002 Baby Don't Like It.

One Push (A Tug of Attraction)

Baby Don't Like It

Uni . Even more if you sit just in front of your crush and his girlfriend, while they're in their 'lovey dovey' mode. Ugh, it's as if someone's punishing me. I bet it's that old lady from the park that one time. Feeling a little dejected, I turned to my left, where Jongin was animatedly talking about something I stopped listening for a while, when the couple sat in front of us.

We were sitting in a cafe near our university and while I don't usually go to that place, I decided to finally sit with the group for the first time, week after I officially met them. I was shooting a quick look at Junmyeon now and then but didn't try to steal away his attention to me. I just simply wanted to observe how he grinned, making his eyes almost close or simply looked with adoration at his girlfriend. At the times like that, I wondered if liking Junmyeon and trying to get him like me back is a bad idea. They were obviously in love, even if Minhee cheated on my crush so I thought she had to lose her mind for a second or something. Dejected, I sighed and looked at Jongin.

"... and so, everyone thought it was an UFO when actually it was a photo of Mercury from day ago. Or two. Or maybe it were hours? I don't remember, but how cool it would be if this white thing was an aliens' ship?" Jongin showed me a photo of the planet and pointed at the white part. I grimaced.

"Don't talk about aliens or zombies around me, please." I shuddered.

Jongin frowned and corners of his puffy lips turned down. "Why?"

I bit my lip and beckoned the boy closer. When he leaned down, I whispered to his ear: "Keep it a secret, okay?" Jongin nodded. "I'm terrified of aliens, zombies and buff people."

"What!? Really?" The boy leaned back, looking at me with widened eyes. I pouted and nodded. Jongin squinted and leaned over to whisper again. "But why buff people?"

I smiled, and the boy reflected my expression. "Maybe someday I'll tell you."

"Aw, but don't worry, oppa will protect you from any danger." Jongin winked at me, making me chuckle.

"Oppa my , I bet you're younger than me. I'm 22, what about you?"

Jongin crinkled his nose. "Even if you're older, it doesn't mean I still can't protect a lady."

I rolled my eyes, but smiled nonetheless.

"Isn't it a cute sight?" Minhee said, making me look at her. She had a sweet smile on her face, looking cute. But I knew there was a demon hidden underneath. "You two look so good together!" She swept her bangs and squinted her eyes at me while smirking.

I lifted my eyebrows. If she tried to insult me, it didn't work out (okay, everything what escaped that pink lips of hers was an insult). "Thanks, I guess?" Minhee's smile faltered and she glared at me. I bet she realized what she said wasn't malicious at all. "Jealous much?" I smirked and leaned forward. "Don't worry, we can spend some time together later." Then I winked and sat straight again. She kicked me under the table at the same time Junmyeon laughed.

"Conceited much?" The man playfully teased me and I stuck out my tongue, letting everyone see for a second my blue piercing there.

Minhee kicked me again and I sent her a glare. Then, I saw a familiar person walking behind her so I called the boy's name, wanting to ask him about our Economy paper.

"Sehun, wait!" 

The tall, clumsy boy flinched and somehow, his uncapped bottle of water fell on Minhee. My eyes widened, and instinctively I grabbed a napkin expecting the girl to get soaked with the water but thankfully Sehun managed to catch the bottle when it hit the girl's shoulder. The water flew for about half a second and didn't wet the girl that much, but she still screamed at the top of her lungs and stood up violently.

"I'm so sorry, it was an accident." Sehun bowed a few times while apologizing profusely, but Minhee ignored him and furiously grabbed a hold of bunch of napkins from the table, almost knocking over Jongin's bubble tea. I gave Junmyeon my tissue, and he nodded at me with thanks, then proceed to help the girl. The stain was probably the size of my fist, but she acted almost hysterically.

"Calm down, it's just water." Baekhyun said for the first time after we arrived to the cafe. Minhee stopped and glared at him, then at me. She pointed a finger at me and frowned.

"It's your fault!" And then she stormed off. Junmyeon grimaced but grabbed their bags and after bidding us goodbye, ran after his girlfriend. We stayed in an awkward silence until I mumbled quietly: "How the hell it was my fault..." I lifted my gaze at Sehun and saw his troubled expression. "So, uh, I just wanted to ask you till when we should submit our Economy paper."

"23rd." 

I nodded and thanked him.

