A coincidence, for better or for worse

Violet Love Sonata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

EMI HARO POV:

I could see Arisu getting up for another cup of coffee while still watching the business presentation. I could hear the clock on the wall ticking while listening the financial monthly results of the company. I could think how I hated the color of the walls, while thinking in which area we’ll invest our monthly budget. So, yes… as you guessed I love multi-tasking. I could hear Leo asking twice the same question.

“Emi? Did you hear me?” Leo said.

“Of Course and the answer is no. We’ll leave the website interface as it is, at least for now. Everything looks good, financially I mean. Show me the banners that we’ll display for Easter.”

Arisu walked towards me and whispered, “Sajangnim, we only have 5 more min.”

I nodded. “The banners for spring break. For the US Market let’s promote Puerto Vallarta instead of Cancun. For the Latin America Market, umm… in Mexico and Central America let’s use emotional marketing. I’m not really sure about South America. Let’s make a market research on what South Americans like to do for spring break. I’ll need those results for next month, please.” I paused. “Oh! And our logo, we’ve spent 4 years with the same logo, let’s change it a little bit. I need 5 options by the end of the week. Any questions?”

I stared at the 7 people in the meeting room. Finally, Leo answered, “No, Emi.”

“Great!” I said while getting up from the chair. “Have a safe flight everyone.” I added while heading to the door.

“Hit me Arisu, what’s next?” I asked while walking out of the meeting room. Arisu was walking behind me trying to follow my quick steps.

“You have your meeting with CEO Lee Ji Woon in one hour. A dress is ready in your office, for you to change.” Said Arisu.

I stopped, looked at her. “Didn’t I tell you I wouldn’t be meeting him? I don’t like these blind dates set-ups.” I turned around and continued walking.

“Sajangnim, CEO Lee is the heir to Samsung group, he’s been calling insistently to set up a date.”

I smirked. “ I really doubt that he personally has been calling you.”

 “Sajangnim!! You promised! Please go. I know Mr. Lee Ji Woon personal assistant. If you don’t go, I can assure you that he will be fired.” I could hear the desperation in Ari’s voice. “Please see it as a tactical meeting, he is the heir to Samsung Group and you should have powerful friends.” She continued.

“Alright! Alright! I’ll go Ari, but I won’t be changing. I’ll be going dressed like this.” I said after seeing the beautiful dress hanging in my office.

“Sajangnim, the dress is amazing, please wear it! Is from your favorite designer, Valentino. This dress is not even available in stores right now, they’ve sent it to you before it hits stores.”

“ I will wear it tomorrow for sure, but not today.” I said while smiling.

“I know what you’re trying to do, Sajangnim.” Ari said.

“You underdressed today with jeans, a simple white shirt and loafers so that CEO Lee would feel disappointed after seeing you in casual wear. But let me assure you, he knows who you are. The CEO and founder of two of the greatest tech-companies in the world, with a net worth of 100 million dollars. If you wanted to keep your anonymity, you shouldn’t have done the interview with Forbes, Sajangnim. ” Said Ari while smiling.

 “Maybe I’m just trying to avoid another invitation. We both know that Mr. Lee is not looking for something serious with me.” I said while opening my purse and getting my compact powder to retouch my makeup. “I’m a foreigner, but not any foreigner, a westerner, do you really think that he’s interested in me because I’m the CEO of some companies?”  I asked.

Before Ari could gather her thoughts, I continued, “Of course not, we both knows how this works... And believe me, I’m not interested in one nightstands but I’m less interested in relationships. I’m pretty familiar with how Koreans are with dating.”

 I finished retouching my makeup when I noticed my purse, a Louis Vuitton Capucine. “This ruins my plan.” I said.

 “What Sajangnim?” Ari asked.

“Ari, lend me your purse. You can take mine, but right now I need yours.” I said while taking all of my things from inside the purse.

Ari run out of my office and returned with her purse. A simple black bag. “ Sajangnim you’re taking this too seriously.” She said before handing me her bag.

“Maybe.” I murmured. “But I just want this to be over.” I continued while getting all my things inside the black purse. “Can you please tell the valet to get my car to the front door?”

“Sajangnim, your car is undergoing service. It will be ready later tonight. An SUV with a driver is waiting for you at the lobby. Do you want him to wait for you? Or do you want your car to be deliver at Meca?” Ari asked while texting, probably the driver.

“Don’t worry." I said "I’ll take an Uber after my meeting with Mr. Lee, please send my car to my apartment.” I wrapped a scarf around my neck. I walked to the elevator, Ari was walking behind me. I’ve told her several times that she doesn’t needs to call me Sajangnim or follow me to the lobby when I leave, or even bow to me. But her answer is always the same. “Please let me embrace my culture.” So, I just gave up. I let her do what she wants and what makes her happy.

While walking through the lobby, I could see everyone bowing to me. At first I felt a little uncomfortable, but now I’m used to it. I feel very honored and thankful to have this kind of respect from my employees. The driver opened the door of the SUV as soon as he saw me walking through the front door. Before getting in the car I turned and said to Ari, “Please, send me my schedule for tomorrow and send the Valenti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter