Backwoods

Can You Hear Me?

Junhong was a content child. He was born deaf however he always felt like he had enough in life. His parents had tried to dote on him too often and he'd seen his mother cry more times then he could count.

But he was okay.

He'd been out of high school for about two years now and he was living life as an editor for different companies. He wasn't required to interact and he wasn't required to answer any phonecalls.

Junhong barely ever left his home but he didn't mind. He was comfortable inside where he couldn't make people uncomfortable and where pitiful glances couldn't reach him.

What other life could he lead if not this one?

He shifted on his chair as he pushed up his glasses, eyes focused on the bright screen in front of him. Junhong was currently editing a story about a couple whom met each other at a concert.

There were a number of things he did not understand within the story. He couldn't understand the act of going to a concert and he couldn't understand the concept of love.

Junhong was well aware of the love he received from his parents but he was never able to experience the love of a significant other. People had always been cautious around him and he definitely did not go to parties or clubs.

He wasn't exactly making any efforts to meet anyone but then again he felt he didn't need that. It'd come to him when the time was right. For now, he'd wait. 

Junhong sighed and removed his glasses before rubbing his eyes tiredly. It was almost 11 pm perhaps he should turn in for tonight. Without a second thought he was making his way to the washroom to freshen up before bed.

He threw himself into his bed and snuggled up tight before he sighed. And that night Junhong fell asleep in silence like he always did, unable to hear the sound of his own breath.

 

Yongguk was never satisfied. He was always striving to pursue what he was passionate about and although he didn't have much support for his dream he was still fighting to achieve it.

He had dropped out of his first year in University upon learning that the Botanical Sciences were not for him. He began to slowly begin his music career with nothing more than the guitar in his brother's room and the keyboard in his friend's house.

Yongguk now sold numerous works to various companies and he was finally able to move into a better home, one much closer to the heart of Seoul. And he was also moving because his previous landlord and neighbours had complained about the music from his room too often.

The male was quite socially awkward and he chose to work from home. His new home which was being set up by himself and his best friend Daehyun, his friend's boyfriend Youngjae had offered to help as well.

The two sang his demo tracks and he was more than thankful. Yongguk wasn't exactly confident in his vocals and with his cave like voice there was no chance that he could hit those high notes but the two had been there to help.

"Hyung, can I leave this here? It's the last box." Daehyun huffed as Youngjae opened the door for him, Yongguk stood up and stepped away from the box he was trying to cut open to help his friend.

"Yeah, thanks Daehyun, Youngjae. I'll buy you guys some food or something." Yongguk chuckled and Youngjae mumbled something about how it was fine but Daehyun took the offer instantly.

"It's late, so drive home safely alright?" Yongguk said to them as he walked the couple to the door. Daehyun tripped over one of the boxes near the wall and he shrieked as he slammed into the wall.

"Daehyun! It's 11 at night, be quiet!" Youngjae scolded and Yongguk simply shrugged. The landlord had told him that he'd have no restrictions in blasting his music. His neighbour didn't care and no one lived beneath him.

"Drive safe you two." Daehyun and Youngjae waved goodbye and Yongguk closed the door after making sure they had gotten in their vehicle alright. He sighed and looked around the empty apartment.

Yongguk solemnly walked towards his new room and the steps creaked beneath his footsteps. He glanced around in order to find the room and he frowned at the mattress on the floor, he'd have to assemble the bed frame tomorrow.

It took him only a few moments to get comfortable and he his sleep playlist. Soft music lulled him to sleep and Yongguk slept soundly, unable to imagine life any other way.

 

Backwoods - Bae Ho

 

---------------------------------

A/N

Finally wrote the first chapter :D which is also kinda like a prologue LOL

Sorry for the wait y'all >.< and for the song I only know this song cause of Mamamoo but I heard a snippet of the original and I love it

How is this at 65 subs LOL whut even

Thank you! <3

Please comment ;D

- Airi