Always

Spirits

(다비치 (DAVICHI) - 그대를 잊는다는 건 (Forgetting You) (Moon Lovers : Scarlet Heart Ryo OST Part.4)


“Why did you take the long route home?!” Chanyeol muttered. He bandaged Hanbyul’s bloody leg and scowled out of annoyance. I was supposed to ignore you today too after that spirit talk. He avoided her eyes and placed a covering over her knee.

“Because I wanted to be with Sehun for a little longer…he always walks me home.” Hanbyul mumbled. She swung her good leg and looked at her best friend. “Can’t you believe me? You always agreed with whatever I said even if it was nonsense.”

“I did agree with you every time you spoke rubbish but this time…” He lifted his head to meet her gaze. “This time…it’s a little too much for me.”

Hanbyul blinked a few times before parting her lips to speak. “His name is Sehun and he’s a forest spirit. He resides in the woods and I always see him in the morning. He greets me before anyone else and is the last one to say good night. He’s a kind-hearted soul who cares about humans-or at least the ones he can see.”

“Hanbyul…”

“There’s another spirit I know. Remember the story of the little baby that drowned in the river? His name was Xiumin. The heavens and the lords of nature made a compromise and agreed to let him back into this world as a spirit.”

Chanyeol stood there and sighed. “Sure.”

“It’s true.”

“I know.”

Hanbyul hopped off the table and flinched in pain before stumbling over into his arms.

He caught her and held her in silence.

“I’m serious Chan, they’re real.”

The gentle giant stood in his spot and lifted her up onto the table again. “Can we talk about this some other day?”

Hanbyul held onto the edges of the smooth timber. “Fine.” She whispered. She stepped off with caution this time and slowly walked away. “See you tomorrow.” She mumbled.

Chanyeol watched as she hobbled away uncomfortably, he shook his head and followed after her. “Byul...” He reached for her wrist and spun her around before picking her up. “You’ll never make it to your room…not with that gash.”

 

A couple hours later, Hanbyul sat on her bed and struggled with her math assignment. She sighed stressfully and pushed the pile of papers away.

 

Dink

 

She raised an eyebrow when she heard the noise.

 

Dink.

 

Hanbyul peeked behind her curtains and looked out the window to see Sehun standing there. He held a pebble in his hands and smiled. “Are you okay?” He asked.

“It doesn’t hurt.”

Sehun frowned. “Don’t lie…I saw the cut before you did. Make sure you clean it and don’t do anything hastily before the wound closes.”

She smiled. “Okay.”

“Will you be able to walk to school tomorrow?”

“Well-“ Then she gawked at the sight of her grandmother. Hanbyul nearly fell back as she attempted to hide. She stuck a hand out and signaled for him to come in.

 

Moments later, the two sat next to each other and faced the moonlight that poured into the room. A puffy pillow kept the two from touching but that’s all they really needed anyway.

Hanbyul stretched her leg out and looked at the white gauze that wrapped around her knee. “It’s going to scar, isn’t it?”

Sehun nodded slowly. “It’s inevitable.” He admitted. “Be careful!” He said. “Because I can’t protect you even if I wanted to.”

She looked at him and chuckled. “Man, if I was a spirit I’d be head over heels for you.”

He grinned and looked away. “Then I wish you were a spirit.”

“Remember the song we played in the music room?”

He nodded. “I do.”

Hanbyul pointed to the keyboard that rested on a stand that was across her room. “Can we play it again?”

 

He placed the keyboard on their laps and spread out the music sheets. “Are you sure about playing the piano at this hour? I don’t want to disturb your grandma.”

Hanbyul chuckled and shook her head. “She can sleep through a hurricane.”

Sehun laughed and nodded. “If you say so.”

 

Chanyeol stood outside her room and leaned against the fencing. Hanbyul’s light was still on and it worried him that she wasn’t asleep at this ungodly hour. Was her leg hurting too much? Should he change the bandage? Can she reach her light-switch? There were a dozen questions running through his mind.

Then he heard the sweet melody once again, the same song that echoed through the halls played again and this time it seeped out of her room. He stood up straight and furrowed his brows. He was a man of a few instruments himself and knowing that music sheet, Chanyeol was sure that a piece like this couldn’t be played by one person alone.

It’s an impossible remix. He thought. “How is she doing that?”

 

The next day, Hanbyul’s grandmother had quite the shock when she discovered her granddaughter’s bloody knee.


“My God! How did this happen? Why didn’t you tell me yesterday?”

Hanbyul simply shook it off and took a seat for breakfast.

“How are you going to walk to school with that?!”

“I’ll manage.”

“Honey!” The distressed granny put her hands on her hips. “I can’t let you walk around like that? Why don’t we go to the hospital?” She shook her head. “Aigoo, how are we going to get there?”

Hanbyul waved her hands. “I can go to the school nurse, I’ll be okay.”

Her grandmother took a seat and sighed. “Be careful.”

Hanbyul nodded and chugged a glass of water before getting up. “I’ll get going.”

“This early?!”

“It’s going to take me even longer to get to school…” She said sheepishly.

 

She walked slowly out of her house and winced in pain. Sehun was nowhere to be seen and the cold morning breeze suddenly seemed uninviting. Hanbyul sighed and continued walking by herself. She didn’t even get to make it out of her porch before Chanyeol strolled in.

He looked at her bruised leg and pressed his lips into a firm line. “Stop.” He mumbled. He reached for her hand and patiently led her to the tire swing that hung in her yard. He picked her up and sat her on top of it before dropping his bag on the ground.

Hanbyul just stared at him without batting an eye. “Why are you here so early? You’re never early for class.”

Chanyeol removed her dressing and cleaned the wound before putting on a new bandage. “How are you going to walk to school?” He murmured. He taped the medical gauze down firmly before shoving the little first aid kit back into his bag.

He threw his backpack on before picking her up.

 

“Am I heavy?” She asked. Hanbyul had her bag on her abdomen as Chanyeol carried her to school.

“Very.”

“Then let me get off.”

He jostled her body closer to his and with a firm hold he shook his head. “No.” 


 

[a/n]: 9/23/16 (NY time) - yay we're advertised!

comments are much appreciated!

guys im getting published! Read more about it here