do it for the pikachu

Apartment Block 17
a/n
idk why I thought this was a good idea at first, but anyway, this arc is essential to the story lmao
the craze has since died off, but if you don’t know about this game, it’s basically just… being able to “catch Pokémon” by walking around with your phone. something like that.
 
-------------
 
[APARTMENT #118; Choi Hansol, Boo Seungkwan]
 
“Seungkwan!” Hansol shouted, jumping onto his bed in an attempt to wake him up. Seungkwan groaned and pulled the covers over his head, ignoring Hansol.
 
Hansol retaliated by ripping the covers off Seungkwan with all the force he could muster, causing Seungkwan to snap awake at the breeze and groggily glare at his roommate.
 
“Guess what?” Hansol grinned. Seungkwan narrowed his eyes, which Hansol took as a sign to continue. “Pokémon Go was released this morning in South Korea!”
 
At the mention of the popular game that had taken over the world in the past two weeks, Seungkwan snapped wide awake. Both of them had been dying to play it ever since hearing of its release, but alas, it wasn’t available (officially) in South Korea. Until now, it seemed.
 
“You better not be joking right now, Choi Hansol,” Seungkwan said, pulling out his phone excitedly. He searched the App Store as fast as he could, and sure enough, it was available and legal to be played in South Korea. He looked over at Hansol, who was still waiting for the app to finish downloading.
 
“Which are you going to choose as your starter Pokémon?” Seungkwan asked, wanting to break the silence between them as they both waited for the app to finish downloading.
 
“I’ve heard you can start with a Pikachu, but I’m gonna go with a Squirtle,” Hansol said thoughtfully.
 
“Oh, then I will as well,” Seungkwan smiled. He looked down and found that the app had finally finished downloading. Grinning at Hansol, he said, “Well, what are we waiting for?”
 
-------------
 
[APARTMENT #211; Lee Seokmin, Lee Chan]
 
Today 8:11 AM
 
kim meangyu
> hey seokmin
> didn’t you say that you went to pledis the last time we talked?
 
me
> oh hey mingyu!!
> haven’t talked to you since like... the time we met lmao
> soz about that
> but yeh, i study music there. i started in march... i’m a freshman!
> wait have you moved here already??
 
kim meangyu
> HAHA YEAH SORRY I FORGTO TO TELL YOU
> i moved here a week ago
> didn’t wonwoo tell you?
 
me
> no lmao i was only there when he accepted you as a roommate
> didn’t he text u with his number afterwards?
> i assumed u guys talked later but wonwoo didn’t say anything :(
 
kim meangyu
> lmao yeh, he did txt me with his number after he used ur phone to text me
> but it was only to tell me when i could move and stuff
> all business :/
 
me
> o well tht does sounds like wonwoo
> but still
> u must be like hella special, man
 
kim meangyu
> what do u mean?
 
me
> i mean like, wonwoo doesn’t seem to like friendly people like yourself
> knowing him, i thought he’d pick someone more bookwormy to room with
> no offence lol
 
kim meangyu 
> uhm excuse you???
> i am so triggered
> how do u know im not bookwormy :(
> lol jkjk 
> tru though!!
> this dude i met when i first moved here said a similar thing
 
me
> o rlly?
 
kim meangyu
> yeah, he said it was weird tht wonwoo would let me room with him
> something like tht idk
> but hey, he told me something else... is it tru that wonwoo’s gay?
 
me
> lmao wtf how did he know that??? who is this dude
> well yeh its tru
> he’s like the gayest guy i’ve met
> i mean in a good way obv
> idk how to explain so dont ask bc im not stereotyping here
 
kim meangyu
> well the dude who told me is called seungkwan i think
> oh so he actually is gay... wow?? :O
> i hope its ok if i room with him then ?
> im not exactly the straightest person either :/
 
me
> WOAH WTF DUDE 
> BAAHAHHAHAHA THIS IS TOO MUCH
> in that case...
> hows it going with wonwoo? any progress? ;)
 
kim meangyu
> i hope ur not implying anything with tht wink face
> and no
> talking to wonwoo is like talking to a brick wall
> how tf did you manage to get him to talk to you ??
 
me
> im lee seokmin, duh.
> dw im pretty sure he likes you anyway
> he looked pretty whipped when he saw ur picture online
 
kim meangyu
> ... i never said i liked him! :/
> just bc he’s gay and i’m gay doesn’t mean we like each other ok
> PLATONIC .THERES SOMETHING CALLED PLATONIC
 
me
> lmao sure sure
 
kim meangyu
> he’s alright to live with so far, but i literally know nothing about him :/
> ive tried asking him stuff but he replies with one word answers???
> i even asked him to show me around and he said he was busy (he totally wasnt)
 
me
> well keep trying lol
> i can show u around later if u want then 
> oh btw, what apartment you guys in again? 
> i always forget bc i never visit wonwoo without his friend jun
> i needa come meet you face to face
 
kim meangyu
> oh yeah i met jun last week too
> he’s pretty cool ... he comes by a lot as well with his bf minghao
> omg i cant believe i havent even met you irl yet :P
> but yeh we’re in 417
> come by anytime ;)
 
me
> yo save the flirting for wonwoo
> i’ll come by now 
> i’m hoping you aren’t as good looking irl as you are in the pictures
> as an idol trainee, i rlly don’t need you to be scouted off the street and create more competition for me :/
 
kim meangyu
> hAHAHAHAHAH SORRY FOR BEING SO HANDSOME THEN ;)
 
Seokmin laughed. Mingyu was actually pretty cool, though they had only talked briefly after Wonwoo’s roommate situation the previous week; Seokmin was far too busy with training to keep up his social life regularly. Even though it was the summer holidays, he still had to go to regular training sessions as well as study for the next semester of university, starting in September.
 
He packed up his bag, said goodbye to his little brother, Chan, and was about to head out when he was stopped by another text message notification.
 
meanhui now
OH MY LORD HAVE YOU HEARD POKEMON GO IS OUT IN SOUTH KOREA NOW
 
Seokmin nearly screamed. He dropped his bag and ran into Chan’s room, shaking his phone violently. “Chan! Jun just said Pokémon Go is out in South Korea!” he said excitedly.
 
Chan jumped out of his chair, where he seemed to have been trying to finish his holiday biology homework. He was in his second year at Pledis Performing Arts High School, and doing quite well, according to his report cards. But obviously, right now, there were more important things to do in life than biology homework. Like play the game that everyone’s been talking about for the past two weeks.
 
After downloading the app, the two brothers decided to go their separate ways in order to try it out. Unlike most siblings, they weren’t very competitive; they were much more supportive of each other and respected their differences. Chan wanted to find eggs, which hatched all sorts of items and Pokémon, while Seokmin just wanted to find them himself. 
 
They both ended up picking Charmander as their starter, and agreed to pick Team Valor once the option to choose a team became available at Level 5.
 
Saying goodbye, Chan headed off to a nearby PokéStop in hopes to find some eggs. Seokmin grabbed his bag, locked the door and walked along the hallway, trying to track down nearby Pokémon; completely forgetting about visiting Mingyu.
 
-------------
 
[APARTMENT #811; Lee Jihoon, Kwon Soonyoung]
 
“Hey, Hosh,” Jihoon called, “Have you heard of this Pokémon Go thing that’s been all over the news?”
 
“Pokémon what?” Soonyoung walked into the living room, seeing Jihoon sprawled out on the couch, watching some morning news program.
 
“It’s this app called Pokémon Go. Apparently it’s been really popular worldwide and it was finally released in South Korea this morning,” Jihoon said tiredly. Soonyoung was actually pretty surprised to see Jihoon up this early; while Soonyoung was a morning person and often woke up very early, Jihoon was the kind of person whose ‘morning’ was actually in the afternoon.
 
Soonyoung held free dance classes every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, as he was a dance major at Pledis University and loved teaching people who were enthusiastic like he was. He had heard his students talking about a new Pokémon game that was recently released, but as he wasn’t a fan of the original games, he didn’t think too much of it. He never thought that a mobile app would become so popular, popular enough to be on the news headlines. Curiosity overtook him, and Soonyoung pulled out his phone and searched for the app. 
 
He found it displayed on the main page; it must’ve already been downloaded many times since its release in South Korea that morning. He skimmed through the description to get an idea of what the game was about.
 
Now’s your chance to discover and capture the Pokémon all around you... step outside, and explore the world! ...As you walk around, your phone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball... Search far and wide for Pokémon and items... Visit PokéStops, found at interesting places like monuments to stock up... hatch Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk... Take on Gym battles and defend your Gym... It’s time to get moving - your real life adventures await!
 