"If it's all, I will..." Sehun pointed to his left and I sent him a small smile.

"Yeah, sure, see you."

He waved at me and quickly went away. I looked at the two boys next to me and asked no one in particular. "Is Minhee always such a drama queen?" 

Jongin shrugged while Baekhyun shook his head.

"Not really. Maybe she's in a bad mood or something." Baekhyun said and got busy with his phone afterwards.

"Yeah, Minhee is really nice." Jongin smiled a little and I looked up at him with obvious disbelief. If he only knew about her cheating escapades. Sensing my gaze on him, Jongin looked a little down and grinned, making him look instantly cute. I cooed inwardly and stared at him shamelessly. 

"I know I'm handsome and I'm warning you, I'm not the one responsible if you fall for me." He winked, while Baekhyun scoffed on my other side. I pursed my lips to not laugh out loud, but I didn't doubt there were a lot of other girls in the campus that swooned over this guy. "You can take a photo if you want." 

"Really!?" I asked overly excited and took out my phone after his assurance. "Oh my goodness." I squealed and choked on my laughter after taking a few shots of the boy. "At least change a pose or something, will you?"

He smiled, then made a silly face, turned his head to show his jawline, and lastly looked straight at the camera with hooded eyes and bit his bottom lip while I captured all of this with my phone while laughing and praising him.

"Ew." Baekhyun looked at Jongin with disgusted face. "You look like a dead animal."

Jongin looked so offended I burst out laughing.

"You look like a dead animal on a daily basis!" Jongin pointed at the other man and I waited forward for Baekhyun's reply. 

"Please, stop lying to yourself." He rolled his eyes. "I'm much better looking than you." Baekhyun leaned forward, making his black fringe fall onto his eyes a little. Just then I realized he was wearing blue-greyish contacts and I had to admit, the both boys were equally handsome.

"Ha!" Jongin smacked his hand on the table and hissed second after from pain. "Joohyun noona, I'm more handsome, right?" Jongin looked at me seriously.

I felt poke on my side and I turned to see Baekhyun looking at me with squinted eyes. "You can't possibly choose him over me. C'mon, we won't be friends if you'll hurt my pride." 

Both of them looked at me expectantly while I scrutinized their faces intently. I couldn't possibly choose one over other and we were friends???

"For me..." I slowly said, flicking my eyes between the two men. "I don't know. It's like to choose between day and night, summer and winter, red and blue."

The two deflated but then Jongin leaned his elbow on the table, chin perched on his palm and smirked at me. And Baekhyun slapped him on the head.

"What's wrong with you!?" Jongin yelled and massaged the place where he got hit.

"Don't go around and, how you call it, 'seduce' people. You look disgusting when you do this thing with your eyes." Baekhyun squinted, trying to show what he meant and I snorted.

I never knew these guys were so much fun.

"Anyway, we need to go for a lecture, so move your and let's go."

Jongin rolled his eyes and bend down for his bag while mumbling something similar to 'I know you're fantasizing about that '. I made my best to hold in laugh and looked at impatient Baekhyun. He was grimacing so I sent him a smile and stood at the same as Jongin. 

"You too have a lecture?" Jongin asked when we moved to the university building. I shook my head and pointed at the parking lot.

"I'm going to my car." We stood by the gate to a parking lot. "So, I think I'm going to go first. Bye guys." I waved at them and headed to find my car, when Jongin called my name. I looked back with lifted eyebrows.

"Wanna go clubbing tomorrow?"

I frowned and thought about my Saturday's schedule. I had to work till 8PM so I'd probably be dead tired.

"What time?" I asked nonetheless.

"Junmyeon said he wants to go around 8 or 9PM." I considered the proposition. It was great occasion to spent more time with the boys and have some fun, but still I wasn't sure.

I walked back to my new friends and handed Jongin my phone.

"Give me your number and I'll text you."

 

 

 

 

 

Senpai

I entered a loud with music club and looked around. It was quite dim there, but colorful lights shone violently around. A lot of people were dancing on the floor everywhere where I looked but I paid no heed to them and headed to the right where I knew were tables and sofas. Almost every table was engaged, so looking for any familiar face was quite difficult. At least it was much brighter there. After some time I finally saw Baekhyun and so I went quickly in his direction. Next to the man was sitting Junmyeon, and on his other side, already on the second sofa was sitting another girl I saw on few of my lectures. She had long black hair, curled nicely and glasses perched on her nose. The girl was probably Baekhyun's girlfriend because the man had his arm draped on her waist, and they were sitting really close. The girl - if I remember well her name was Yoobin - was talking with Minhee while their boyfriends were engaged with their own conversation.

"Hi guys." I greeted everyone and looked around for Jongin but he was nowhere in sight. Probably he was dancing or something. All the people by the two tables were looking at me, so I quickly sat next to Minhee even if I really wanted to go to Junmyeon. I looked at the girl I haven't officially met yet and introduced myself. "I'm Joohyun." 

The girl smiled warmly and stretched her arm out. "My name's Yoobin."

I moved closer to the girls and shook Yoobin's hand. Just then I realized I was the only one in a dress - Minhee was wearing white shorts while the other girl had jeans on her. The two men were wearing button up shirts and I quickly averted my gaze from them - even if my dress was dark red, if I had a nosebleed it still would leave stains.

"You look nice." Yoobin complimented me and I thanked her while Minhee rolled her eyes. "Where did you buy your heels?" The song changed to much louder one so I leaned forward ignoring the girl on my left and smiled.

"You would be surprised how comfortable they are. I bought them at our mall, uh, which shop it was..." I pondered when I felt poke on my arm. Surprised, I looked to my left only to see Minhee's annoyed gaze at my face that quickly flew down to my chest then back to my eyes.

"Don't flash your s at my face."

I looked down and saw a little of my bra was showing, so I rolled my eyes and pulled the material of the dress up. "Thanks for concern."

"Anytime." Minhee sneered and averted her gaze at Yoobin who looked amused.

"Anyway, we can go shopping the other day and I'll show you the shop. I don't remember its name now, sorry." I smiled at the girl.

"The three of us should totally go together!" Yoobin grinned but turned around when Baekhyun called her. The two exchanged a few words and stood up. Yoobin looked at me, said something I didn't hear and pointed at the bar. When I was looking at her confused, Minhee leaned closer to me and explained.

"She asked if you want a drink." 

I looked at Yoobin and shook my head, while Minhee nodded her head. When they went away, the girl next to me moved next to Junmyeon and I frowned inwardly. I either wanted to spend with him some time. Thankfully, panting Jongin finally came and sat heavily next to me where Minhee was sitting previously, so I wasn't a third wheel too long. 

"Hi." I said loudly and chuckled looking at his exhausted figure. The boy beamed and greeted me too. "Were you dancing?" I asked when I saw sweat trickling down his face.

"Obviously, why would I be so tired otherwise?" He leaned back on the sofa and I took out a tissue from my denim jacket's pocket. I gave it to Jongin, who thanked me and wiped his face. I started feeling hot so I took the jacket off, staying only in my strapless dress.

Then, I shrugged. "Had in the toilet?"

The boy snorted. "I think on a bed is much more convenient." Jongin took my hand and stood up, pulling me with him. "Let's go dance!"

I couldn't even protest when the boy dragged me on the dance floor, almost knocking one of the tables. Jongin's hands instantly landed on my waist so a little reluctantly, I started dancing with him. There wasn't any dirty dancing between us, like other people were shamelessly doing - it would feel somehow wrong. After a few songs I decided to go back because I needed some rest, while Jongin went to find someone to dance with. When I returned, it was only Baekhyun and Yoobin on the sofas, so I sneaked between the tables and sat in the middle with the girl next to me, hoping Junmyeon will be sitting on my other side. I didn't want to disturb the couple so I sat there silently while fanning myself and looking around. At the same time Junmyeon and Minhee sat next to me, I saw painfully familiar face on the dance floor. 

"Oh ." I said and it drew Junmyeon's attention, who was sitting next to me. In this situation I couldn't even enjoy his company.

"Something's wrong?" He asked and I looked at him a little panicked, while nodding. Minhee had arrogant expression on her face but still was looking at me.

"I just saw my ex..." I threw a quick glance at the dance floor and bit my bottom lip while frowning. "Which is walking here." 

"Hello!" I've heard a feminine voice and so I reluctantly turned my head in the direction. There she stood, with long blonde hair, red lipstick, black stilettos and the same color dress. "Long time no see, babydoll."

I grimaced and rolled my eyes.

"Can I take a sit?" She smiled and looked at everyone, her eyes staying a little longer on my face.

"No." I was quick with answer, but she ignored me and sat nonetheless. 

On my lap.

"Thank you! My name's Soomin, but you can call me Min. Nice to meet you, guys!"

Everyone was introducing themselves, when I sat there frozen with pursed lips and thinking what was wrong with that girl. I broke up with her five months ago, she on the other hand cut all the contact with me and now we will act like nothing happened?

Min then leaned back, resting her left side on my right shoulder and I stiffened. She still wore the same perfume I picked for her. I wanted to push her from me, say something but when she turned her head and looked at me I felt my throat tightening. She was as beautiful as I met her. Her glistening eyes were directed straight at mine while her full lips were stretched in a gentle smile. I couldn't look away from her and I didn't even notice when the music changed to more sensual. If I'd move my face a little to the right, we would bump noses. I swallowed with difficulty and looked down when I felt her fingers caressing my bare thigh skin.

"Clubbing without me?" Min said, making me remember where I was and with whom. I slapped Min's hand from my leg and glared at the girl.

"Leave." 

The girl made a face and tried to touch my face but I grabbed her hand and put it on her lap.

"Don't touch me and leave till I'm calm." I took a few deep breaths to keep my cool but the girl was testing me too much. 

Min made a fake sad face, making me sick. 

"That's not how you should treat your old friend..." The girl tilted her head and then smirked. "Or ex-lover."

I was so close to just pushing her off my lap, but I was worried I would hurt her. Even if she was someone I didn't like anymore, she didn't deserve to get an injury.

Min then looked next to me and her eyes brightened at the Yoobin's sight. "What a sweet pea you are, darling." The girl stretched her hand but before she could touch Yoobin I grabbed her hand and glared.

"Don't you ing touch her either. Geez, I'm already done with your !" I stood up violently and dragged Soomin to the corner. When we stood in front of each other, I let go of her elbow and glared. "What the hell is wrong with you!?"

The girl leaned on the wall and rolled her eyes, while folding her arm on the chest. "What, I can't talk to you anymore?" 

"No. We have nothing to do with each other anymore." I pointed at her with my forefinger. "Go back to your little puppets and let me live in peace."

The girl tilted her head and smirked. "Or what?" She then looked at my group of friends and scoffed. "I see you finally socialize with others. I'm so proud of you." Min mocked me and I was just so distressed and annoyed with her.

"But I find that girl in glasses really cute. Yoobin, right? There's so many things I'd-"

"Don't you even try to think about her, or any of my friends, in your filthy way." I seethed through clenched teeth and felt a hand on my shoulder, so I quickly looked behind me. There stood Junmyeon with frown gracing his face and I instantly relaxed in his presence. He leaned forward and said loudly to my ear:

"Are you okay?"

I smiled and nodded. Then, I looked at Min and glared at her the last time. "I'm seriously warning you."

The girl scowled and stomped away while I cheered internally.

"Let's go." I exclaimed and dragged Junmyeon by his sleeve in our tables' direction.

"Nice show she put up earlier." The man grabbed me by a shoulder and steered away from bumping into a hotly making out pair.

I grimaced at his words. "Don't remind me her, please." I huffed and sat next to Minhee who moved next to my previous place while Junmyeon sat on my right. I leaned forward and gained everyone's attention by our tables.

"Sorry guys for earlier, that crazy wench is really unpredictable."

"Was she really your ex?" Yoobin asked, while looking at me with widened eyes. I nodded uncertainly. I was a little insecure in case the guys would think of me badly.

"Woah, she's so pretty!" Yoobin looked around, probably to see Soomin in the crowd and I made a face.

"It doesn't matter if she's pretty when she's rotten inside." I stuck out my tongue with disgust, making Junmyeon chuckle next to me. The sound itself made my mood rise instantly.

"You're much prettier." I've heard Baekhyun's voice and the man gently caressed his girlfriend's cheek. The girl blushed and the man looked at her with so much adoration I simply couldn't move my eyes from them. "You're the most beautiful girl in my eyes."

I and Minhee cooed at the same time, making Junmyeon laugh and Yoobin look down bashfully. 

I haven't even realized when I got comfortable with Minhee and didn't think badly about her. She was actually pretty decent when she wasn't in her drama queen mode.

"I'm going to a bar, someone wants a drink?" Junmyeon asked and stood up. Baekhyun and Minhee shook their heads, while Yoobin showed her half full beer. Junmyeon then looked at me questioningly and I stood next to him.

"I'll go with you." I smiled and we headed to the bar.

"Honestly, you don't look like you're having fun." Junmyeon said while we got to our destination. It was quite crowded so we waited on the side for a bartender.

"Well, I talked with girls and danced a little with Jongin, so it's not that bad." I flashed the man a smile and examined him under the dim lights. He wore plaid jeans and black button-up shirt, with bangs combed up and he looked simply dashing.

"You should dance with me too." The man smiled a little and looked straight into my eyes. I felt incredibly hot and giddy just from his gaze, so I was a little thankful when a bartender came to us and cut our staring. Bigger part of me was annoyed with the guy, couldn't he come a little later?

"What can I get you?" A tall and bulky bartender asked. I moved closer to Junmyeon, instinctively.

"Martini, please." 

I snorted and half a second later, covered my mouth while glancing at my crush. Junmyeon tilted his head, while looking at me intently.

"What?"

I beckoned him closer and answered him loudly enough only for him to hear.

"You forgot to add 'shaken, not stirred'." Junmyeon cracked a smile and crinkled his nose at me.

"You like James Bond movies?" My crush asked and the conversation between us flowed. I learned a lot about the man and was infinitely grateful to Jongin he invited me to go clubbing with them.

After a few drinks, Junmyeon was already a little tipsy so we went dancing. We were so close to each other I felt his every breath on my face. I couldn't look at his face though, because I was afraid he would see how much he affected me - how my heart was pounding, not only from the loud music, how weak he made my body but energized my spirit. 

Suddenly, I felt his hold on my waist tightening so I looked up at him surprised. His eyes were steely, pointed somewhere behind me, so curiously, I moved my gaze there.

And my heart stopped for a second. Minhee was dancing with a man and they were kissing. Quite hotly if I could add.

With widened eyes, I looked back at Junmyeon to see him with pursed lips and cloudy expression. I felt bad for him, but felt relieved he knew the true now.

The man was obviously not okay, but I didn't know how could I help him. But then, an idea struck me. I tightened hold on Junmyeon's nape and pulled him down so I could speak to him.

"Do you wanna get wasted!?"

The man leaned back and frowned at me, but nodded nonetheless. I grabbed his hand and dragged the man to the bar. It wasn't as crowded as before, so a bartender instantly showed up in front of us.

"Three shots of Wasted , please." I smiled and took out a few bills from my bra. Junmyeon seeing this, looked at me shocked.

"What, it's safest there." I smiled innocently and paid the bartender when he gave us the shots.

I pointed with my chin at the drinks. "Bottoms up."

"All three?" Junmyeon looked at me uncertainly. 

"All three."

The man let go of my hand and drank all the shots in seconds. Considering that he already was a little tipsy, I ordered for him quite mild drinks. Waiting for them to work properly, I went to grab my things, after asking Junmyeon if he left something his by the tables. He didn't, so I only took my jacket and informed Jongin that I'll drive Junmyeon home.

"Why?" Even if the man was totally wasted, he still looked concerned over his friend.

"Let's say, a little couple quarrel." It wasn't a little but who cares. "Will you need a lift later?"

"No thanks, Baekhyun will drive me. Take care of hyung, okay?"

I smiled. "Okay. See you!"

Jongin waved and slouched back in the sofa.

I quickly returned to Junmyeon and found him deep in thoughts, looking at the floor.

"You alright?" I asked and put a hand on his shoulder. The man slowly looked at me with glazed eyes and nodded slowly. "I'll drive you home, okay?"

Junmyeon didn't react this time, so I guessed the shots finally got into his head. We exited the club and slowly went in the direction of my car. I had to help him with hand around his back, because the man was swaying dangerously.

"I don't wanna go home." Junmyeon exclaimed and I looked at him worriedly.

"Where do you want to go then?"

The man shrugged. "Anywhere, but there."

I opened the door of a front seat and helped Junmyeon get inside, then buckled his seatbelt. I quickly jogged to the other side and quickly prepared myself to drive.

"Lets go to my house then." I turned the key in ignition and the car started working with quiet buzz. Junmyeon lazily moved his head in my direction.

"Why?"

I smiled.

"What do you think? To know each other better."


A/N: 4k words, yay. If someone's wonderiing, I based girls' looks on girlgroup Bulldok members.

I got a change of plans for this story recently but I'm not sure how will it be received T-T

Please check out my newest one shot: Faulty promise