Fireflies

Can You Hear Me?

Junhong returned to his apartment after his little exchange with his neighbour with a smile on his face and his hands held against his chest as he tried not to hypervenilate.

He was very very pleased with himself.

He was brave enough to step out of his shell a little bit even though it scared him. Thanks to that he managed to let one more person know his name, and it felt great.

Even though he hadn't done much and they barely exchanged any words, Junhong was now a part of Yongguk's life. He had made an imprint on someone else's life and that was amazing.

He didn't feel so alone.

Junhong decided that he deserved a celebration and so he skipped towards his kitchen, throwing his notebook down on the kitchen island before he searched his cupboards for appropiate ingredients.

Sweets were his favourite things and he felt like making some small banana loafs, with chocolate chips hopefully. He nodded to himself as he pulled out the necessary things and he reached into his freezer for the black over ripe bananas he stored for banana bread.

Junhong smiled to himself as he mixed together all of the ingredients in one big bowl, not even caring to measure because he'd done it too many times by now. He then pulled out his favourite sillicone mini loaf pan and sprayed it down with some baking spray.

Junhong placed it onto a cookie sheet and placed it into his oven, setting a time on his phone before pocketing it. He'd know when it was done when he felt the vibrations.

Stretching he then thought about what to put together for dinner, it was nearing evening and he wanted to put together something simple. He opened the fridge and peered inside.

Junhong's eyes widened and he froze for a moment, he had no cherry tomatoes left. Without even bothering to check on what else he could make with what he had left he was already grabbing his coat and keys along with his wallet.

 

As he's walking around the supermarket he feels slightly self conscious as usual, he forgot to bring his ear buds with him. So if anything happened, he wouldn't have an excuse.

He quickly rushed to the appropiate aisle and held his go to brand of cherry tomatoes in his hands. A small smile on his face as he thought of the number of days this would last him.

Junhong turned to head towards the cash register and he gasped when he bumped into someone else. Panic flashed through his mind as he wondered how he was going to apologize and his eyes widened when he saw a familiar gummy smile.

"I'm sorry Junhong-sshi, are you alright?" Yongguk said with a small laugh and Junhong wondered what he found so funny. Nonetheless he nodded and looked down to the container, thankful that it wasn't dented.

"I'm surprised to see you grocery shopping so late." Yongguk's smile was kind and Junhong began fantasizing about what the man's voice sounded like. Junhong's eyes flickered down to his neighbour's basket which was filled with ramyun and a single container of minced garlic.

"Ah, I tend to come home from work really late. Or I'm always working late, so I get too lazy to cook. And ramyun is a gift from the gods you see." Junhong instantly shook his head and Yongguk's smile turned into a pout.

Junhong placed his cherry tomatoes in Yongguk's basket and pulled out his phone, quickly typing down something onto his phone. He then held his breath and turned the device around so that Yongguk could read it.

"I don't mind cooking for two. You can join me." Yongguk read a loud and seeing Junhong's shocked expression made him chuckle. His neighbour leans forward with a playful smile and he takes Junhong's phone out of his hand.

"Well if we'll be dining together, I'd best get your number hmm?" 

 

Fireflies - Owl City

 

------------------------------

A/N

I'm back es

- Airi

P.S. Skydive M/V (GO WATCH IT)