“Hmm... Isn’t this just an excuse to get people outside and exercising for once?” Soonyoung pondered.
 
“Probably. Sound likes it,” Jihoon hummed. “Are you going to play it?”
 
Soonyoung grinned. He loved challenges and was known to be rather competitive in a variety of things. Mobile games was definitely one of them; Jihoon shuddered whenever he remembered the fit Soonyoung had thrown when he wasn’t able to beat the former in a game of Flappy Bird. 
 
“Wanna join me?” Soonyoung waved the phone in Jihoon’s face and plonked himself down onto the couch next to him. Jihoon merely yawned.
 
“Nah, I’m good. Don’t even try to make me play with you. I won’t, even if you make some stupid bet with me like last time,” Jihoon huffed.
 
“Bet? Nah. I just wanted to go for a nice walk outside with my roommate! Who do you take me for, Jihoon?” Soonyoung pouted.
 
“Kwon Soonyoung. The guy who bet me to run through a ten-storey apartment block with him on my back and nearly breaking my spine in the process,” Jihoon said bitterly. 
 
“Hey, you totally enjoyed that! Don’t pretend like I didn’t see you grinning like a madman.” Soonyoung flinched as Jihoon flicked his forehead. 
 
“Plus, you got some exercise! Maybe if you exercised more, you’d be a little talle-” Soonyoung stopped himself from saying what he was going to say; he could see that Jihoon’s eyes began to flare in annoyance. As Jihoon was quite short for his age, he was quite sensitive when it came to people commenting on his height. Honestly, Soonyoung thought he was average, but Jihoon wouldn’t hear any of it. In order to retaliate to people calling him things like ‘dwarf’, ‘fairy’ and ‘pixie’, he tended to call every tall person he met things like ‘tree’, ‘lamp post’ and ‘bean pole’. Most people either laughed it off, or showed signs of slight annoyance; Soonyoung thought it was really cute. 
 
“Oh well, then. You’ll be missing out! Just watch me, I’ll catch all the Pokémon and become famous for it or something,” Soonyoung laughed nervously, not wanting Jihoon to be angry with him.
 
“I thought you didn’t like Pokémon?” Jihoon said, narrowing his eyes.
 
“Well, this game sounds interesting. You know how much I love a challenge! Knowing that millions of people around the world are playing this too, it kinda fires me up,” Soonyoung jumped off the couch, packed some food and water into a backpack and ran to the door. “See you later, Jihoon! I gotta go catch ‘em all!” he laughed as he slammed the door.
 
Jihoon cringed. “So now you like Pokémon, huh? You used to make fun of me for playing it a few years back,” he muttered to himself. As much as he wanted to play it too, since Pokémon was a large part of his childhood; 1. he hated playing mobile games and 2. he hated conforming to society’s trends. Hoping that Soonyoung wouldn’t get run over by a car while playing the game (Jihoon could definitely see it happening, considering how terrible Soonyoung’s attention span was), he sunk further into the couch and aimlessly switched the channel.
 
-------------
 
[APARTMENT #617; ???]
 
After two hours of continuous Pokémon hunting, Seokmin had caught a few varieties he was happy with, as well as an abundance of Rattatas and Zubats (which he was honestly sick of seeing pop up on the radar at this point). Chan had texted him earlier saying he’d found some eggs at nearby PokéStops and was now riding around Seoul in order to hatch them, as the game required you to walk/ride distances like 2km, 5km and 10km to hatch an egg. It really was a good excuse to get some exercise; though for both Seokmin and Chan, this game would definitely take a toll on their stamina during idol training lessons.
 
Having less than an hour left of the morning before having to go back to Pledis Entertainment to train, Seokmin decided he needed to quicken up his pace to catch up all the time he would lose.
 
A few months ago, Seokmin had met Junhui and Minghao while shopping at a gaming store called ‘Chuck’ in the mall across the road. Ever since talking and befriending them, the three had gotten together occasionally to play video games with each other after realising what similar tastes they all had. Junhui and Minghao were also thankful because Seokmin would help them out with perfecting Korean, as they were both studying abroad in Seoul from China. 
 
So with a new game like Pokémon Go coming out, Seokmin knew that the three of them would be in an unofficial competition against each other. He had already levelled up to Level 5 and had chosen Team Valor, like he told Chan he would. He was pretty sure Junhui and Minghao would choose Team Mystic.
 
Wandering the hallway of the sixth floor, Seokmin jumped excitedly when he felt his phone vibrate, signalling a nearby Pokémon. He nearly screamed when he saw that the silhouette (indicating a Pokémon that hasn’t been caught by you) was most certainly of a Pikachu. 
 
He thought he’d have to wander to the strangest locations in order to catch a Pikachu; but praise the lord, there was one right in front of him. The only thing that was stopping him was the door to Apartment #617.
 
Seokmin was startled when he heard a yelp not far from where he was. Glancing up from his phone, he saw a boy with black hair and a slightly muscled figure running over to where he was, standing awkwardly outside the apartment. 
 
As the boy ran closer, Seokmin realised he knew who it was; Choi Seungcheol, the guy who came by once a month to collect his rent. Honestly, Seokmin was kind of intimidated by Seungcheol, but the guy was friendly enough and they would occasionally smile at each other when passing by.
 
Seungcheol halted when he saw the brown haired boy standing in front of Apartment #617. “Oh hey, Seok...” he trailed off, having forgotten his name.
 
“...min. Are you playing Pokémon Go?” Seokmin asked.
 
Seungcheol grinned. “Yeah. Are you trying to catch the Pikachu that’s around here?”
 
Seokmin nodded. “I’m not sure if I want to barge into a stranger’s home just to catch a Pikachu, though.”
 
“Well, lucky you’ve got me! I’m the landlord’s son, after all,” Seungcheol grinned.
 
He knocked confidently on the door, while Seokmin stepped back nervously. Do it for the Pikachu.
 
The door opened several seconds later to a tall boy with bleached blond hair and really plush lips. Seungcheol, being the unofficial rent collector, recognised the boy. “Oh hey, Seokjin.” You remember Seokjin’s name but you can’t remember mine?
 
“Oh, Seungcheol! You’re not here to collect the rent, are you? It’s not the end of July yet...” Seokjin said in confusion.
 
“Oh no, no. Um, do you know about this game called Pokémon Go?” Seungcheol asked.
 
Seokjin laughed. “Of course! I’ve already downloaded it, but my roommate, Namjoon, threatened to kill me if I started playing without him. He’s at some meeting right now.”
 
“Oh, well. Then you won’t mind if we come in? There’s a Pokémon in your apartment, apparently,” Seungcheol said cautiously. 
 
“Which one?” Seokjin asked, narrowing his eyes.
 
Seungcheol contemplated whether to lie or not. “Pikachu,” he eventually said. Seokmin shifted nervously next to him.
 
“What?! Are you serious? No way! I’m not letting you guys get a Pikachu!” Seokjin promptly slammed the door in their startled faces and frantic footsteps could be heard inside. 
 
Seokmin hit Seungcheol’s shoulder. “Why’d you have to tell him it was a Pikachu?”
 
“Well, he would’ve found out eventually and kicked us out anyway!” Seungcheol shot back. 
 
“Ah, our loss then. I’ll see you around, Seungcheol,” Seokmin sighed and began walking away to catch other nearby Pokémon.
 
Seungcheol wasn’t having it. He decided to go back to his apartment and grab the spare keys he had for every apartment, and maybe even make a note to raise Seokjin and Namjoon’s rent price for this month. Trespassing or not, he needed that Pikachu.
 
-------------
 
[ADORE U PARK]
 
For the entire morning since the release of Pokémon Go in South Korea, Junhui and Minghao had been out of their apartment, walking endlessly around the neighbourhood to catch Pokémon. The schools had been closed since it was summer break, but they both managed to find many on the streets outside. Soon enough, they both levelled up to Level 5 and were able to pick a team; they both picked Team Mystic. He decided to text Seokmin about it.
 
Today 11:23 AM
 
me
> LMAO GUESS WHO JUST LEVLLED UP TO 5 !!!!
> ME AND MINGHAO!!! :D
 
donkey k
> SAME HERE :)
> pls tell me you picked valor??? 
 
me
> no r u stupid we picked mystic
> did u choose valor??
> you traitor i thought we were friends
 
donkey k
> smh valor is obviously the best
> omg anyway u wont believe what just happend to me
> so i was hunting and suddenly a PIKACHU pops up
 
me
> wait wtf where i need a pikachu
 
donkey k
> it was outside apartment 617 right
> and soon enough that seungcheol dude comes running to me as well
 
me
> omg is he playing as well??
 
donkey k
> yeh lmao so he knocked on the door and this dude comes out
> and seungcheol tells him there’s a pikachu in his apartment
> and tHE DUDE JUST SLAMS THE DOOR IN OUR FACES
 
me
> wait so u didnt catch pikachu ??
 
donkey k
> NO
 
me
> lmao wait didn’t u say its in 617?
 
donkey k
> yeh it was... according to the radar thingy
 
me
> does the floor even matter? like isnt the pokemon just in that... geographical position
 
donkey k
> wat??
 
me
> i mean, wonwoo’s in 417
> the room two floors beneath?
> so if pikachu’s in 617, isnt 417 like, directly below
> so its the same geographical spot or smth??
 
donkey k
> OMG JUN UR A GENIUS BYE
 
me
> wait idk if its legit i was just brainstorming
> oh ok nvm let me know how it goes ??
 
[a/n; is this actually legit though? i actually don’t know bc where i live, it’s all flat and one-storey. i’m gonna pretend it’s legit for the sake of the story]
 
“What happened?” Minghao asked when he saw Junhui laughing at his phone. 
 
“Nothing. Just Seokmin being an idiot,” Junhui smiled. “Alright, let’s go take over some Gyms! I saw some over at Adore U Park, which is pretty close.”
 
Upon reaching Adore U Park, a wide expanse of meticulously kept green, with various sporting facilities and playgrounds littered here and there, both their phones buzzed with an onslaught of nearby Pokémon to catch.
 
“Wow, why didn’t we come here earlier?” Minghao said incredulously. Junhui grinned in agreement.
 
The pair wandered around, capturing Pokémon here and there, until they reached the nearest Gym, which was located near a basketball court. Minghao was busy trying to catch a Fearow nearby, while Junhui moved to claim the Gym, as it was currently unclaimed. To claim a Gym for your team (which you choose at Level 5), several players of the same team have to win these fights called Gym Battles, in which you use the Pokémon you’ve caught to fight other players’ Pokémon. However, in Junhui’s case, if you find an unclaimed Gym, you can just claim it right away. Luckily they had come early; being only at Level 5, if they had waited a few hours longer for the game to set in, the Gym would’ve been overtaken by a bunch of higher level players.
 
Seeing the Gym turn blue, the colour of their chosen team, Team Mystic, was extremely satisfying for Junhui. He decided to search Adore U Park for higher level Pokémon in order to help hold their place at the basketball court’s Gym, as well as go around finding other Gyms to claim.
 
Minghao finally caught the Fearow, and proceeded to station it in the Gym to help hold their place. Junhui knew it wouldn’t be long before higher level players from rival teams would show up and try to defeat them, but being able to hold a Gym for even a little while made him happy. Hopefully, more players from Team Mystic would help them out.
 
As they were about to leave, Junhui noticed two other teenage boys walking towards them while staring intently at their phones. One had brownish-blond hair and foreign features, while the other had reddish brown hair that was hidden under a blue cap. They both looked like high school students.
 
Oh my god, Hansol! There’s a Gym here!” the boy with reddish brown hair exclaimed.
 
“Don’t say ‘oh my god’, Seungkwan,” the foreign-looking boy muttered.
 
Junhui laughed as the two boys halted when they noticed him in front of them. “You guys playing Pokémon Go as well?”
 
The reddish brown haired boy tilted his head upon seeing Junhui’s face. “Oh, Wen Junhui. And the other guy must be your boyfriend, Xu Minghao,” he said thoughtfully.
 
Junhui was taken aback. He didn’t recognise this boy at all; was he supposed to know him? “I’m sorry, do we know each other?”
 
“Seungkwan, it’s rude when you do that. You sound like a creep,” the foreign-looking boy tutted and flicked the other boy’s forehead. He then turned to address Junhui, as well as Minghao.
 
“Sorry, this is Seungkwan. He tends to be really nosy and probably knows more about you than you think. I’m pretty sure we live in the same apartment block; he knows basically everyone who lives there. My name is Hansol, by the way. Nice to meet you,” the foreign-looking boy, Hansol, stuck his hand out to shake Junhui’s. As he did, Seungkwan took his phone from him and walked closer to the basketball court.
 
“Oh, alright then...” Junhui said uncertainly. He wasn’t sure what to make of this Seungkwan guy. But Hansol seemed nice enough. “I’m Junhui, and this is my boyfriend, Minghao. Though Seungkwan already knew that...” 
 
“Oh, nice to meet you two! Are you from China, by any chance?” Hansol said, smiling.
 
Junhui rubbed his neck awkwardly. “Is it that obvious?” he laughed.
 
“Oh, no! Your Korean is fine, if that’s what you meant. I mean your names sound Chinese, so...” Hansol smiled sheepishly. 
 
“Oh, right. Yeah, we’re both from China. We’re studying at Pledis University,” Junhui said.
 
“Oh, Seungkwan and I are going there next year! We’re third years at Pledis High at the moment,” Hansol said with an energetic tone. 
 
“Is it okay if I ask... are you foreign as well?” Junhui asked cautiously.
 
Hansol laughed. “Is it that obvious?” he copied Junhui’s earlier statement. “Yeah, I’m half-American. But I’ve been living in Korea for most of my life,” he explained.
 
“Yes! I got it!” Seungkwan screamed from behind Hansol. He was holding his phone triumphantly.
 
“Were you guys ‘moonhui’ and ‘the8’?” Seungkwan asked towards Junhui’s direction.
 
“Uh, yeah? I’m ‘moonhui’ and Minghao’s ‘the8’,” Junhui answered.
 
“I just overtook your gym,” Seungkwan smirked.
 
Junhui whipped out his phone and saw that indeed, the previously blue Gym had turned into an ugly yellow. Team Instinct. The new Gym holders were ‘divaboo’ and ‘vernon’, presumably the usernames of Seungkwan and Hansol.
 
Hansol whirled around to see the phones that Seungkwan was holding; Seungkwan had won Gym Battles for Hansol on his phone. “Did you get it on video?” he pestered Seungkwan excitedly. 
 
“Oh, right...” Seungkwan had forgotten that they were trying to vlog their first Pokémon Go experience to upload to their Youtube channel. Hansol looked disappointed. 
 
“Ah, well. That just means we’ll have to capture other gyms then!” he said optimistically.
 
“Like we’d let you! This isn’t over,” Junhui grinned mischievously. “That Gym won’t be yours by the end of the day!” Grabbing a startled Minghao, the two Chinese boys stormed off in search for stronger Pokémon. 
 
“Bring it on!” Seungkwan hollered after them. 
 
-------------
 
[APARTMENT #417; Jeon Wonwoo, Kim Mingyu]
 
Seokmin arrived at Wonwoo and Mingyu’s apartment and knocked on the door excitedly. It was only then he remembered he had told Mingyu he would be there; but that was more than three hours ago. He figured Mingyu wouldn’t mind anyway.
 
“Hey, Wonwoo,” Seokmin grinned as a very tired Wonwoo opened the door and glared at him.
 
“This better be really important, Seokmin,” Wonwoo grumbled.
 
“So there’s this game called Pokémon Go,” Seokmin began. Wonwoo raised an eyebrow. To Seokmin, Wonwoo was probably one of the most old fashioned people he’d ever met. He doubted that Wonwoo would be following the latest worldwide trends. “You probably don’t know about it. But basically, I need to go into your apartment for a bit. Is that alright?”
 
“Oh, sure, I guess,” Wonwoo stepped aside reluctantly and allowed Seokmin to enter. “Mingyu was expecting you earlier, by the way. But apparently you didn’t show up, so he left a while ago to go grocery shopping or something.”
 
“Oh, yeah. I told him I’d come meet him this morning but I kind of forgot,” Seokmin said sheepishly.
 
“We all know you don’t have the best memory, Seokmin. He’ll be fine; I swear to God that boy isn’t capable of being sad,” Wonwoo said with an exasperated tone.
 
Seokmin smirked. “Sounds like he’s fitting in here pretty well. Don’t act like you don’t love him, Wonwoo.” He flinched when Wonwoo shot him a glare.
 
“So, what’s so important that you had to barge into my apartment at 11:30 on a Friday morning?” Wonwoo asked.
 
Seokmin glanced at his phone and saw that the Pikachu was very near. He walked around a bit, ignoring Wonwoo’s gaze, and jumped when his phone vibrated and displayed a Pikachu near the door of Wonwoo’s bedroom. He quickly tapped on it, and caught the Pikachu in one try. Seokmin grinned and showed the phone to Wonwoo, not that he actually seemed to care anyway. 
 
“I caught a Pikachu!” Seokmin said a little too loudly for Wonwoo’s liking. “That Seungcheol guy is gonna be so mad!”
 
“Oh, Pikachu as in Pokémon? I think I heard about it on the news this morning. Is Seungcheol also playing it?” Wonwoo questioned.
 
Everyone but you is playing it, Wonwoo,” Seokmin smirked. 
 
“Mingyu’s not playing it,” Wonwoo said, and Seokmin swore he saw him pout a little. 
 
“Wonwoo, who goes on a grocery trip at 11:30 on a Friday morning? I bet you he’s going out Pokémon hunting,” Seokmin reasoned.
 
“Alright, it’s time for you to leave,” Wonwoo started pushing Seokmin towards the door. “Pokémon hunting or not, Mingyu better bring back some milk from the store like I asked him to.”
 
“You should really be nicer to him, Wonwoo. The poor guy’s trying to get to know you better. Why would you let him go on a grocery trip by himself? He’s still new here,” Seokmin said. 
 
“He insisted he would be fine. Anyway, it’s not like there’s anything interesting about me. He’ll give up soon enough,” Wonwoo said quietly.
 
Seokmin stopped. “He likes you a lot more than you think, you know. Just give him a chance.”
 
“He only likes me because I gave him a place to stay. What if he finds out that I’m gay?” Wonwoo said bitterly.
 
So that’s what this is about. Seokmin laughed. These two were so hopeless. “Well, hypothetically speaking, if he were to find out you were playing for the same team, he would probably be extremely happy that his roommate turned out to be his teammate as well, if you know what I mean. Hypothetically speaking.”
 
Wonwoo paused and stared at Seokmin. “Are you trying to tell me that Mingyu’s gay as well?”
 
Seokmin rolled his eyes. “No, Wonwoo. I’m telling you that you actually have a chance with Mingyu.” Seokmin wished he was better at reading facial expressions; particularly Wonwoo’s; because the boy had an indescribable emotion etched across his sharp features.
 
“Right. You should go now,” Wonwoo gently shoved Seokmin out and closed the door behind him. 
 
Seokmin leant against the door. “Wonwoo’s so whipped,” he laughed to himself. Pulling out his phone to admire his newest Pokémon catch, his smile dropped when he caught sight of the time. 11:53AM; he had to be at Pledis Entertainment by 12PM.
 
He ran down the stairs impatiently and luckily, managed to catch the right bus that stopped right outside the Pledis Entertainment building, which was located slightly further away from Apartment Block 17 compared to the two schools. Taking a seat near the back, he pulled out his phone and found several messages from Junhui.
 
Today 11:36 AM
 
meanhui
> guess who just claimed a gym at adore u park ;)
 
Today 11:39 AM
 
meanhui
> are u ing kidding me rn
> these two teenage dudes just came here
> and took over my gym?!?!
> they were team instinct :( pfft
> gotta go searching for more pokemons with minghao tO GET MY REVENGE
 
Today 11:54 AM
 
meanhui
> ok so minghao and i found a rlly strong pokemon just now
> so we returned to try take back that gym
> THE GYM WAS TAKEN OVER BY SOMEONE ELSE
> he was team mystic as well so its ok but
> HE WAS LEVEL 10 ??? ALREADY?? ITS BEEN LIKE 4 HOURS SINCE ITS RELEASE WTF
> some dude with the user ‘hoshi’
> he must be a hacker idk dude
 
me
> lmao omg rip 
> at least someone defeated those two teenage dudes for you?
> OH YEH I JUST WENT TO WONWOOS APT AND CAUGHT THE PIKACHU :DD
> also dude, wonwoo’s so whipped for mingyu :’)
 
meanhui
> o hey ur not dead ;; i thought u died catching pokemons since u didnt reply :(
> but yeah ns
> wonwoo wont stop asking me for advice about mingyu
> when will they get together already
> minghao wants to go on double dates with them
 
me
> well then we have work to do lmao
> oh hey gtg the bus is about to stop at pledis
> reADY FOR 8 HOURS OF TORTURE YAEY
 
meanhui
> oh lol rip 
 
-------------
 
[NO F.U.N PIZZA & ICE CREAM PARLOUR]
 
“Yo, Soonyoung!” Seungcheol called out as he entered NO F.U.N, which was ironically a very fun place that specialised in making pizza and ice cream. Since Soonyoung worked there, Seungcheol would often take advantage of his employee discounts.
 
“Oh hey, Cheol. Wanna try the special today?” Soonyoung walked to the table Seungcheol had sat down at.
 
“Yeah sure, surprise me. I’m starving,” Seungcheol replied, pulling out his phone.
 
Soonyoung leaned over to look at Seungcheol’s phone. He raised his eyebrow. “Oh, you’re playing Pokémon Go?”
 
Seungcheol’s eyes lit up. “You know about it? I thought Jihoon was always complaining that you made fun of him for playing the original games.”
 
Soonyoung laughed and rubbed his neck awkwardly. “Oh nah, I just heard about it on the news this morning. Not too interested, really.”
 
“Oh, well, you’re missing out! I need to tell you what happened earlier today,” Seungcheol started excitedly.
 
“Oh? Well you’ve got about a minute before my boss yells at me to stop flirting with customers,” Soonyoung winked. If Seungcheol’s stomach wasn’t so empty, he probably would’ve thrown up.
 
“I’m telling Jihoon you said that,” Seungcheol muttered. Soonyoung didn’t seem to hear. “Anyway, so I was searching around for Pokémon and I found one around Apartment #617.”
 
Soonyoung nodded to indicate he was listening, while pretending to take Seungcheol’s order so his boss wouldn’t yell at him.
 
“I also meet this other guy there... Sungmin or something? He was looking for the same Pokémon. So we both knock on the door, but when we told the dude we found a Pokémon in his apartment, he slams the door on us! To go catch the Pokémon himself!” Seungcheol said incredulously. Soonyoung started laughing.
 
“But get this! I went back up to my place to get my keys, and the Pokémon I was hunting earlier was in my apartment!” Seungcheol said happily. 
 
Soonyoung tilted his head. “Were you going to break into someone’s apartment, just to catch a Pokémon?” he asked suspiciously. 
 
“Well, I didn’t have to, since I found it in my apartment,” Seungcheol said nonchalantly. “My apartment is #717, which is directly above #617. So it must’ve been the same spot or something! Man, that was so lucky,” Seungcheol sat back and grinned. 
 
Soonyoung rolled his eyes. “Well, I’m not bailing you out of jail for trespassing, just because you were catching Pokémon. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go get your order. And I’m not using my employee discount for you this time,” he said, walking away before Seungcheol could inflict any damage on him.
 
As Soonyoung left, Seungcheol felt the phone in his hand vibrate with notifications; he was upset it wasn’t a notification that there was a nearby Pokémon. Instead, it was from the group chat he had with Seungkwan and Hansol.
 
rapper hoes (plus vocal hoe) >
Today 1:30 PM
 
hit the kwan
> CHEOL YOU WONT BELIEVE THIS
> hansol and i went around adore u park and took over lots of gyms right
 
hansmol
> BUT WHEN WE WENT BACK TO CHECK ON THEM
> EVERY SINGLE ONE WAS TAKEN BYT HIS DUDE CALLED ‘HOSHI’
 
me
> lmao was he team valor?
 
hit the kwan
> NO HE WAS MYSTIC BUT THATS NOT IMPORTANT
> HE TOOK OVER LIKE EVERY SINGLE GYM IN THIS AREA SINGLEHANDEDLY
 
hansmol
> and he’s already like level 11 ??
 
me
>
> im only like level 6
 
hansmol
> we’re level 7 ;))
 
me
> stfu
 
“Who’re you texting? Your girlfriend?” Soonyoung smirked as he set Seungcheol’s food in front of him.
 
“Nah, it was just these two guys I know; Seungkwan and Hansol,” Seungcheol replied.
 
“Oh, I think I know Seungkwan. Yeah, I’ve seen him around our apartment block. He’s pretty funny. Are they playing Pokémon Go as well?” Soonyoung asked.
 
“Yep. They just told me some dude with the username ‘hoshi’ has been taking over all the Gyms in the area. Looks like I’ve got some work to do,” Seungcheol sighed.
 
“Oh, is that so? Good luck, then,” Soonyoung grinned and went back to work. There was something off about Soonyoung’s grin, but Seungcheol was too hungry to question it. Digging into the large pizza that Soonyoung had brought him, Seungcheol thought about where he could go next to find more Pokémon.
 

a/n;
i may or may not have too much fun writing text message conversations..
the contact names may get confusing since i write in like every members' point of view so tell me if it gets weird:)