The Ball is in your Court

Violet Love Sonata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ji Yong POV

I could hear Top, Young Bae, Daesung and SeungRi laughing out loud. I rang the doorbell.

Top opened the door. “Ji Yongie you’re here.” He said. He was serious. I nodded.

As I walked to Top’s living room, I saw all the members with long faces.  “What’s with all of you?” I asked as I took my coat and sunglasses off.

“Nothing hyung!” SeungRi said with a smile. He walked towards me, patted my shoulder and continued: “Are you feeling better?”

I looked at him confused. “Am I sick?” I stared at everyone; they were behaving very weird.

“Yah! What’s with all of you?” I exclaimed.

I locked eyes with Daesung; he then looked down. “We know what you did. We learned that you sacrifice your happiness for us.” He said with a lump in his throat. He cleared his throat. “Hyung, I’m so sorry.” 

SeungRi hugged me and started crying. “Hyung! You’re the best.” He said.

Young Bae and Top hyung were also looking down. I was overwhelmed with all this.“Great! Just what I needed! This is the first time I come out of my apartment in a month, and this is what I have to deal with.” I thought.

I pulled out of SeungRi’s hug.  “I didn’t do it for any of you. I did it for myself, I couldn’t throw my career away.” I said with fake cheery tone and a smile.

They shyly smiled back. They knew I was behaving like I always do when something big happens. As the leader, I always make them feel like everything will be al right.  

I sat on the couch and I leaned on the sofa. SeungRi brought me a glass of wine. I took it and smiled.

“Young Bae hyung, is everything ready for the promotions of “Good Boy”?” Daesung asked.

“Uuhh! Everything is ready for next week.” He replied.

“I’ve been hearing it non-stop!” SeungRi gladly said.

“It will be a hit!” Top added.

“Guys, we need to start working on our comeback for next year.” I said. I drank a sip of wine.

Everyone nodded.

I continued: “I started writing three songs: If You, Loser, and Bae Bae.” As I was saying the last title, I unconsciously sighed.

“Didn’t you call Em… OUCH!” SeungRi exclaimed.

I looked at him; Top punched him on the ribs with his elbow.

“Yep! I used to do that.” I sighed again and slightly smiled.

Even hearing the first letters of her name stings my heart. I remembered I felt desperate one week after we broke up, then we spent the night together and she left for good. I haven’t seen her since then, I haven’t spoke with her either. I’m not desperate anymore; I just feel intense pain all the time. I was right; living without her is like living in hell.

 

Five bottles of wine later we were laughing out loud.  As we were speaking of random things, the conversation took a dark tone.

“I heard Hyun Suk Hyung say that you’ll have a public meeting with Lee BoNa tomorrow.” SeungRi said.

Top slapped his head this time. “Yah! Why do you keep saying stupid things?”

“It’s fine!” I said. I was slightly drunk so I felt comfortable talking about it. “Yes, unfortunately I have to meet that witch tomorrow. It’s part of the deal.”

“She looks so young and so innocent. I never would’ve thought she was capable of all of this.” Daesung said.

I chuckled, sarcastically. “Beware of those!” I exclaimed.

“How old is she?” Daesung asked.

“I think she’s twenty.” Young Bae replied.

“Hyung, do you still think about Em… OUCH!! Hyung stop punching me!” SeungRi shouted. He was obviously drunk.

“Are you shouting to me?” Top screamed.

We stood up and separated them. With the heat of the drinks, things could easily get out of control.

“I think about her every day, all day. She’s still in San Francisco, that’s the last thing I learned about her.” I actually went looking for her weeks ago to San Francisco, but she traveled to London hours before I got there. She’s moving a lot so it’s difficult to trace her.

“Ji Yongie, you should’ve asked our opinion when Hyun Suk told you that we were going to be disbanded if you chose her. I mean; we can survive without Big Bang!” Top exclaimed.

“Hyung get back together with hyeongsunim!” Daesung said.

“Yah! Do you think it’s that easy? To all Asia, Ji Yongie is dating Lee BoNa. Although there isn’t an official statement, it is unofficially known by everyone. Emilia thinks Ji Yong cheated on her… It’s a total mess!” Young Bae exclaimed while grabbing his head.

I sighed. I looked at SeungRi; he looked like he was thinking something. He stared at me and then said: “Hyung, isn’t there a possibility that Emi could be pregnant? I mean it’s not the best way to get her back, but…”

I smirked. “Nope, we were very careful with that. I’m sure she’s not pregnant, and if she was, she would’ve told me by now.”

“But it’s only been a month since the break up, if she’s pregnant she’ll start having symptoms soon.”

I looked at him. “Believe me, I can assure you, she’s not pregnant.”

SeungRi hunched. “That’s a shame, that would be the perfect excuse for you to get back with her, for Hyun Suk hyung to accept your relationship with her, and you would live happily ever after.”

“Yah! Are we in a fairy tale?” Young Bae said, annoyed.

I laughed.

 “Hyung, who took away the J.Estina endorsement from you?” Daesung asked.

“I don’t know.” I replied.

“That was your biggest deal. ” SeungRi added.

I shook my head. “Umm, maybe.” It actually annoyed me to lose thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter