Inside Out

Can You Hear Me?

Junhong lays down on his bed with a smile on his face as he texts Yongguk. He's happy of course, being able to "talk" with someone like this regularly. The dinner was about a week ago and they hadn't shared a meal since then.

Junhong had been afraid that maybe it was his fault but Yongguk reassured him saying that his schedules at the studio were becoming unpredictable and he didn't want to keep the younger waiting. 

As the two texted and got to know each other, Junhong began to realize how different they were. Yongguk spent his free time listening to music and playing instruments while Junhong read or simply closed his eyes and breathed.

It was comical really, how a musician befriended someone who couldn't hear.

Junhong sighed to himself and he wished that his world wasn't so silent, maybe then he wouldn't think so much.

 

The hours passed by as Junhong emerged himself in his editing and after a long run he decided to take a break. Seeing how it was 6pm he decided it was time to make something to eat.

Junhong waltzed into the kitchen and he was a little too lazy to actually cook so he opted on making some simple kimbap. He pursed his lips and Yongguk was on his mind.

Had the elder eaten yet? It was a possibility that he'd gotten something to eat with his friends... then again what if he got hungry later on? And he was doing something important that couldn't wait till later?

Junhong's mind ran wild and he shook his head to straighten out his loud thoughts. He'd pack a small lunch for the elder, nothing more. Then he'd go and deliver it, wishing him good luck with his work before rushing home.

It sounded like a good plan. Junhong nodded to himself and he proceeded with making some kimbap, his tongue sticking out as he concentrated on making it look nice. 

After he was finished he wrapped the container in a cloth and scrolled down their texts to find Yongguk's workplace, he had mentioned he was renting a studio room within a larger studio not too far away.

Junhong tried not to get too concerned about whether Yongguk would find it unnecessary because he was well aware of how patient the elder was and how genuine he was.

So even though he was scared, he left his house determined to give his kimbap to his neighbour.

 

Junhong ignored the cold stares that his mind was making him wary about as he sped down the streets. His breath was heavy in his chest and he was almost regretting this.

But he had already texted Yongguk saying that he'd stop by so there was no turning back now. He arrived at the studio and puffed his cheeks before walking inside. 

He was instantly met with hot air and he blinked in surprise, the heater was going pretty strong despite November only just beginning. He shrugged and made his way inside.

Junhong padded up to the front desk and held up a slip of paper, asking for directions towards studio 1004. The woman gave him a strange look that Junhong was used to and she pointed to the left.

He bowed slightly and mouthed a thank you before walking in the direction she directed him to. Junhong took a deep breath once more and he tried to calm down his beating heart.

It was just something simple, he could do it. He nodded to himself and clenched his fist, his eyes widening when he saw the golden plate that read, "Studio 1004". 

Junhong whined internally and approached the closed door cautiously, he used his height to his advantage and peered through the sole pane of glass in the door and he glanced around.

There he can see Yongguk sitting in front of a large window pane, on the other side were two good looking guys who seemed to be singing together. Their hands on headphones as they focused, when they finished they excitedly spoke to Yongguk who gave them a thumbs up.

Junhong suddenly felt so small and he wondered how he could possibly interrupt. Yongguk seemed to be laughing loudly too, seeing the antics of the two behind the glass.

His hands trembled and he held the lunch box a little too tightly. To avoid looking suspicious Junhong headed towards the washroom in hopes to calm himself down. 

He walked inside with wide eyes, hoping that there was no one else inside. And luckily he was alone. Junhong let out the breath he was holding and rushed into one of the stalls.

His shaky hands locked the door behind him and he leaned onto the wall tiredly. A disgusting feeling welling up in his stomach as he tried to ignore his thoughts. 

Yongguk doesn't want you there.

If you walked in you'd just be a burden.

Maybe it'd be better if you just went home.

Junhong gasped and shook his head, letting his thoughts get the better of him. Without thinking twice he gripped the lunch box tight in his arms and rushed out of the washroom.

He stalked past the studio room without sparing it another glance. He couldn't find the courage to enter... Junhong practically ran home and he wanted to be in the comfort of his home.

His safe zone.

Once arriving home Junhong gently places the lunch box in front of Yongguk's door and he frantically unlocks his apartment door. He locks it behind him and runs down the hall before throwing himself onto his bed.

His loud thoughts keeping him from feeling the vibrations in his pocket.

 

Inside Out - The Chainsmokers

 

-----------------------

A/N

I do that a lot aha, when I'm about to do something or if I feel scared I hide in the washroom stall

Trying to calm myself down until I can leave LOL

Sorry this chapter is really fragmented ^^

Thank you to my commenters, readers, voters and subscribers~

I'll never get how you guys find this story cute XD I find it ironic, then again I'm practically Junhong

Please comment~ 

- Airi

P.S. Thank you for all the subs <3