It's All In Vain

Can You Hear Me?

Although it had happened a number of days ago Junhong hadn't actually gotten over the fact that he had completely made a fool out of himself in front of a beautiful stranger.

In moments like these he was reminded why he didn't bother connecting with society and why he was better off all alone, even if he didn't want to be. He sighed and leaned further into his couch.

Junhong closed his eyes as he snuggled into the worn fabric, his body slumping into the shape of the couch with ease. His mind wandered back to the last time he spoke.

It wasn't exactly long ago but it wouldn't be considered recent either, since he chose not to speak. Junhong had resulted to lip reading and communicating through his notebook which was much easier than it sounded.

Junhong had always been showed by numerous movies and anime that not speaking would cause him to get bullied or made fun of. But that never happened. Everyone was always very understanding of his situation and he had a few friends while in school.

But of course, these friends weren't real.

They were simply very polite people who took pity on his lack of senses, and although Junhong knew that he was still deeply grateful that they spoke to him and included him as much as they could.

A sudden thud caused him to jump and he looked around his apartment with fear ridden eyes. Junhong's heart beat loudly in his ears and he took deep breaths to calm himself down.

He stood up and gently approached the wall, touching the plaster with his finger tips. To his surprise there was something behind the wall, as though it was causing the plaster to jump forward and touch his fingers.

Could something be happening to his neighbour?! Panicked, Junhong ran over to his notebook and didn't think twice before he ran out the front door.

 

Yongguk watched in utter disbelief as Daehyun knocked his head against the wall for the nth time. And he wasn't going lightly mind you, the idiot was literally slamming his head against the wall to the point Yongguk thought he'd see a dent soon.

"Dae stop, you're gonna break my wall." Yongguk huffed and he reached over to pry the younger away but was only rewarded with manly squawks and flailing arms.

"But hyung! You're supposed to be on my side!" Daehyun whined, looking up at the elder with betrayal in his eyes. Yongguk shook his head to himself and swore to never associate with this idiot couple again.

"I am on your side Daehyunnie." he said in a sickenly sweet tone lined with all kinds of false intentions. Daehyun then pointed accusingly at the wall and he accidentally punched it so he wailed in pain before resuming his act.

"Then why are you agreeing to shelter my boyfriend when I'm right here?!" Daehyun shouted and Yongguk winced at the loud sound, note to self, never argue with a moody vocalist.

"First of all Daehyun, Youngjae's in the room over there, so you've been banging your head on my neighbour's wall. And second, Youngjae asked for a place to stay so I gave it to him?" he said with a sigh as Daehyun crawled over to the other wall.

"Just go visit him at the door, he's mad at you anyway." Yongguk was irritated at this point and Daehyun pouted at him as if it was going to work. The elder didn't even know what the couple was doing at his apartment anyway.

Youngjae arrived earlier that day with a bag in hand and a scowl on his face, he walked in and asked for a place to stay and Yongguk didn't mind. He then shoved his phone into Yongguk's rice barrel (to his discontent but he washes the rice whenever he cooks it anyway) and shut himself into the guest room.

A few minutes later Daehyun arrived yelling for his loved one. When they discovered the door to Youngjae was locked, Daehyun decided to invade Yongguk's room and "annoy" Youngjae till he was chased out of the room.

And here they were.

"Daeh-! , look what you did." Yongguk groaned when he heard knocking at his door. He knew that a neighbour who didn't care about noise was too good to be true.

"You. Behave." Daehyun flinched at the order and slumped down onto the floor, lying like he'd just been killed. Yongguk then wiped the sweat forming on his forehead (fighting with Daehyun was hard work) and jogged to his front door.

Yongguk opened the door in a heartbeat and he could've sworn his visitor jumped in shock. His eyes widened when he looked at the beauty he'd seen in the forest and he wondered if the gods were blessing him.

The stranger didn't look more than 20 years old, and he was wearing a large knitted sweater over a pair of joggers. He was insanely tall and his eyes were bright, he was holding a notebook and a pen in his hands.

Yongguk wasn't exactly sure what to say and so he simply just stared although a simple question asking why he was there would've been sufficient enough. The stranger looked around before opening his notebook.

"I felt thumping on the wall, is everything alright?" he read aloud and the neighbour seemed flustered that he did so. Well at least his mysterious neighbour finally had a face.

"Yeah, everything's fine. My friend is being a pain, I'm sorry if it disturbed you." Yongguk apologized and he watched as the young man shook his head and struggled to write down another sentence.

Somehow seeing the boy in front of him was striking so many different chords Yongguk couldn't think straight. Just seeing the way he carried himself and the way he hide himself made Yongguk want to see all sides of him.

Yongguk guessed that he was staring really intensely because his neighbour began shifting awkwardly and he took a deep breath before writing down two simple words.

"I'm deaf- oh sorry." Yongguk wasn't sure why he apologized but he wondered if his neighbour thought he was judging him for speaking through a notebook. That wasn't the case at all.

"Uh well I'm Bang Yongguk, nice to officially meet you." Yongguk introduced himself hesitantly since he didn't feel right letting the neighbour leave without knowing his name.

His neighbour had a light pink dusting his cheeks as he hastily scribbled down what Yongguk hoped was his name. He quietly held up the notebook in front of him with a shy smile.

"Choi Junhong, nice to see you again." 

 

It's All In Vain - WET

 

--------------------------------

A/N

No clue where this fic is going but oh well XD

It's almost at 100 subs yet there's only 9 comments LOL how does that work :p

Junhong only jumped to conclusions in the first scene because he was startled and that lead to paranoia, he's usually not that impulsive

Some things are a lil different from the drabble but that was expected :3

Also, I'll be trying to update If I Believe You soon, so look out for that~

Thank you to my commenters, subscribers, voters and readers!

Please comment >.< and it'd be phenomenal if I reached 100 subs by the next time I update ;A;

- Airi

P.S. if you're a kaisoo reader please check out my kaisoo~ it's at 99 subs rn T^T

Outlaws and my other one LOL Grey Zone