Emotion

Can You Hear Me?

Junhong waved goodbye to Yongguk as they both went into their own respective apartments and the smile on his face remained as well as the giddy feeling in his chest as he threw himself onto his couch.

Yongguk had been steadily taking him out to places to help him overcome his fear of whatever laid outside of his home. It started with a trip to Yongguk's studio, followed by the supermarket and a park.

Today they went to the small ice cream stand near the Han river and Junhong had been smiling the entire time. Of course these little "dates" as he'd like to call them did not happen often.

Every few weeks Yongguk would send him a text asking whether he was comfortable with leaving his house sometime and Junhong would reply. He's so thankful to the elder and honestly so glad that he met him.

Yongguk had gotten used to how Junhong does things and what makes him uncomfortable, although Junhong wishes the elder weren't so cautious around him at the same time it was much appreciated.

Junhong honestly can't wait till he sees the elder again, although he knew his mind wasn't very into the idea of meeting so soon, he himself wanted it. He couldn't help it and he sent a text to the elder.

 

To: Yongguk

From: Junhong

Thank you for everything today hyung, I had a lot of fun! I was wondering whether you were free on Saturday?

 

Junhong stares at his screen with his breath held, Yongguk often replied instantly and it always made him feel at ease. A part of him feared that maybe he wasn't getting used to being outside but he was getting used to Yongguk being by his side.

 

To: Junhong

From: Yongguk

Oh? Are you inviting me out for once Junhong? ;) I am free, any ideas on where you wanna go? 

 

Junhong blushes furiously at the use of a winky emoji and considering Yongguk seldom uses them it makes his heart jump a little higher than usual. He purses his lips and thinks about it for a moment.

As he's brainstorming his phone shakes in his hands once more and he looks down at the screen with wide eyes. He sees an email notification from some online makeup store and rolls his eyes, instantly deleting it.

 

To: Yongguk

From: Junhong

How about the zoo hyung? I always skipped out on school field trips because of... well, I never really got to go to one and I'd like to, is that alright?

 

To: Junhong

From: Yongguk

Of course we can, there's one not too far from here. I'll see you on Saturday Junhong, make sure you put on some sunscreen!

 

Junhong grins like a child and huddles his phone close to his chest, feeling very excited about their outing that was in just two days. He stared at his clock with a pout, wanting time to go faster.

 

Junhong holds his notebook between his thighs as he zips up his bag, checking to make sure he had his wallet, water and extra markers before doing so. A smile is on his face and he can't wait to see Yongguk.

Like the elder had told him to, he was thoroughly coated in a thin layer of sunscreen and he was dressed freely. It was currently March and although it wasn't fully warm yet today's weather was described as hot.

He steps out of his apartment and waddles over to Yongguk's door, he pushes the doorbell and waits with a smile on his face. Junhong steps back in confusion when the door slams open and he sees multiple heads and bodies topple over onto the floor.

He can't hear what they're saying of course but judging how they're moving around and flailing their limbs he can tell they're grumbling and angry. Yongguk emerges from within with a tired smile on his lips and his hands on his hips.

"Junhong morning, come on in just step over them." Yongguk waves his hand in a nonchalant manner and Junhong does as he's told, his long legs making it easy to cross the sea of bodies.

Junhong sits himself down on the couch and he's happy to see that Yongguk is packed for the day as well, but he also sees a cooler and other bags which raises his eyebrow in confusion.

"Junhong! We've heard so much about you! I hope you don't mind that we're coming along with you. Yongguk didn't tell us and when we came over to drag him out for coffee here he was." a pretty looking man says in a swift sentence and Junhong has to process his words.

"Junhong-sshi we meet again." the one who he recognizes as Youngjae greets him as Daehyun stands beside him. Yongguk sighs and he shakes his head, waving at his friends.

"Get out, you're making him uncomfortable." Yongguk says with a frown and the pretty one rolls his eyes before he sits on Yongguk's coffee table situated in front of Junhong.

"I'm Himchan, he's Jongup. I can tell that you've met Daehyun and Youngjae." Himchan introduces them and Junhong opens his notebook to scribble down his own introduction.

"I hope it's alright for us to come along. It's not like Yongguk hyung has his license anyways." Jongup says with a smirk and Yongguk erupts in the background. 

"Junhong it's okay if you're not okay with them coming. Just tell me." Yongguk says to him seriously and Junhong thinks about it for a moment. He's terrified to be around so many people he doesn't know.

But if Yongguk is friends with them than they can't be that bad right? He nods his head and despite Yongguk's shocked and proud smile they're all shuffled into Daehyun's van.

In the car Himchan takes the wheel and when he turns on the radio everyone looks at Junhong in worry. The person in question however isn't even paying attention and when he turns back Daehyun and Himchan are both fighting and yelling for some reason.

He can't help it and he laughs at the sight, the sound foreign to everyone's ears. Yongguk watches the younger laughing with a fond smile and his heart feels warm as he laughs along.

 

Yongguk and Junhong were both sitting alone on a bench as they watched Daehyun and Youngjae playing with the small rodents at the petting zoo. Youngjae was poking a guinea pig while Daehyun was snuggling with a rabbit.

The two were sending warning glares to children who questioned their parents why two grown men were playing with fluffy animals. And when they started kissing even more questions arose.

They'd spent the whole day walking around to different exhibits, seeing multiple animals and some weren't outside due to their own sensitivity to hot weather which they respected.

Himchan and Jongup had left them a moment ago saying that they wanted to revisit the elephants since Jongup had gotten emotionally attached to one. Junhong looked over to Yongguk who was laughing at his friends and he smiled.

He gripped his notebook and took an exaggerated breath which just so happened to startle Yongguk beside him before he stood up. Yongguk watched as the younger stood in front of him.

"J-junhong?" Yongguk asked and Junhong didn't bother replying. Instead, he turned to that special page hidden in the middle of his notebook, where he'd written the question he'd been wanting to ask Yongguk for the past few days.

Junhong found it quicker than he'd expected and he looked deep into the elder's eyes for a moment. He then flipped around his notebook and the moment Yongguk's eyes began reading his words he felt like time froze.

 

I like you, will you be my boyfriend Yongguk hyung?

 

His fears all rush out of his head when he sees a beautiful gummy smile pulling itself onto Yongguk's lips and the elder nods at him. Junhong closes his notebook and he jumps in excitement.

"Of course I will be Junhong." Yongguk says with his cheeks starting to hurt with how much he's smiling. Junhong gives the elder a hug and Yongguk presses a shy kiss against his forehead.

"You know Junhong, I wanted to be the one who asked the question." he said with a pout and Junhong could only laugh at him, mouthing apologies as he did so.

 

Emotion - Mamamoo

 

-----------------------

A/N

Psssst 2 more chapters

- Airi