001 Treat you better.

One Push (A Tug of Attraction)

Treat You Better

I was resting in the nearest park before my lecture. It was warm, sunny day so not minding disapproving eyes of passersby, I was lying on my back on a bench with arm shielding me from sunlight. Chirping birds, gentle wind and calmness were surrounding me. Ah, how I love it.

"Kids these days!" I've heard screechy voice behind me. Slowly, I removed my arm from above eyes and looked where someone was clearly complaining. Not far from me stood two old women. They had perms, wrinkles and wore old-fashioned clothes. Typical gossip grandma who doesn't mind her own business. Seriously, I've never once met someone who looks like that and is respectful.
One of them briefly looked at me and continued talking to her friend. "So rude and disrespectful! I can't believe how someone can act like that." The woman shook her head. "Park is not house where you can lay, benches are for older to sit!" I looked around and saw there are a lot of free places to rest. Slowly, the two women were walking in my direction, now and then throwing glares at me. "I hope there would be more nice kids like my grandchildren. They always think about me first and let me rest!" I rolled my eyes and stood from my place. Annoying witches. The woman who was complaining threw me a triumphant smirk. Deciding to go early to the campus I went ahead, scowled in the women direction and when I was next to them I murmured old enough for them to hear, "ing old hags." This time I was the one who smirked, after hearing shouts and more complaints behind me. Even being far away, on the more deserted part of the park, I still could hear indignant voices of the two women. She wants me to be disrespectful? I gladly will be.

With already bad mood I was slowly strolling along the pavement with my head down. As if God was punishing me more, I've heard a familiar giggle so I looked up, searching for the person to whom the girly laugh belongs. I was sure she was somewhere near, but I couldn't see her anywhere. Minhee squeaked this time and I went to where I've heard her from. There was possibility she's with Junmyeon, because she's like a freaking leech and every time I see them, the girl hangs from Suho's arm like a monkey. To be honest I was really curious why would they hide in bushes. Are they having public !? I hope not. Nah, obviously not, Junmyeon wouldn't do something edgy like that. Or he would? No way, I believe in my little prude.

I was slowly creeping forward, but after hearing muffled moan I hesitated. I think I'm going to regret whatever I'll see there. Please God, don't let that dirty girl corrupt my lovely crush. Carefully, I leaned ahead and when I caught a glimpse of what was happening, I quickly stepped back, covering my mouth with hands. , , , ! How could she!? That . With much effort I restrained myself to not go there, tear her off the stranger guy and broke her nose. It's not real, I'm seeing things. Lee Minhee is not kissing another man and she's definitely not cheating on Junmyeon. No. I clenched my hands into fists and took slow, deep breaths to calm myself. I knew she doesn't deserve him, but this!? It's so low. I turned around and took off to the campus, repeating to myself it didn't happen and I'm seeing things. Long ago I promised to myself that if she ever hurt Junmyeon, I wouldn't sit calmly and do nothing. That's not how you solve problems. I would go and show Junmyeon how he should be treated.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How freaking cute they look together. Do you feel my sarcasm? Kim Junmyeon and Lee Minhee are going hand in hand just ahead of me, like a perfect, hassle-free couple. I feel sick just looking at the . There's no way I could mistake her with someone else. I still clearly remember her familiar face so close to the one of stranger guy's and it's the same, as she looks up at the man beside her with pout now. Ugh, I wish I could erase that filthy moment from my memory.
I looked at Junmyeon then and my scowl turned a little softer. I wish I could just go there and snatch him away, but that's not how things work in real life. Such a pity. I contemplated ways of how should I approach Junmyeon. There's no way I would ask him out and confess - I'm one hundred percent sure the man would kindly tell me we can't work out because he already has a girlfriend. I'm probably just another, no different from other girls person in university for him. Besides, I would love to know him better first, so I'll make sure to befriend him. To be honest, I don't expect he will ever see me as a lover, but I'd appreciate being just his friend. For now at least.
I saw Minhee got distracted with something as she turned her head away from Junmyeon, so I quickly sped up and went between them, untangling their hands in the process and pushing the girl a little with my shoulder. We all stopped dead in our tracks.

