one

things like us only exist in dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How can you just do this to me?" She yelled to the people sitting across her. Sohee was absolutely seething, so much that she wanted to break the teacup that her mother was currently lifting to her lips.


Her father looked at her pointedly. 


"It's for the best. The father of YG's CEO personally came to us to ask for your hand in marrying his son. Something about a promise with an old friend that needed to be fulfilled," he said.


Sohee stood up trembling, almost ready to rip her hair out.


"Cut the , daddy. You're selling me to them. You're just in this for the money. You and mom have always been hungry for money even if you guys are already rich enough." She quite enjoyed the redness seeping through her mothers face at this statement.


Her father, however, was not phased in the least. "The money is just a bonus, especially for you. Ever since your brother died, you've been so rebellious. You think you can survive living on your own with the money you make from being an artist? Do you even make any money? Why don't you just face the fact that you're going to get married within the month and just do whatever it is that the CEO wants you to do."


Sohee couldn't even form the words to say in retaliation until her own mother spoke. "Your father is right.  You don't really have a choice in this matter. Whether you like it or not, you're getting married and that's final."


Sohee glared daggers at the both of them before saying, "I'm not a ing child anymore. You should know better than to treat me like a child now of all times. You're trying to force this marriage on me because you don't like the prospect of me being nameless. You want me to be known and to be rich. You're just using me to show off to your friends. Wouldn't that be nice, huh? 'my daughter is married to the CEO of the biggest entertainment company, no doubt we'll be even richer,' huh? You were fine with not acknowledging me at all until Youngjae died. You think i'll be fine with you pushing me into this since your perfect and most beloved is dead?" 


Before they could even say anything back to her, she stormed out of the house and into her car. She didn't regret anything she had said to them. In fact, they were nothing but facts. She knows full well that they're just doing this so they have a famous child again. Losing her brother had been hard on her parent's ego as he was an incredibly famous and acclaimed businessman. In fact, he was at his peak when he died. When he was alive, he'd always supported her in everything she did. He even helped her start in the community of art and bought her paintings. Thinking about him made her miss him and she felt tears threatening to fall. She closed her eyes for a moment to wipe the tears, but didn't see that the car in front of her stopped. Her eyes opened in a panic she heard the crash of metal against metal. 


ing . Great, she thought as she got out of the car to check the damage and consult with the other driver.
She was met with yelling. A guy yelling at her, which was to be expected since she had just hit his car.


"What the do you think you're doing? Do you know who i am?" He asked in a tone of anger riddled with cockiness.


She stared at him blankly.

 

"No, and I don't care about who you are, but I'm sorry for hitting your car. I was distracted-"


"Then you shouldn't have been ing driving in the first place!"


Now she was getting mad. 


Crossing her arms, she raised her voice, "Ok just give me your ing info. I'll pay for the damage. I don't want to talk to your arrogant anymore than I need to."


He looked absolutely appalled. She could see his eyebrow twitch.


"No need, I'll just buy another car. I hope I don't see your face ever again, ."


Sohee raised her eyebrows, but didn't argue. She didn't have to pay the damage so she didn't care. Suddenly, a car honk freed her from her thoughts. She hadn't even realized that there was a crowd forming and that the police were already on the scene. One officer came up to the man and asked for his name. She could hear their conversation clearly from where she was standing.


"My name's Kwon Jiyong. I'll just call a tow truck for my car here."


Another officer came up to her and asked some questions, to which she answered. She even told him that the other person involved in the accident had said that she didn't need to cough any money up for damage and that he would buy a new car instead. The officer chuckled at this.


"Ah, if only people like us could afford to buy a new car after it gets damaged." He said before letting Sohee go

.
She drove back to her apartment with her ed up car and as soon as she walked in, her body had slumped and hit the sofa. As she was beginning to get comfortable, her phone started ringing. Sitting up to reach for her phone, she saw that it was Sunmi who was calling.


"Hello?"


"Sohee-yah! Are you busy right now?"


"Nope, just got home from parents' house. Why, what's up?"


"Oh, yikes. I bet that went terrible. Anyways, the girls and I wanted to know if you wanted to come with us for lunch at Kristalbelli?"


"It did, and I'd love to since I haven't seen you guys in so long, but my car is totaled right now so it's not really safe for me to drive."


"Wait, what the heck? What happened?"


"Long story, no time to tell."


"Well, you can tell us when you come to lunch. I'm coming to pick you up."


"No, you don't have to-" She said frantically but was cut off by the beeping. Sunmi hung up on her.  Sohee sighed. So much for sleeping the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter