003 Pretty When You Cry.

One Push (A Tug of Attraction)

Pretty When You Cry


The moment we stumbled into my flat we were dizzy and in a haze, but I was sure from different reasons. Junmyeon was pretty much wasted, so I had to keep him up all the way to my home. Luckily, there was an elevator in my complex, otherwise it would be a hell to get the man to the sixth floor.

I toed my heels off and kicked them carelessly away. Junmyeon was basically sleeping then, so I let him totally lean on me and slowly, I dragged him to the couch with much effort. My body almost screamed with happiness when I let the man lay on the couch, and sat on the floor next to him. I puffed a breath and looked at Junmyeon. He was peacefully sleeping, so I stood up and took off his shoes. I assumed he wasn't good with handling alcohol, because he was wasted just after basically a few shots. Or he just feels sleepy after consuming a certain amount of ethanol, just like me.

I got Junmyeon out of his jacket and went to my kitchen where I grabbed a bottle of mineral water and a glass. When I came back, Junmyeon was sitting up with his eyes barely open and not blinking.

"Where am I?" He croaked out.

"In my flat." I put the glass in front of the man, and poured water into it. "How are you feeling?" I tried to give Junmyeon the water, but he only blinked.

"I feel horrible." 

Biting my bottom lip, I positioned the glass near Junmyeon's mouth.

"You're probably thirsty." I said gently. The man looked up straight at me. His face was unreadable, but I caught a glimpse of desperation in his eyes.

Junmyeon parted his lips expectantly, and I carefully let him drink. He didn't move his gaze from me even for a second, making heat spread through my body. His eyes were so intense I had to look away.

When the glass was empty, I put it on the table behind me. Before I could move away, Junmyeon grabbed my hips and pulled me to him, so I fell on his lap. At the man's touch on my body, warmness spread through my chest and to the every tiniest part of my body. I felt like I had my heart in my throat.

There was a tension between us, one that I haven't felt for a long time. My gaze fell on Junmyeon's lips that slowly were nearing my own ones. Quick look up told me that the man's pupils were dilated and his face was serious. I swallowed with difficulty, and half-inch before our lips touched and all I wished for finally happened, I moved away.

Junmyeon's eyes showed hurt for a second, but then he masked his expression with seriousness.

"I'm sorry." I said quietly and pushed myself up. "I can't."

"I understand." Junmyeon croaked out and looked at the black screen of the TV.

I ran a hand through my hair with frustration. "Cheating is the last thing I want to ever see. And I can't let you do this to you and Minhee, no matter how much I'm attracted to you."

Junmyeon frowned at me. "Are you?"

"Yes. I like you a lot." I sighed and sat on the arm of the couch defeated. "But I can't be that selfish and break your relationship."

"That's why you approached me?" Junmyeon asked quietly, looking at the floor.

"Yeah. But after knowing you and Minhee better, I decided that friendship should be enough for me." I pursed my lips and nodded weakly.

Junmyeon was quiet and the nervousness was making me unable to sit there calmly, so my leg was jumping up and down quickly.

"I think," the man started and I looked at him expectantly "that we should go to sleep for now. It's pretty late."

There was a crack and I realized it was my heart. 

"Sure." I said quietly and stood up. "I will prepare the couch for you."

Junmyeon nodded and I rushed to my bedroom. When I was inside, the embarrassment and sadness hit me full force making my eyes water excessively. I took a few deep breaths and went to the wardrobe for the blankets.

Not long after, I went back to the living room and prepared the couch as quickly as possibly. "Here you go." I didn't look at Junmyeon even once after returning to him. "If you need anything, I'm there." I pointed at the dark door. "Make yourself at home." I nodded and went to the kitchen to turn the lights off there. Passing by Junmyeon to get to my bedroom, I murmured "Good night" and didn't wait for his reply as I rushed to escape his presence.

In my room, I slapped my cheeks softly. "Get a grip on yourself, you stupid girl." I murmured and went to change into my pyjamas.

That night, I couldn't fall asleep, because thoughts about Junmyeon and what will happen between us kept me awake. When I finally dozed off, Minhee showed in my dreams. 

 

A sound of doorbell made me jerk from the slight slumber I was in. Without even thinking I jumped from my bed, grabbed a hoodie from the side, and sped to the front door while trying to cover my upper body. When I went through the living room, Junmyeon was sitting up, looking around sleepily clearly awoken right now as well.

Without looking through the peephole, I unlocked the door and snatched them open. Behind them was standing a short girl wearing a knee-length black dress, spiked litas, and a leather jacket. On her head was a band with cat ears, keeping her long dark hair away from her face, and she had a choker around her neck.

"Jihyun!" I exclaimed with surprise. The girl waved at me and flashed me a sweet grin.

What are you doing here? I signed to her in the sign language.

I need to borrow shoes from you. My sister signed back with her hands.

I lifted my eyebrow in suspicion. "Shoes?" I murmured. Shrugging, I opened the door wider, and my sister went into the flat. When she noticed Junmyeon on the couch, her eyes widened.

You have a boyfriend!? She signed furiously, ajar.

I shook my head with tensed face. A friend. 

Jihyun scrutinized Junmyeon, who was looking at her with surprise, his hair dishevelled and clothes crumpled.

"Junmyeon, this is my sister, Jihyun." I pointed at the girl. When she looked back at me, I signed to her Junmyeon's name. 

"Oh, can you tell her it's nice to meet her?" Junmyeon asked while scratching his head with embarrassment. The sight was so adorable I melted a little inside. I didn't forget about his request though.

After I relayed the message to my sister, Jihyun instantly smiled and went to Junmyeon to shook his hand. Then, she sat next to the man and looked at me. Go look for the brown suedette ankle boots with triple buckle. Thank you.

My eyebrows scrunched in suspicion, but I went quickly back to my room to look for the shoes. My closet was pretty big, as I loved shopping, so finding the boots took me a while. But finally I grabbed the shoes, and sped to the living room.

Jihyun and Junmyeon were still sitting side to side, with the former having a notebook opened on her lap and the latter leaning to the side to read what was written inside of it. I cleared my throat to make my presence known, and Junmyeon lifted his head to glance at me. Jihyun taking notice of the man's action straightened, and looked at me. When she saw the boots in my grasp, she grinned and bolted from her seat.

Thank you! Jihyun signed quickly, grabbed the shoes, and after waving at us she dashed through the front door.

I sighed with a little smile. It was nice to see my little sister.

There was a quiet sound behind me, so I turned around. Junmyeon was awkwardly standing in front of the couch, avoiding my gaze. "I'll be going now as well, I suppose."

My eyes widened. "Wait!" I instantly exclaimed.

If Junmyeon were to go out of my home then, I felt like he would go out of my life for good as well.

The man looked at me with seriousness, making me self-conscious. "Uh, at least stay for breakfast."

Junmyeon looked down, and gathered his jacket. "Sorry, but I think I should be home as soon as possible." He quickly slipped his shoes on. "My mom is probably worried about me."

I pursed my lips and looked to the side with disappointment. "If... If that's what you want."

"Yeah." I saw from the corner of my eye Junmyeon running a hand through his hair.

"Maybe you want at least to give you a lift?" I asked after crossing my arms.

"No, thanks. I can manage." Junmyeon's answer didn't surprise me.

"Okay." I looked at the man hesitantly. He was all ready to go.

"I'll be going then." Junmyeon send me a small forced smile. "Take care, Joohyun."

"Bye." I mumbled, and watched sadly how the man passed by me, and went outside. The moment Junmyeon closed the door after himself, my heart cracked a little.

 

 

 

 

Castle

There were many books on the table in front of me, while I was dying inside a little. I had to write a long essay, but as much as I was trying to focus, it simply wasn't working. Maybe it was the weather's fault; the sun was shining, a gentle wind was refreshing, and everything around screamed 'summer time!'.

"Joohyun?" Someone called from behind me. Before I could turn around though, the person was already sitting next to me. "Wow, you have pink hair now! I almost didn't recognise you!" Yoobin exclaimed and then giggled.

"Pink suits you better." Jongin, who sat opposite to me, gave his opinion.

I smiled at the two, and at Baekhyun who joined us a few seconds later. "I considered going blonde, but it would be too boring for me."

"Should I change my hair colour as well?" Yoobin asked while inspecting a strand of her hair.

I shrugged. "You look good in black though. Suits your pale complexion."

Yoobin opened a little and nodded. 

"What are you studying here?" Jongin asked, and grabbed one of my books. After one glance on its content he made a face though. "Ugh, I don't understand a thing here."

"Yeah, me too." I sighed.

"Really?" Jongin looked at me shocked.

"Of course not." I answered with a little smile. "But it gives me a headache."

"Upcoming exam?" Yoobin inquired.

"Essay." I scrunched my nose. "I think I'll finish it at home though."

"Yeah." Jongin rested his chin on his hand. "The weather's too nice to study."

Yoobin hummed and leaned back while closing her eyes. "It's such a pity there's no beach nearby."

"Oh God, yes." I exclaimed while closing my books and putting them in my bag. "It would be so nice to go swimming now."

Yoobin pouted, and looked at Baekhyun. "What to do?"

The boy who was observing his girlfriend, shrugged. "I can... prepare a bath for you?" 

Yoobin giggled. "That's also an option."

"Which in my opinion." Jongin snickered.

I shot the boy a mischievous smile. "You wish someone would prepare a bath for you."

"Ha!" Jongin exclaimed and pulled out a phone from his pocket. He quickly clicked something in there, and then looked at me smugly. "All done."

"You just texted your mom, didn't you?" I asked unimpressed. Baekhyun and Yoobin burst out laughing.

Jongin made a surprised face. "I didn't!"

"Of course you didn't." I clucked my tongue. Suddenly, my phone started ringing, so I took it out of my bag. The hour since I set the alarm passed too quickly. "Oops, I gotta go. I have a lecture."

Jongin lifted his hand. "See ya."

"Bye guys!" I said and went out from the bench. 

"See you." Baekhyun bid a farewell to me.

"Wait Joo!" Yoobin called after me. I turned my head to look expectantly at the girl. "We're still going shopping tomorrow, right?" She asked.

I showed the girl thumbs up, and she smiled.

"See you then!" She said with a smile, and I waved at her.

Before going to the lecture hall, I made a turn to visit a small store not that far from the university. What I didn't expect was to meet Minhee and her side-dude behind one of the buildings. The sight of her made me stop in my place abruptly.

It were days since I told Junmyeon that I like him, and he disappeared from my sight since then. He was avoiding me, and it pained me a lot. It's not like I proclaimed my utmost love for him, so I didn't understand why he and Minhee had to treat me like a contagious disease.

When I finally saw Minhee though, something in me clicked. I wasn't sure what though.

I was about to continue on my way to not seem like some creep, but what happened next made me stop breathing for a second. The guy had a strong grip on Minhee's arm, and was shaking her with a lot of strength. One push was so strong that it made the girl hit the wall behind her. Without even thinking, I stormed up to them. When I was close to them, Minhee swung her arm and slapped the guy.

" you Seyoon." She sneered, and tried to break free from the guy's hold on her. "Go to hell."

"We'll go together." Seyoon said with disdain.

"Let go of her." I ordered through clenched teeth, gaining attention of the two. "You're hurting her."

"She deserves every second of it for playing with me." Seyoon scoffed. He was taller than me and had more muscles, but I didn't back down. Instead, I grabbed his arm that was gripping Minhee, and shot the boy a murderous look. "Let.Go." I hissed.

The guy indeed let go of Minhee, but pushed me back instead. "You want a beating as well, you little ?" He taunted and I felt my blood boiling. Not thinking of any consequences, I punched the guy square in the face with my fist. Seyoon leaned back while his hands shot to his face while Minhee gasped. I, on the other hand, tried to get rid of the pain that shot through my arm when I hit the er.

"You're dead, ." Seyoon growled, and jumped on me. I didn't even have time to register what was happening; in a blink of an eye I was already cheek first up the wall, with Seyoon's hand on my nape.

I wasn't pissed any more. I was furious.

Not caring about possible outcome of my actions, I stepped on the guy's foot with my heel, elbowed Seyoon's side, and for the good measures headbutted him. Second later, I was free. 

Panting, I shot a look at the dude, only to see him getting pushed on the ground by Minhee. She then grabbed my hand, and pulled me with her. We were running good amount of way, and stopped only when we entered the girls' toilet in one of the university buildings.

First thing, I checked Minhee's body for any wounds. She seemed fine apart from a red area on her arm where Seyoon had his grip on her.

I opened my mouth to ask Minhee about the guy, but she was first to speak.

"You're bleeding." She mumbled with scrunched eyebrows. I was confused for a second, not knowing what the girl was talking about. When I glanced at a mirror in the toilet, I saw a few scratches on my cheekbone.

"It's nothing." I answered. Minhee you shook her head, and pulled me near the washbasin. I observed how the girl grabbed a tissue, and put it under the cold water for a few seconds. She then gently held my chin and moved it to the side, so she could clean the scratches.

Her actions made me completely speechless. 

When Minhee carefully touched my aching cheek with the cold tissue I whimpered inwardly, but made sure to keep a straight face. I couldn't stop myself; my eyes were stuck on the taller girl's focused face. Her gaze was gentle yet serious, and it made my heart skip a beat. But just a little.

"Thank you." I mumbled, feeling comfort from Minhee's warm fingers on my chin. "You didn't have to."

I closed my eyes then, feeling tears gathering under my eyelids. It was a long time since someone took care of me like that.

Even if it was Minhee who took care of me, the person who was my opponent in winning Junmyeon's love, I couldn't help feeling sincerely grateful.

"It's... okay." She whispered, and her moves ceased. "Thank you for helping me."

I nodded a little. Minhee's fingers lingered on my skin a little, but then slipped away. The warmth was gone.

"I'll be going first." She murmured, and I leaned on the washbasin with my hip, still with my eyes closed.

I nodded.

A few seconds later I've heard clicking of the shoes on the floor, and shutting of the door. I took a deep breath and cracked my eyes open. 

Minhee was gone.

 

 

After all my lectures finished, and I was finally able to rest on the couch in my flat, I felt relaxed. My cheek still hurt from being smashed on the wall, so I had to keep an ice cream on my face to keep the swelling and bruising down. 

I was startled, when my phone suddenly rang in the quiet flat. Lazily getting hold of it, I looked who was calling.

Frowning, I accepted the call, and held the phone near my ear. "Jaemin?"

"Hey, you brat." My brother greeted from the other side of the line, making me roll my eyes.

"What are you calling for?" I deadpanned. 

"To ask how you're doing." He answered as if it was obvious.

"Since when do you care about me?" I scoffed. "I'm fine, you?"

"I'm alright." Jaemin answered.

"Cool, bye." I was about to hang on the man, but was stopped by him. "What."

"Yah, I'm not finished." He scolded. "Ugh, mom... and I wanted to know... if..."

"Stop beating around the bush, man." I sighed. The ice cream was melting quickly, and a few drops made their way out from the plastic wrap and onto my cheek. 

"Are you still in that your phase?" Jaemin blurted out.

I closed my eyes with a groan. "Being biual is not a phase."

"Rethink it." Jaemin's voice was on the brink of whining. "Mom misses you a lot, dad as well. Just tell them that you were wrong and you'll be able to come back."

I sat up with a grunt and moved the annoying ice cream away from my face. "I won't be lying to them." Suddenly, a sound of my doorbell resonated through the whole flat. "Listen, I gotta go. I won't argue with mom and dad any more. They told me to leave the house and not come back, so I did. The end of the discussion. Bye." 

After throwing my phone to the side, I sped to the kitchen.

"Gimme a second!" I yelled when my doorbell was ringing incessantly. I flung the ice cream into the sink, grabbed a paper towel on my way to the door, and quickly wiped my cheek with it.

Not wanting the person outside to wait any longer, I was quick to open the door.

Junmyeon and Minhee were the last people I would expect to show up in front of my door. And yet, the two of them were looking at me at the moment.

"Hi?" I hesitantly welcomed. Maybe they mistook the flats?

"Hey." Junmyeon greeted with small nod. "We wanted to talk with you. Can we come in?"

I was dumbfounded for a few seconds. "S-sure." I moved aside and watched how the couple went inside my flat. Minhee was looking around curiously while taking off her shoes, and her eyes brightened at the sight of a tall cabinet filled with my collection of trinkets and glass figurines. Junmyeon on the other side kept his gaze on the floor.

"Do you want something to eat or drink?" I courteously asked.

Junmyeon looked at Minhee and the girl shook her head in answer.

"No, thank you." The man said.

"Okay, sit down here then." I showed the two to the couch, and we sat. It was extremely awkward to me to be sitting with my crush, to which I confessed my feelings a few days earlier, and his girlfriend. "So, what brings you guys here to me?" I asked nervously.

Junmyeon and Minhee looked at each other, then simultaneously gazed at me with serious gazes. Their eyes alone made my stomach squeeze uncomfortably.

 

 

Pied Piper

I was leaning on a gate, browsing through my music player. Just after I changed the song that was playing, I heard steps heading in my direction. I glanced up, and saw Jongin next to me, so I took out the earphones from my ears.

"Hey." I welcomed the boy.

"Hi, Joo." Jongin said with a smile. "Not going home?"

I shook my head. "Not yet." I looked up at the boy's dark brown eyes. "What about you?"

"Going on a date." Jongin said proudly. I scrutinized him from head to toe. He wasn't wearing any flashy clothes and his hair was down combed nicely. 

"A casual one I assume?" I inquired with small smile.

Jongin nodded. "She prefers simplicity."

I showed the boy thumbs up. "She's a keeper then."

"So you aren't one because you love being all flashy?" I heard not too far from me.

Jongin and I looked in the direction from where the voice was coming from, and we saw Junmyeon with Minhee hugging his arm tightly. When they neared us, I smiled.

"Every girl is a keeper if you know how to work them out." I shrugged. The couple was next to us second later. Then, Junmyeon glanced around quickly to see if someone was around, and after not catching a sight of anyone keeping attention on us, he kissed quickly my cheek.

My smile widened. "Hey guys."

Minhee grabbed my arm as well, so she was hugging both Junmyeon and I. "Hi." She welcomed and sniffed.

"Ugh, I still can't get used to you three being all lovey-dovey." Jongin said and chuckled softly.

"No can do." I answered. "Not that I don't like your company, but didn't you have a date to attend?" I tilted my head slightly.

Jongin looked at his watch, and his eyes widened. "I'm going to be late! Bye!" And then he took off immediately.

"Good luck!" I yelled after the boy just before he made a turn and disappeared behind a building. "Let's go?"

Junmyeon nodded, and started walking forward. After I saw that he and Minhee's fingers were laced together, I let go of the girl awkwardly. She didn't even notice, just looked at Junmyeon and asked him about something, so I just followed after them quietly.

A few days earlier, when Junmyeon and Minhee visited my flat, we talked quite a lot. Apparently, the two were in a somehow open relationship. Junmyeon wanted for Minhee to have freedom, but it backfired at him as he got extremely jealous which was exactly Minhee's plan. The girl needed a lot of attention and affection, so much that Junmyeon alone wasn't able to provide her with. To put it more simply: she was a brat.

So Junmyeon and Minhee concluded that if neither Minhee nor I wanted to give up on Junmyeon, the three of us could try being in one relationship. That's what we agreed on after hours of talking and deciding.

We were just days in the relationship, but it was satisfying for me so far.

Because we were heading to my flat by a bus full of people, and through the crowded streets, I had to follow Junmyeon and Minhee like a puppy. Sure, the former was glancing at me from time to time, but I felt quite left out. When we entered the empty elevator in my complex though, I moved to Junmyeon's side until our arms touched. The man sent me a small lovely smile, and just like that my mood lifted.

In no time we were in my flat, resting on the couch and watching a film together. Junmyeon was obviously in the middle with Minhee and I on both his sides. Minutes in the film though, Minhee was almost sitting on the man's lap with her legs resting on my thighs.

Previously, I didn't expect from Junmyeon to like me more than an average friend. My surprise when he told me that he liked me a lot was indescribable. Not only I was taken aback, I was also extremely elated. My feelings weren't unrequited after all. 

Butterflies showed in my tummy when Junmyeon took my hand in his and kissed its back softly. I put my head on his shoulder with a smile, feeling content.

I didn't even notice when my eyes closed and I fell asleep.

The next time I opened my eyes, I was confused and feeling cold. My eyebrows scrunched up when I looked around the dark room and realised I was in my bed with Junmyeon sleeping on the other side with his back turned at me. I sat up slowly with my eyes slowly closing again. There was a slight sound coming from the door, so I tiredly looked up.

Minhee just closed the door and turned around, but froze when she noticed me being awake. "Did I wake you up?" She whispered, and quietly walked up to the bed.

I shook my head while pouting unconsciously. "Cold." I whined softly with my eyes already closed and head falling to the side.

"Move to the middle." Minhee murmured close to my ear and I felt her breath on my skin.

I slid my bottom to make room for the other girl, and l laid with my back flush with Junmyeon's back. Minhee quickly slipped next to me, and the moment she put the comforter over us, I grabbed the girl by her waist and snuggled to her. She squealed with surprise, but didn't push me away. It was actually the opposite — Minhee sneaked her arms around my shoulders and hugged me to her bosom tightly. 

I was half-asleep, when I felt Junmyeon turning around and spooning me. He yawned softly and then buried his nose in my hair. 

The last thing I could remember before falling asleep was a soft kiss on my temple.

Never have I ever felt so loved in my life.

 

 

Fin.

 

 


A/N: Finally finished with this story! Yay! 

If there are any mistakes, feel free to point them out in the comment! Subscriptions, upvotes, and comments are highly appreciated <333