Hello

Can You Hear Me?

Junhong wandered around his apartment before he decided to take a walk outside. It was well into October and he had celebrated his birthday not too long ago, his birthday consisted of small cards sent by his company and a long email from his parents.

He ate the muffins he had made for his neighbour that day, and he still felt a little uneasy whenever he remembered that he hadn't introduced himself yet but he tried not to think about it.

He'd do it tomorrow.

Junhong fumbled around his drawers for an appropiate outfit, he jogged to the door and stuck his arm outside to see how cold it was before rushing back to his room. He went with a thick brown knitted cardigan with a white turtle neck underneath and he wore a simply pair of black jeans with it.

He plopped a beanie on his head before grabbing his keys. Junhong took a deep breath before he left the comfort of his apartment, a pair of earbuds in his ears. He didn't actually use them of course, it was more so to keep neighbours from conversing with him.

Junhong locked the door and glanced over to his neighbours door curiously. He remained still for a moment, strange fantasies of who lived next door to him were making him distracted.

He shook his head and proceeded to exit the apartment. 

 

Junhong nuzzled into his turtle neck awkwardly before realizing that wasn't something he could pull off. He simply stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked solemnly.

There was a quaint forest trail behind his apartment complex and he often found himself here. The leaves had only just begun changing colour so he felt it was time to visit nature again.

Junhong could feel the cool autumn air on his face and he could smell the leaves in the air. The fresh scent of crushed leaves and leftover rainwater filling his nostrils. 

But at these moments he wished he could the sound of the leaves beneath his feet.

He had been so concentrated on the scenery around him that he hadn't seen the stranger passing by him, nor did he see the way that the stranger looked at him like he had never seen someone so intriguing before.

As Junhong walked deeper and deeper into the forest and closer to the next neighbourhood he felt a tap on his shoulder. Alarmed he turned around a little too fast, eyes wide as he stared into dark orbs.

The stranger seemed to be just as surprised, muttering an apology as he scratched the back of his head. Junhong breathed deeply to calm himself down and he pulled out his buds as he looked at the stranger.

The slightly older man was wearing a large black hoodie and a pair of grey joggers. The clothes looking too large on his lean body. Junhong noticed the way he hid his hands with the long sleeves and he saw the way the man contemplated what he wanted to say next.

"I didn't mean to startle you... I umm, you dropped this back there." the man said with a smile playing on his lips, Junhong could swear that he saw a faint gummy smile hiding beneath those pretty lips.

He looked down at the object in the man's hand and saw none other than his bracelet. Junhong unconsciously reached under his sleeve to touch his wrist, it wasn't there.

Junhong took it back from the stranger gently. And he knew that it was only polite to thank him, but Junhong currently had no notebook on him. He didn't have his cell phone either.

He clenched his fists and ducked his head down as he closed his eyes. Junhong felt his heart beating wildly and a nauseous feeling welled up inside of his stomach.

"T-thank y-yo-you!" he managed to say before he ran home.

 

Hello - SHINee

 

--------------------------------------

A/N

Junhong's routine is my routine XD every morning I stick my arm outside to see what I should wear for the day LOL

A really short chapter aha, I wanted to give y'all a lil something since I haven't updated in a long time :3

Thank you to my commenters, voters, readers and subscribers!

This story'll probs be a lil slow paced ^^

Please comment~ I wanna know what y'all think

- Airi

P.S. Their apartment building is literally this by the way, it's not really an apartment but yeah. Yongguk is on the top floor at the very end while Junhong is on left/right :D

P.S.S. If y'all ship kaisoo pls check out my kaisoo fics, it'd mean a lot ^^

Outlaws, Grey Zone (this one was supposed to be for bangdae tbh, but I already did something similar with Blue Neighbourhood. My bangdae readers will have to wait a lil longer for another chaptered bangdae fic ;-;)

P.S.S. SHINee's back and fly af, and I'm absolutely in love with Home by Ailee <333