"Oops!" I announced, fakely concerned and moved to the side a mint candy in my mouth. Minhee threw glare in my direction and Junmyeon looked at me surprised. "Sorry! It's so crowded here!" I said mockingly and waved in the air with hand to show my point. The girl looked at me with disbelief, certainly because there were two, small groups of boys ahead of us and in the hall there was enough space for like... twenty people to walk side by side without bumping to each other.

"Ugh, rude?" Minhee said and glared at me.

"Ugh, do I look like a give a ?" I retorted, rolled my eyes and slowly went forward, leaving the two behind. I may looked calm outside but inside I was all giddy and my heart was beating a little faster than usually. I was a little embarrassed, because cursing in front of one's crush was never a good thing, yet I couldn't go back in time so I just reprimanded myself in my mind. Feeling all hot, I took off my denim jacket and threw it over one shoulder.

. I hope I'm not blushing.

I fanned myself a little and entered the room where my first lecture will hold a place. There was already a lot of people waiting for lesson and chatting between themselves, some of them only briefly shooting me single glances. Our old professor was already sitting in his place and looking through some papers.

"Morning." I grinned at the man because I was in a good mood. Pissing Minhee and making Junmyeon pay me attention was a little achievement! (A little pathetic, I know).

"First of all, it's noon." The man looked at me with scowl. "And I told the class that bringing food to the lecture is forbidden. Throw that thing from your mouth to the trash bin."

I quickly bit and crushed the candy in my mouth.

"I already ate it."

The man only sighed and shook his head.

"What?" I asked innocently but the man returned to his paper.

"Go. Just go."

I shrugged and skipped quickly to my seat. When I settled down on my chair, Junmyeon entered the room and bowed to our professor. I followed with my eyes his every move, until he sat in the place just in front of me. Yep, I sit already almost five months behind my crush.

"Okay class, it's sharp 2 p.m. so we will start now." Our professor got up from his place, closed the door and stood in front of the table.

"So. As all of you should know, I told last time that we will work in groups today. Get in two or three people and we will start." Girl on my right turned in my direction and opened , but I quickly scrambled from my seat and jumped above the long table to the row lower. No one will prevent me from doing this project with my crush this time (my three other attempts were sadly unsuccessful). The seat next to Junmyeon was not occupied so I sat there nonchalantly and glared at the boy who stood near us and clearly wanted to be in our group. 'Go away' I mouthed to him and when my crush turned to me surprised, I smiled.

"Hello Junmyeon. Wanna be my partner?" I quickly grabbed my pencil from behind and looked at the man.

"Umm, sure." He smiled at me, making my insides all warm and fuzzy.

I grinned at him and bashfully lowered head. Being so close to Junmyeon for that long was making me nervous.

"When you're ready, choose one topic you want to work on and..." I stopped listening to the professor and instead decided to watch Junmyeon from corner of my eye. He had black hair parted to the right, straight eyebrows, twinkling eyes looking at the teacher, perfectly high nose and full lips quirked a little downward. Kim Junmyeon was breathtaking. Besides, he always helped people lending his notes, was kind, polite, smart and responsible. I was wondering how Minhee would be so stupid to cheat on him.
Junmyeon leaned ahead to take a sheet of paper from some guy in front of us, making his soft cologne waft to my nose. He even smelled amazing.
I averted my gaze to the table when man beside looked at me.

"Let's start, shall we?"

We worked together pretty well. Not that I expected otherwise. English was my favourite language so I didn't have any huge troubles with working on our text. When I stuck in one or two things, Junmyeon would be there to help me. 

"So." I cleared my throat and looked at the man beside me, deciding to take a little break. "We're in the same class for months now, it's good to know each other better, right?" I smiled.

Junmyeon hummed, not leaving his gaze from the sheet of paper in front of him.

"You think so?"

"Yeah. Tell me something interesting. Or funny... Or both." I chuckled a little and propped my chin on hand which was leaned on a table.

"I don't really know what I should say." Junmyeon frowned, but then smiled. "Oh, yesterday when I was working in cinema, there was this guy who bought for himself a popcorn and soda. The movie he went for already started so the boy was in rush and he hasn't seen this... you know that cardboard cutout of celebrities, right?" I nodded. "So, the guy tripped over his own foot, lost his balance and accidentally threw everything on that cardboard. It wouldn't be so hilarious if he just called someone from stuff to clean the mess but no. He was profusely apologizing the cardboard cutout and promising to buy the guy a new suit." Junmyeon snickered and looked at me. "His face when he understood the situation? Priceless."

I imagined the situation in my head and I had to admit, it looked a little hilarious, so I smiled slightly.

"But he was alright afterwards, right?" I asked worried. "He didn't try to dig a hole in the hall and hide in it from embarrassment?"

"No." Junmyeon shook his head and propped his elbow on the table, then rested his cheek on his palm. "He just blushed crimson red and asked me for help to clean the mess."

I nodded slowly, trying to remember a new informations.

"Oh! So you work in the cinema? Is it interesting?" 

"Yeah, it's okay to work in there I think. Nothing much happens. And do you have a job?" Junmyeon looked genuinely curious, making my stomach all warm. He actually wants to know more about me. ME.

"Yes, but it's probably not what you would expect." I leaned back in my chair and stuck my gaze in the paper in front of me.

"And what do I expect?" From the corner of my eye, I saw that Junmyeon lifted his eyebrows and adorably tilted his head.

"I don't know, but when my classmate met me behind a cashier in a pet shop and not as a waitress in skimpy clothes in some bar, she was more than shocked."

"Waitress in skimpy clothes?" Junmyeon blinked, but smiled clearly amused. I shrugged.

"Her words, not mine."

"Okay, I got it. But I do understand why she would assume you can work in such a place though. Good girls don't usually have blue hair and piercings, wear only black clothes and looks like they don't give a most of the time."

"Excuse me." I lifted my index finger up. "It's only an ombre. I have only two piercings in ym face - my nose and tongue. And I do wear other colors sometimes. Besides, I'm really polite and kind. I help other people and I'm basically an angel."

Junmyeon nodded. "Yeah, sure. Whatever floats your boat." And then he resumed to work on his paper.

"I'm really serious." I squinted at him, but lifted my pencil and also returned to our project.

Junmyeon only hummed with teasing smile on his lips.

"Come on! You don't believe me?" My crush grinned not leaving his gaze from a sheet of paper, but stayed silent nonetheless. "You're mean." I wrinkled my nose and jutted bottom lip out a little. Call me childish but I was a tiny bit offended.

Junmyeon laughed, making my heart swell and corners of my lips to curve up in a small smile unconsciously. It was the most beautiful sound I ever heard, just beside the voice of my crush. And I swear, I was almost sure that the same voice mumbled quietly a word 'cute'. Almost, because in the same moment teacher's loud voice boomed through the whole room drowning other sounds and there's simply no way the man beside me would call me that.

Kim Junmyeon is surely messing with my head.

The lecture soon ended, mostly to my chagrin. We went outside together though, and it looked like we are acquaintances now. My happiness was growing even more, because the moment when we stepped out of the lecture, I looked from Junmyeon's face and was met with Minhee's displeased face.

I just love pissing her off.

She wasn't alone though and I deflated slightly. There were two guys I often saw with Junmyeon. The males looked quite surprised to see me with their friend and I cringed inside a little. When I'm with strangers, I turn awkward.

"Hi." One of them said with wide smile and I bowed to the group.

"Hello." I said and fidgeted in my place. I looked helplessly at Junmyeon and he understood perfectly what I meant - SOS.

"Meet Joohyun everyone! This is Jongin." My crush pointed at the grinning male. "And this is Baekhyun." It was the other man who stood quietly on the side and looked bored or pissed. I couldn't tell precisely.

Minhee cleared and looked at Junmyeon expectantly. "And this is my girlfriend, Minhee." I nodded curtly and sadly looked after my crush that went to his girl. It left bad aftertaste in my mouth when I saw their kiss. I was quickly distracted by Jongin though.

"It's nice to meet you, Joohyun!" The guy loomed over me and I took a step back from him, trying my hardest to not cringe outwardly.

"Hi." I said irritated, but smiled almost half the second later to make sure I didn't offend him.

"Do you want to go with us to eat lunch?" Jongin asked happily and I looked at everyone's faces. Baekhyun looked definitely bored now, Minhee had face like she stepped on dead animal and Junmyeon sent me a small smile. I thought intently if I have any lecture now.

"I'm sorry, but I can't. I can't ditch my next lecture." I pursed my lips at seeing Jongin's crestfallen expression. I thought I've heard Minhee's scoff but I decided to ignore it. "Maybe other time?" I asked trying to cheer the man in front of me and he fortunately smiled again.

"Sure."

"Can we go now?" Minhee asked with her gaze fixed on Junmyeon. "I'm really hungry."

"Let's go!" Jongin said looking like he got over my rejection rather quickly. I pursed my lips when Minhee turned around and pulled Junmyeon's hand. He and Jongin bid me goodbye, but Baekhyun looked at me intently for a moment and he too, went after the group. I exhaled heavily while looking at the couple. I wish I could be the one to go hand in hand with Junmyeon, I wish I could be the one to receive his love, be the one to make him happy.

"Stupid lecture." I murmured and turned around to head to my next lesson.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hate

My day at the university ended quite late, but I wasn't worried about catching the bus - perks of having a car. That's why I was sitting comfortably in my posh car and trying to find the best way to avoid huge traffic jam on the main street. Thanks to my CB radio, I knew there was a big accident at the center of the Seoul, so the traffic was stuck. I wished I could live in more suburb area than in the middle of the city, but I couldn't complain - it's good I had a home. When I found a reroute, I happily turned the quiet music on and drove the opposite way than usual. Not that far away I spotted very familiar person on the bus stop. Junmyeon looked quite impatient while waiting for be it bus or car, so I guessed he was late or had to get quickly somewhere. So I stopped in front of the group of people and waved at my new friend. He looked quite surprised but hesitantly came closer, while I rolled the window on his side down, and grinned.

"Hey, you need a lift?" I proposed, but Junmyeon looked unsure.

"Umm, thanks but...." The man was fidgeting in his place, and I lost a little confidence.

"It's not a bother if you're wondering, really. I'm not rushing anywhere, so I can take you wherever you need to be." Junmyeon scrunched his nose (so adorably ugh) and nodded hesitantly.

"If you say so, then I would be grateful if you'd take me with you." The man flashed me a smile and went inside my car. When he fastened the seat belt I asked jokingly:

"So, where is your destination, Young Master? Your chauffeur will gladly take you there." I winked at Junmyeon and watched for a moment his amused expression. Distraction while driving is not a good idea, so I prefered to not look at him too much.

"Just drive straight, I will lead you where to turn, Miss Im." Junmyeon joked and I crinkled my nose while stepping on a gas.

"Maybe you shouldn't call me that... I feel old, now."

"Why is that, Miss Im?" I shot Junmyeon fake glare and he dared to smirk at me!

"Stop that."

"Come on, Miss Im."

"Junmyeon!" I whined.

"You started it!" The man whined too in return.

"And you should end it." I tried to keep straight face, but corners of my lips were up anyway. 

"Never." I was a little shocked by the declaration and when I looked at Junmyeon, the man had a teasing look on his face. I clucked my tongue.

"Ah, really." I murmured, but nonetheless smiled.

"Turn right, here." I hummed, and did as I was told. "Nice car, by the way."

"Thanks, my little brother's choice. He wouldn't let his sister to drive him around in a crappy car, right?" I said with sarcasm and rolled my eyes at the mere thought of Minki.

"So..." Junmyeon drawled and I looked at him with curiosity, when we stopped on the red lights. "Is your job as a chauffeur full-time or...?"

I snorted and turned a little to look at the man. He was visibly relaxed so I was really glad. He was comfortable in my company, wasn't he? I hoped so. "Yeah, I guess. That little devil makes me drive him back and forth. I always wondered how a twelve years old boy can be so busy." I shook my head, and started driving again when light quickly turned green. "Sometimes I can't bear with him. He said his first kiss was at the age of ten and so he's mature now. Can you believe it?" I looked at Junmyeon briefly to see his amused expression.

"I got my first kiss at the age of fourteen." I saw from the corner of my eye Junmyeon's thoughtful expression and then he was looking at me expectantly, but I only pursed my lips.

"Left here. What about you?" I hummed and stayed silent for a while, feeling my cheeks heating. I murmured my answer quietly. It was so embarassing, but I kind of wasn't afraid of telling him that information. I was probably gullible, but I felt like I could rely on the man. I don't even know why. 

"Huh? I didn't catch that." Junmyeon leaned closer and I blushed even more.

"I was nineteen, okay? I am a late bloomer." I grumbled under my breath expecting teasing. In that age some of my friends already had - what I'm talking about, had kids and were married but here I am, being a sore loser whom no one likes.

"I'm not gonna judge you, if you're afraid of that, so don't need to make such an upset face." I felt my cheek being poked and I scowled. 

"Cheer up, baby, cheer up, baby?"  Junmyeon sang to the song in the radio and my heart may or may not skipped a beat. The man beside me never failed to make a mayhem in my heart and mind, with little of a gesture.

I rolled my eyes and smiled widely. I shoot a glance in Junmyeon's direction and I instantly melted into a puddle of goo. He was smiling so gently, so sincerely and his eyes crinkled in the ends... I was so happy it was directed just at me. He leaned so close to me, I smelled his soft cologne, and said with such a low voice I felt my palms trembling slightly.

"We're good, right? Turn right, over there."

I laughed nervously, not taking my eyes from the road. "Of course! I'm not the type to be angry for such a petty thing."

"I'm glad then." And he was sitting calmly in his seat again, while I was a mess inside. So unfair.

"So can you tell me more about your sibling?" Junmyeon asked while tapping on the door that he put his elbow on, the rhythm of the song.

"There's nothing to talk about, really." I pondered over the question when car behind me honked and I got startled leading my leg on the gas to twitch so we sped up a little for a second. Junmyeon chocked on his laugh but after one look I sent him, he closed his lips shut, but was still clearly amused. Great, I'm probably a laughing stock for him.

"Hey, you ok?" Junmyeon asked instantly worried, all the laugh forgotten. "You turned really pale."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just got a little startled." I took a shaky breath and squeezed the wheel tightly. "What I was talking about? Ah, yeah, my siblings." Trying to distract myself, I started talking without even digesting the words first. 

"There is four of us at all. Minki is the youngest, as I said he's a little twelve years old devil. My parents spoiled him too much, this brat does what he wants without any consequences. The next one is Jihyun. She's sixteen this year and she was born deaf, but she's still coping like any other girl her age. Once you know her, she's a real sweetheart. The next one who was born is me and then the oldest from all of us is Jaemin. He's five years older than me." I finished and we fell into a silence. That were probably the most sentences I said to someone other than a professor for almost the whole year.

The atmosphere turned a little somber but not awkward at all. Thank god. 

"So your brother is twenty-eight? Turn left here, please." Junmyeon said and I hummed. I looked at him briefly and smiled sheepishly when I saw his eyes on me. 

"You decided to be all polite when we already entered a residential are, huh?" I teased and the atmosphere turned a little less serious. 

I looked at Junmyeon with corner of my eye and I saw he blushed. I gaped at him but after two seconds my gaze turned to the road. 

Wow. Kim Junmyeon just freaking blushed so... Adorably handsome. 

I cleared my throat and didn't even try concealing my smile. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't-"

"Nah, it's okay, it was just a joke." I chuckled. "But yeah, my brother is twenty-eight. Why?"

I turned to the narrow street after Junmyeon pointed his finger in that direction. 

"My brother is the same age." 

"Oh, really." I said with surprise. "I bet he's nice." 

"Why? It's this house." Junmyeon pointed at the big white building nearly so I parked across it, next to a high wall. 

"You share similar DNA." I smiled brightly and turned to my right. I didn't want to leave the man beside me just yet. 

"I really thank you for lift, it was fun. I owe you." Junmyeon's eyes twinkled and I nodded. 

"Don't you forget." I warned while he was unbuckling his seat belt. 

"I won't." Junmyeon smiled at me a little. "See you in uni? You should join us at lunch someday."

"Sure." I got an invitation from Junmyeon himself, there's no way I will reject it. 

"See ya." He bid me a farewell and I waved when the man exited my car. 

"Bye." I said and watched how Junmyeon shut the door and went inside the building quickly. 

I sat there a few seconds more and finally started the car again. 

"It was fun for me too."



Over 4k words for ya. 

I decided to make a two shot (or three, don't know yet) of this, because I planned to post it months ago and I can't keep you waiting any longer >u<

Can you guys leave at least a comment? It really motivates me to write!