Who is She?

Violet Love Sonata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ji Yong POV

“We’ve been separated for more than two months. I’ve missed her but, I’m not really sure if we should continue been together. I do love her, but not in a romantic way, I would say is more like a habit. She’s being so important to me that saying goodbye is excruciating difficult and painful. If we do go separate ways, I wish we could say goodbye in a friendly manner. But I know her, if we breakup we’re breaking ties… forever. At least that’s what she’s been saying for the past two hours.” I thought while drinking a whole glass of scotch. I was starting to feel suffocated.

“Let’s go to a karaoke room, I’m tired of been here.” I said and stood up. She obviously didn’t seem happy but followed me.

Everything was spinning. "Yep! I’m drunk!" I put my sunglasses on and turned left to enter the karaoke rooms’ hallway.  I could see the silhouette of a woman coming to our direction. “Great! Just what I need, another person staring at me in a judgmental way." That’s the look I get when someone sees me in this state.  Her face was blurry. Before we crossed paths, she looked down. “Wow! She's the first one to do that.” I thought.

We entered a karaoke room, we sang a couple of songs and then asked for a bottle of wine. A couple of minutes later a waiter entered from another door. A folding screen was hiding it.  Out of the blue, a loud noise came from that place. The waiter immediately showed up and said, “I’m so sorry, I broke one of the wineglasses, I’ll get another one and comeback quickly.”

I nodded and he left.

We sang one more song, when it stopped, “I don’t want to breakup. I know you’ve missed me.” Kiko said.

“I have missed you.”

“So what’s the problem? Let’s go public, and stay together.”

“You know we can’t, not right now, when our relationship is so unstable.” I knew this would hurt her.

She stood up, turned her back on me and said, “If we’re not continuing with our relationship, it’s over, it’ll be like you… like we never existed.”

I stood up, facing her back. “Please don’t, it doesn’t have to be that way. We have shared a lot together. We can still be friends. ”

We kept quiet for a couple of minutes.

“It’s over.” Kiko Said.

 “Really? We’re over? Just like that?”

“Just like that? I’ve been asking you for over a year now to make our relationship public and you’ve refused it every time. Just like now. I’m sick of it, of this.”

I turned my back on her, I was getting upset. I just blurted, “Before we started dating you told me you didn’t want to go public. You said that you didn’t want the attention that a public relationship would bring. We both agreed that our relationship would be ours. If we go public, the media, fans, our agencies become part of this relationship. Is that what you want?”

“We were young back then. Ji Yong, I want to marry soon, I want to have a family. Besides, going public will help our careers.”

“Our careers?” I sarcastically asked.  “It will help your career, you mean.”

“You’re drunk and an .” She said while walking to the door. “We’re over.” She opened the door and left the room.

“Kiko wait.” I said. “I’m a real , I don’t want this to end like this.” I thought while heading to the door after her.

I opened the door, the doorknob was still in my hand when I heard a loud cracking noise coming from behind the folding screen. I turned my head to see what happened. “The waiter must’ve listen.” I thought.

 “Who is there?” I asked while walking towards the folding screen.

It wasn’t the waiter; it was a woman with long black hair. She was about to leave when I grabbed her arm. I pulled her towards me so I could see her face. Since I kept seeing everything blurry, I pulled her very close to me... and then I saw her. White skin, natural red lips, and big dark eyes. She isn’t Korean or Asian, maybe an American.  I’m not sure if I was surprised because she obviously was a westerner or because she was really beautiful. Either way, here she was, listening to my private conversation. I found my words and angrily exclaimed, “Dugu-ia?”

She tried to get out of my grip; I didn’t let her. “Maybe she doesn’t speak Korean.” I thought. So I asked again, this time in English. “Who are you?” She began speaking in another language, I couldn’t understand what she was saying; I believe it was Spanish. “Do you speak Korean? English?” I asked in English again while we wrestled.

“No Korean. No English.” She replied with a heavy accent.

Her eyes were very expressive. She obviously wanted to get out of my grip. Looking at the way she was dressed, it seemed like she couldn’t be a member of Meca. So I asked again in English. This time slowly. “W-h-y  a-r-e  y-o-u  h-e-r-e?”

“No. No. No Korean. No English.” She said again.

She really doesn’t understand me. Even if she heard my conversation she doesn’t seem to understand English or Korean. I released her arm. She breathed deeply.

“Sorry, Sorry.” She said again with a heavy accent. She walked towards the front door, said sorry again and left.

I stayed there, surprised of what just happened. I sat down and leaned back on the sofa; I placed my right arm across my forehead. I sighed. “What is this? I need to leave.” I looked for my phone inside the pockets of my jeans; it wasn’t there. I saw my coat, which was across the room; I walked and reached it.  My darned coat had like a thousand pockets and with my blurry sight I spent several minutes trying to find it. “Yes! Finally!” I exclaimed while pulling my phone out of the right inside pocket of my coat. I had my phone in my hand when suddenly someone opened the door. It was the same woman. She closed the door and rapidly walked towards me.

“They’re coming.” She said in Korean.

“Huh!! You do speak Korean after all.”

“Listen. Paparazzis breached the complex, they saw your girlfriend leaving this area and right now they are searching every karaoke room one by one, to find you.” She explained. She grabbed my hat and put it on my head. She helped me put my coat and sunglasses on.

“Who are you?” I asked, perplexed.

“Really? I’ve just told you that paparazzis are looking for you and that’s what you want to know?” She asked, sarcastically. She took off her scarf and wrapped it around my neck hiding my mouth with it.  She took out another scarf from her bag and put it on; she also put her sunglasses on. She grabbed my hand and said, “Pretend we’re a couple, don’t say anything, I’ll speak Spanish. There’s an Uber waiting outside. Walk at my same pace and don’t be nervous, ok?”

I still was perplexed maybe even more than before, but I nodded.

We left the room. I could see the paparazzis going from room to room. One of them stopped and looked at us. She started to say things, a lot of things in Spanish while hitting my arm. It seemed like we were having a fight.  We kept walking, before exiting the karaoke rooms’ hallway, I slightly turned my head to see if they were following us, they were still searching each room.

I looked at her. “Who is she?” I thought. I looked at her again. She’s not taller than 5”4 (1.65), white skin, black long hair with some waves at the ends, nice slim body with some curves; she has an hourglass figure, a perfect and derriere size. The more I looked at her, the more I found her amazingly beautiful.

“Who the heck are you?” I asked, looking at her.

She  stared at me. “It doesn’t matter.” She answered.

“Did Yang Hyun-Suk hyung hired you to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter