The Calm

White Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys! I’m back with another chapter!

Sorry that it was late this time D:
To be honest I was procrastinating lol
Help me with this disease called procrastinatioooon!

Anyways, I kinda changed my writing a bit here and added bits of comedy

 

I also changed some of the format

Italics are the thoughts of the character’s now

 

Now, without further ado, enjoy the chapter~

 

 

Sana went out of her house and waited in front of the lift. She is used to doing errands for her parents, especially since she has no siblings. She sees the elevator going to the highest floor in the apartment, the penthouse. She wonders if the owner is going somewhere; Sana hopes she wouldn’t be in the same elevator, but from the looks of it she will. It’s not that she hates them, in fact, she has never met them; it’s just that she is nervous even though there is no need. Maybe it’s because the fact that the owner of the apartment lives there and could kick her family out if she rubbed her off in the wrong way.

 

The lift’s door open. Just greet them and don’t make eye contact, Sana! It’ll be okay!

 

“Good eve– Tzuyu?!” Sana screamed out of shock.

 

“Oh, hello there, Sana-sunbaenim. I didn’t know you live here.” Tzuyu smiled innocently, like she didn’t stalk the older girl home.

 

“O-Oh, I-I didn’t know you live here too, Tzuyu-sshi…. Y-You do live here right?” She awkwardly smiled and entered the lift. The owner of this apartment is Tzuyu’s parents?! But isn’t the owner a Heo? Not a Chou? “Oh, and please don’t call me sunbaenim. It’s too formal, unnie is fine.”

 

“Okay, Sana-unnie. Then you should call me without formalities too. And yes I do live here, at the penthouse.” Tzuyu beamed. Yessss, I got permission to call her unnie now

 

“…Umm, Tzuyu-sshi,” Tzuyu quirked her eyebrow. “I mean, Tzuyu. Can I ask you a question?”

 

“Well, technically you already are, but yeah sure. What is it?” Tzuyu giggled. Sana could feel herself turning red just by listening to the younger girl. What’s wrong with me?!

 

“Well, uh, are your parents the owners of the apartment building?” Sana asked carefully.

 

“What? No, no, my parents don’t own it.” Tzuyu chuckled. Nor do I even have parents. “My friend is the one who owns it though.”

 

“Your friend’s parents?”

 

“No, it’s belongs to my friend. It’s Seo Claire, you know her right? We go to the same school.” Sana’s eyes almost came out of their sockets.

 

“W-Wait, b-but isn’t the owner a Heo not a Seo?”

 

“Oh, you mean Catherine Heo? That’s Claire’s alias.”

 

“L-Let me g-get t-this straight, y-you mean a girl of the same age as me o-owns this elite apartment building??? What have I been doing with my life?” Sana dramatically says. The lift reaches the ground floor as they were conversing, and they come out.

 

“Oh, don’t be hard on yourself, Claire had a lot of time to do this. Anyway, where are you going, Sana-unnie?” Tzuyu asks, seemingly unaware of her motives.

 

“Huh? Oh, right! I need to buy a few stuff for my mother at the supermarket. What about you?”

 

“I was gonna buy some snacks at the convenient store. But I think I should be accompanying you instead, seeing that you’re going alone and at night.” Tzuyu grabs her hand and starts to lead her to the store.

 

“W-Wha– you don’t have to do that. I’ll be fine on my own, it’s okay. Besides, nothing bad happens in our part of town.” Sana tries to free her hand from Tzuyu’s grip, but her hand won’t budge no matter how hard she tries. How strong is the girl?

 

“Nonsense, you never know what could happen, especially at night. The time when demons come out to play. It is my duty to protect you at all cost, princess.” Tzuyu said dutifully, just like a bodyguard would. And just like the girl from her dream.

 

“Princess?” Sana suddenly has flashbacks to her dream.

 

“Uhhh, I mean you look very pretty, just like a princess!” Tzuyu realizes her slip up, and tries to cover it up. Sana could feel herself becoming warmer.

 

“I didn’t know you were a stubborn and flirty person, Tzuyu.” Sana chuckled. “But seriously you’re being dramatic, nothing bad will happen. I’ll be okay, don’t let me be in the way of your quest to get snacks.” She joked.

 

“I insist, princess. And I could always fulfil my quest at the supermarket too.” Tzuyu played along.

 

“Okay, okay, you win.” Sana laughs. They’re now walking along the sidewalk, side by side. Shoulders almost touching. “Since you’re calling me a princess now. What do I call you? Prince?”

 

“I would prefer to be called your knight instead,” Tzuyu winked. “since I’m always there when you need me.”

 

“Stop being cheesy!” Sana blushed.

 

“But I’m not though???”

 

“Yes, you are. If not, then why do I keep blushing!?” she cutely whined.

 

“Maybe because you like me?” Tzuyu smirked. “Or maybe you have a skin disease, whichever one”

 

“Yah!” Sana blushed even more furiously. Just like that, they kept on teasing each other and talked about anything that came into mind. And before they’ve noticed, they've arrived at the supermarket. Sana grabbed a basket and started to search for the things that she needed. Tzuyu on the other hand kept accompanying Sana even inside the store; although she did leave her for a moment to get snacks so that she could fulfil her made up excuse.

 

However, as Sana is paying for her thing, she realized that she… Wait…. Where is it?! I know it’s supposed to be here somewhere! …God please! Don’t be like this to meeee!!! God dammit…. I didn’t bring my wallet…. . Uhhhhhhhh…. What now? Should I ask her to lend me some money? Buuuuut, then she’ll think badly of me. Will she? She probably won’t, I mean she’s a kind person right? Right? She’s gonna think bad of me. I’m positive…. I’m doomed!

 

“Sana-unnie? Are you okay?” Tzuyu worryingly asks. Did she just have a seizure?

 

“Huh? Ah, yeah! I’m fine, I’m totally fine! Nothing’s wrong at all!” Sana smiled brightly, too brightly. Tzuyu squinted her eyes at her suspiciously.

 

“…Are you sure?” she accusingly asks again.

 

“Well…. I may have…. Uhhh…. You know…. Ummm…. Forgot to bring my wallet….” Awkward pause. “Te-hee!” Sana laughs, trying to make the situation less awkward.

 

“….” Tzuyu just blankly stares at her. “Wot?”

 

“Ahahahaha…. Pleasedon’tbemadatmebutcanIpleaseborrowyourmoney?” Tzuyu keeps staring at her, and Sana feels even more awkward; plus, the growing line behind Tzuyu and the glare of the cashier isn’t helping. But then Tzuyu suddenly laughs, very hard. She laughs to the point that she is holding her stomach. Sana’s face must be redder than a baboon’s but.

 

“Ha… ha…” Tzuyu tries to regain her breath. “Here, just use my card. Haaa….” She hands Sana the card while wiping the tears out of her eyes.

 

“…thanks…” Sana takes the card and hurriedly pays for her stuff. Soon after, Tzuyu pays for her snack, and both of them proceeded to walk out of the store. The moment they were out of the supermarket, Sana hits Tzuyu hard on her arm. “Ya! Why did you laugh at me?! Not to mention so hard!”

 

“That’s what she said.” Sana glared at Tzuyu, clearly not amused by her joke. “Ahem, anywaysss. It was cute you know,” they resumed their walk back home.

 

“No, I don’t know! What was cute??? Me looking like an idiot in front of dozens of people?!” she stomped.

 

“Yup.” Tzuyu says while popping the ‘p’. “You looked so cute looking all distressed like that.” She winks. Sana pouts.

 

“You’re so mean.” After that they kept walking in silence, the comfortable kind. They are about half way home now, and Tzuyu has a problem. Her hand has been itching to hold the other’s hand, but she worries that she might be progressing too fast in their relationship. I mean this has only been their second encounter with each other. Suddenly holding hands would be weird, right? Tzuyu thought to herself. But it’s so tempting….

 

“Tzuyu-ya,” Sana calls out to her. “Are you always like this?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“What I mean is, are you always this flirty? Do you do this to other girls too? Or are you into guys?” she innocently asks.

 

“Well, I will love anyone, gender doesn’t matter. If you live long enough, you’ll eventually see the you see the loveliness of the opposite gender. In fact, the human soul is actually pan-ual, meaning that they have no preferences to love. Love is love to the soul. And–”

 

“Tzuyu!” Sana cuts off her ranting.

 

“Ahaha, sorry about that. But I do have a preference for women though. Ummm, anyway, back to the original question,” Tzuyu apologizes. “I actually don’t do this a lot. I actually rarely talk at all. I’m just like this because it’s you.”

 

“Uhhh, I–”

 

“Ohhhh! Look at what we have here boys! A pair of two fine young ladies!” A bunch of men came out of an alley near where Tzuyu and Sana are standing. From the looks of it they belong to a gang from the bad part of to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter