Taengoo to the Rescue!

Dandyu's Room
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Title: Taengoo to the Rescue! Posted: May 5, 2014 Updated: 26 July 2016 “Achooo!”   Taeyeon sighed at the sound of sneezing from the room while stirring the pan. She was making porridge for her sick girlfriend, who apparently was a lot harder to take care of than Jessica, who was well-known for her hatred towards medicines, doctors, and hospitals. She took a sip of porridge, content at how her dish tasted, and poured some in a bowl. She then took the tray of food and walked to her room. The long-haired girl pushed the door of the room with her foot and exclaimed, “Soonkyu-ah, I made you egg porridge.”   Seeing Taeyeon with a tray of food at the door, Sunny curled up deeper inside her blanket. “Don’t wanna.”   “Come on, you need to take your medicine, but you need to eat first,” the older girl said, trying to coax the sick girl.   “I don’t wanna!”   Taeyeon sighed. Sunny was really adamant to not take any medicine despite her sickness. She had been sneezing the previous two days, until she finally came down with a cold that morning. When the doctor came to the dorm, she suggested that the sick girl had a medicine shot to heal faster, but she refused to take any form of medicine. Taeyeon, however, insisted that the doctor prescribe her girlfriend some medicine, and she did.   “Soonkyu-ah, you can’t get well soon if you don’t take your medicine.”   “I’ll be okay with enough rest! I don’t wanna take any medicine!” Sunny shouted from under the cover. She then restrained a sneeze, but even a deaf person knew that she was sick.   Taeyeon rubbed her temple, confused why Sunny was being so troublesome. Usually, the girl would drink her medicine diligently and get better in the morning that sometimes her own members wouldn’t even realized that she was sick. In her desperation, Taeyeon tugged on the cover and pleaded, “Why are you like this? Please eat your porridge, at least just a little bit.”   The cover slowly moved and showed a sick Sunny with a red nose and watery eyes. The girl had been sneezing a lot and made her somehow look like Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer.   “Aigoo, look at you. Your nose must be stuffy.” Taeyeon pulled a tissue from the bedside table and pushed it in front of the brown-haired girl’s nose, signaling her to blow on it. Sunny eyed her hesitantly, before blowing on it.   “See? That’s better.” The long-haired girl threw the tissue into the bin and picked the bowl, ready to feed her sick girlfriend. She scooped a spoonful of scalding hot porridge and blew on it slowly before taking it in front of Sunny’s mouth. “Say aaah,”   “I’m not a kid, I can eat by myself,” Sunny mumbled, but ate the spoonful anyway.   “You’re my kid until you’re completely well. The company has rescheduled your activities because of this, but a lot of schedules are waiting for you, not to mention our concert in Japan next weekend.”   Sunny hung her head and replied in a low voice, “I know.”   Taeyeon scooped another spoonful of porridge before saying, “Then why are you being so fussy? Usually you don’t mind taking medicines and rest.”   Sunny chewed on the porridge slowly, ignoring what Taeyeon said. “Your porridge taste good, Taengoo-yah,” she said with a weak smile.   “Yah, don’t try to avoid the topic. Why are you like this?”   Sunny should’ve known that her aegyo doesn’t work on her leader. She hung her head and pouted, avoiding Taeyeon’s gaze.   Getting no answer from her sick member, Taeyeon sighed and put the bowl back to the tray. She got into the bed and held Sunny’s hand. She rubbed the sick girl’s hand with her thumb, feeling it slightly warm because of the cold. “Won’t you tell me what’s wrong? You’re not usually like this.”   Sunny leaned her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder, but still kept mum. She was being her stubborn self, and no one could do anything about it, not even her girlfriend.   Taeyeon finally gave in; she knew something was troubling Sunny, but she wouldn’t tell her anything unless she was ready. Instead of asking more questions, she gave a kiss to their entwined hands and said, “Okay, I won’t ask again. You’ll tell me when you’re ready, right?”   Sunny nodded against her girlfriend’s shoulder, and felt the bed shifted as Taeyeon took her previous place, getting ready to feed her again. Right after the second spoonful, the older girl’s phone rang.   “Hello? Yes, I’m still at the dorm... I’ll go after I make sure Sunny get her rest. Just start without me, I’ll get there soon.”   Taeyeon hung up the phone soon after and grabbed the bowl to finish feeding Sunny, but the latter already tucked herself in. “Just go, Taengoo, they must be waiting for you. I’ll just sleep now, yeah?” she said with a nasally voice.   Somehow relieved and wondered why Sunny promptly returned to her usual self, Taeyeon grabbed her phone and made her way out. “Alright, I’ll go now. I’ll bring home something warm for you to eat.”   Seeing her girlfriend nodded and smiled weakly at her, Taeyeon was reluctant to leave the poor girl alone in the dorm. Nevertheless, she had dance training to go to, thus she returned the smile and grabbed the doorknob. “Have a good rest, love.”   But just when she was about to close the door, Taeyeon remembered something. “Wait a minute. You haven’t taken your medicine!”   It was faint, but Taeyeon swore she could hear Sunny clicked her tongue and mumbled, “Damn it, that was close.”   Stomping to the bedside table, Taeyeon tore open the medicine wrap and shoved a glass of water and two kinds of medicine that the doctor prescribed for Sunny; one for her fever and one for her flu. “Tried to fool me, didn’t you? Take these, and no funny business this time.”   Sunny pouted, but took the medicines and the glass of water off of Taeyeon. She was about to protest, but seeing Taeyeon’s glare she downed the medicines in no time and opened to show the girl that she had taken them.   “Now that’s my girl,” Taeyeon smiled, satisfied with what Sunny did. She gave her girlfriend a kiss on the forehead and rubbed her warm cheeks. “Get some rest. I’ll be back before you know it.”   #   It was already late when Taeyeon finished her training. She went inside the dorm with a takeaway soup and her bag, followed by Tiffany who carried Prince on her left hand and her bag on the other. Tiffany put down the white dog onto the floor, and it immediately ran to Sunny’s door, wanting to greet its ‘daddy’.   “He really loves Sunny, doesn’t he? I thought he would be asking for some food.”   Taeyeon just laughed at Tiffany’s complaints. She knew how Prince only comes to her for some food, and spends the rest of the day and night following Sunny around. “It’s okay, Fany-ah, he must be missing our Soonkyu the whole day,” Taeyeon said, while putting the soup in the bowl for Sunny.   “Yeah, whatever. I’ll take a bath now. Just get some food for Prince if he runs out of your room, okay?”   “Okay.” Taeyeon took the tray of food and slowly made her way to her room, meeting her black dog along the way. “Hi Ginger, are you hungry too? I’ll get you your food after this, okay?” she greeted her dog, who shook its tail at the sight of its master and the smell of food. It immediately followed her, expecting its food soon.   When Taeyeon arrived in front of Sunny’s room, Prince was already scratching on the door with its paw and whining, wanting Sunny to open the door. Taeyeon shook her head and held the tray with one hand. “How can your daddy open the door if she’s sleeping?”   Taeyeon opened the door with one hand and Prince immediately ran inside, barking in excitement at its daddy. She the lamp and made her way to the sleeping girl, who stirred upon the sound of Prince barking. “Shhh! Tone it down, Prince, she’s sleeping.” Taeyeon nudged Prince with her foot and the dog just whined at her.   After putting the tray of food on the bedside table, Taeyeon shook Sunny’s sleeping form. “Soonkyu-ah, wake up.”   It didn’t take a long time for Taeyeon to wake the sleeping girl up, especially since Prince ‘helped’ her by barking nonstop. Sunny fluttered her eyes open and were met with Taeyeon’s smile. “Hi,” Taeyeon greeted.   Sunny smiled at the sight of her girlfriend, and tried to sit up. Taeyeon helped her out and leaned her sleepy girlfriend on the headboard with a pillow in between. She then felt Sunny’s warm forehead and noticed that the medicines had been working. “Your fever has gone down a bit. You had a good rest, didn’t you?”   “Yes, I did,” Sunny answered briefly with a husky and nasally voice, and smiled at the feel of Taeyeon’s hand on her forehead.   “I bought you soup for dinner. It has some ginger on it, so it should help you sweat.”   “Speaking of ginger, have you feed your dog?”   Taeyeon glanced down and saw Ginger whining at her, while Prince kept barking, expecting its daddy to lift it onto the bed to greet her.   “Aish, these dogs.” Taeyeon lifted Prince onto the bed and the dog immediately pounced on Sunny, giving the latter relentless on her face. “I’ll feed Ginger, be back in a bit,” Taeyeon said, slightly annoyed because Prince got to ‘kiss’ Sunny before she could.   When Taeyeon went back with a new glass of water, she saw Sunny had almost finished her bowl of soup. Disappointed that she couldn’t take care of her girlfriend better, she pouted. “You’re eating already? I was going to feed you, though.”   “I’m sorry, but I’m really hungry. This is delicious, though,” Sunny pointed at the soup with her spoon.   “Yeah? I asked around and they said this soup is good when we have a cold.”   “You asked to the right person. It’s really good,” Sunny her lips once she finished her last spoonful.   Taeyeon picked up the empty bowl and hand Sunny the glass of water and her medicines. “Change your pajama. You must be sweating a lot.”   Sunny took the medicines and gulped the water in a matter of seconds. She had been sweating a lot, and it helped a lot in hydrating her sick body. “Yeah, I feel like taking a shower.”   “Go have a hot shower, I’ll clean these dishes.” Taeyeon piled the empty bowl with the porridge bowl she left that morning, which were left untouched. She was about to pick up the tray out when Sunny hugged her.   “Thank you for the dinner, Taengoo. It was delicious.”   “You’re welcome,” Taeyeon briefly returned the warm hug and playfully slapped her girlfriend’s , “Now go take a shower. You stink of sweat.”   Taeyeon coolly picked up the tray of dirty dishes, leaving Sunny who was left dumbstruck and rubbing her stinging .   #   Taeyeon plopped her tired body on her bed. Well, technically it was Sooyoung’s bed. After most members moved out of the dorm, Sunny took the largest unoccupied room, which happened to be Jessica and Sooyoung’s room. Yet, sometimes Taeyeon would sleep there whenever Sunny stayed in.   After cleaning the dirty dishes, she changed what used to be Jessica’s bed sheet and made the messy bed. She wanted Sunny to get better sooner despite her unspoken troubles, and a clean room and bed sheet was a must, especially since Sunny didn’t like to clean. Skipping schedules for more than two days would be fatal, because she had a lot of individual schedules to attend to. She made a mental note to urge Sunny to talk, even though she knew the girl would stubbornly avoid the topic again.   Just then, Sunny went into the room wearing a baby blue pajama. Unlike that morning, she didn’t look like a sick person, and that alone made Taeyeon smile. “Feeling better?”   Sunny nodded, a content smile was plastered on her bare face. “How was the practice?” she asked as she climbed to Taeyeon’s bed.   Taeyeon scooted and lifted her arm, making a room for Sunny to cuddle in. “Nothing special. You’re not there.”   Sunny leaned her body towards Taeyeon and hugged her girlfriend’s small frame. “You still need to practice diligently even though I’m not there.”   “Said someone who’s the happiest every time dance practice is cancelled.”   “Hey, I’m not the only one who’s happy when that happens!” Sunny whined as she rested her head on the crook of Taeyeon’s neck, smelling a lavender perfume from the older girl’s body. The fragrance was the one that Sunny sprayed on her pillows just to make them smell like Taeyeon and made her sleep much better, especially on nights where she had to sleep without her girlfriend.   Taeyeon laughed and kissed Sunny’s forehead, smelling the fragrant vanilla shower gel on her warm body. “I know, I know. It was dull without you, and I’m not the only one who said that.”   Feeling a pair of lips on her forehead, Sunny glanced up at Taeyeon’s face and mumbled, “Have I kissed you today…?”   “You haven’t. Prince beat me to it.”   Sensing a hint of jealousy in Taeyeon’s words, Sunny grinned and pulled Taeyeon’s head down to meet her lips. The two girls locked lips slowly, banishing every single feeling of longings they felt the whole day without each other with each push and pull. The kiss was also a token of gratitude from Sunny, who was thankful at her girlfriend’s care even though she was not being her usual self. She rubbed Taeyeon’s neck with her thumb, feeling Taeyeon exhaled – relaxing at her touch.   “Sunny baby are you feeling better?”   The couple broke their kiss, startled at the sudden opening of the door. On the door frame stood Tiffany, with Prince which ran past the black-haired girl to stand near the bed wagging its tail excitedly. Seeing the couple’s hug
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter