a model in our ads.”

“Then, she’ll be the first.” I said with a smile.

He was shaking his head while looking at me.

I sighed. “I’ll put it in simple words. If Emilia Haro doesn’t agree to do this campaign, you can forget about me appearing in it.”

He was shocked. “But… but… but, what if she doesn’t want to appear in it?”

“You’ll find a way to convince her.” I smirked.

I looked at Taehyun; he was obviously scared due to what I just did. I’ve never made a request like this before; my kind image is what has made me who I am now.

I stood up, patted the CM’s shoulder and said: “I’ll be ready to start filming whenever Miss Haro is. Thank you.” I walked out of the office.

Taehyun was following me. “ Soo Hyunah!!! What the heck are you thinking?” He quietly exclaimed. I didn’t answer.

We entered the van. He shouted: “Do you know what this will do to your image?”

“I’ve never asked for anything before. I bust my off, I work hard, and I always do what I’m told.  You know I don’t take reckless decisions, I can assure you that a campaign between Emi and I will be a hit.”

Taehyun looked at me in disbelief. “Are you nuts? A campaign with her will destroy your career. Do you know what Bae Sajangnim will say when he knows what you did?”

I wasn’t sure what will Yong Joon hyung will do when he finds out, but as I said before, I’m ready for all of it.

It was already late. We arrived at Galleria Foret’s parking lot.

“Goodbye hyung. See you tomorrow.” I said before opening the van’s door.

He didn’t reply, I knew he was angry. I felt bad for him, but this is what I wanted.

I arrived at my apartment, took a shower and laid down on the bed. The last thing I thought before falling asleep was she.

 

As I woke up the next morning I saw the sunlight. I stretched. “I forgot to set the alarm.” I always try to wake up before the sunrise, to exercise. I stood up and walked to my kitchen, as I was preparing a protein shake, Taehyun opened the front door.

“You’re here!” I exclaimed while smiling. He was worried.

“Hyung, I promise you, everything will be alright…”

“I have bad news.” He said.

I was curious. “Which ones?”

“We lost the Calvin Klein ad. They said they didn’t want to over-worked you.”

“Really? Why so suddenly? As far as I know they were happy with our last campaign.” I said. This was the first big ad I ever signed, so it had a special meaning for me.

“I don’t know anything else. There’s another thing…” He was hesitating to tell me.

I was starting to get anxious. “What is it now?”

He sighed, closed his eyes and exclaimed: “The main lead of descendant’s of the sun has been given to Song Joon Ki!”

I was angry, so angry that I threw my glass against the wall.  I knew this project would be a hit. I really wanted this. After some minutes, I took a deep breath and calmed down. “How did this happen?” I asked.

“I’m not sure. I just spoke with the production team, they told me that they wanted someone more mature since the female lead is Song Hye Kyo.”

“Well, is pointless to get angry about this... Does Bae Sajangnim know about yesterday?”

Taehyun shook his head.

“Cool. Maybe he won’t find out.” I smiled.

Taehyun’s phone started to ring. He answered. “Oh! Hyung… Ok, I’ll tell him. Thank you… Bae Sajangnim just arrived here. He wants to see you.”

I was surprised. I ran to my bedroom and got ready as fast as I could.  

As I walked out, Jong Yoon Hyung was already in the living room. To be honest I was a little bit scared. I bowed. “Are you doing well, hyung?” I asked. I didn’t look at him. 

“Is it true that you like CEO Haro?” He calmly asked.

I froze. I thought he was going to ask about the J.Estina campaign. For a moment I thought to lie. But if lied I would probably be making the same mistakes that G-Dragon made.

I looked at him. “I do.”

“Are you dating her?” He calmly asked again.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter