Fallingforyou

Can You Hear Me?

Yongguk hadn't seen or heard from Junhong in weeks. It was strange, feeling such absence from someone he'd only met so long ago. Junhong was quiet but his presence was like no other, he made Yongguk feel calm.

But after their last encounter he couldn't find the courage to meet his neighbour. He kept repeating the scene in his head and it was driving him insane, to know that he himself was the cause of Junhong's tears.

"Yongguk hyung?" Youngjae calls from the other room, they were currently working in Yongguk's studio. Daehyun glanced at his lover with a worried expression and Yongguk appeared in the doorway not too long after.

"Sorry, I haven't finished the lyrics for Fermata yet." Yongguk mumbles as he scratches his head. Youngjae smiles at him reassuringly and pats the beanbag beside him.

"Come hyung, you look like you need an ear." Daehyun pats his thigh as though that was a seat choice as well and Yongguk ignores him, immediately walking over to one of three beanbags he had in there.

"Something happened at the club huh," Youngjae states nonchalantly and Yongguk doesn't bother trying to deny it. Even Jongup had noticed his different behaviour and if that kid did then he was being obvious.

"Is this about your friend?" Daehyun asks as he lounges on the bean bag which results in him falling off, he gets back on as though nothing happened. Yongguk runs his hand down his face and purses his lips.

"I just don't think we're meant to be friends. We're way too different. I keep screwing up." Yongguk mumbles and he hopes the couple will leave it at that, he closes his eyes and sighs.

"I'm sure you apologized hyung, but if he isn't forgiving you then maybe yeah, you're not meant to be friends." Youngjae says bluntly and Yongguk nods at this, he'd considered it a few times after all.

"So going back to Himchan hyung's question, do you like him like you like us? Or do you Like him?" Daehyun's question makes Yongguk visibly uncomfortable and the younger raises an eyebrow.

"We haven't really gotten to know each other on that level yet." Yongguk answers and he fiddles with his fingers. Youngjae offers him a sympathetic smile and he pats his shoulder.

"You know hyung, sometimes you don't have to know a person to like them. But when you get to know them, that's when you fall in love." Youngjae smiles at him and Daehyun agrees.

"I fell in love at first sight hyung, and look where I am now." Daehyun says as though it's something to be amazed at. Youngjae rolls his eyes and sighs, but he can't help but agree.

"It was a long 3 months of having you and the others play out different scenarios for me to go out on a date with him." Youngjae laughs and Yongguk groans at the memory. 

Because Daehyun didn't consider that if Youngjae saw the same people each time he wouldn't suspect that they were Daehyun's friends.

"We'll be heading out now, take care hyung. Call if you need us." Daehyun glances at the clock and Youngjae stands up. Yongguk rises as well, getting ready to walk them to the door.

"Thanks Daehyun, Youngjae. Take care on your way home." both of them receive a loose hug from the elder before the door is closed. Youngjae and Daehyun loiter in front of Yongguk's apartment for a moment, simply leaning on the railing.

"Yongguk hyung is befriending his neighbour right?" Daehyun says out loud as Youngjae nods. The two of them had no doubt seen a familiar name on Yongguk's contact list, that being the name on the small plate beside the neighbour's door.

"Wanna do something unnecessary?" Youngjae asks, tilting his head towards his boyfriend. Daehyun smiles and he's already walking towards the neighbour's door without answering. 

Youngjae knocks on the door gently and hopes that the neighbour is home. Otherwise their time is wasted, considering they could be halfway home by now. Luckily the door does open, revealing a good looking young man.

"Hey, we're friends of Yongguk hyung's. I'm Daehyun and he's Youngjae." Daehyun introduces them and Junhong looks at them with wide eyes, visibly questioning why the hell they were in front of his door.

"Look, we know that Yongguk hyung screwed up. We don't know how, since he won't tell us. But I hope that you'll give him a chance to redeem himself." Youngjae says and they both watch in confusion as Junhong walks into his home and comes back out scribbling on a notebook.

"I'll text him later, the misunderstanding was mostly on my part after all." Daehyun reads aloud and Junhong seems uncomfortable that he did so, Youngjae rolls his eyes and hits his shoulder.

"We didn't mean to pry but Yongguk hyung is important to us and it's been so long since he tried to become friends with someone." Youngjae smiles and Junhong returns the gesture but he can't help but see Daehyun's questioning eyes.

"I'm deaf." he scribbles down quickly and the couple's eyes widen. They had simply thought he was mute or had a weak voice, now they could understand why Yongguk is struggling so much.

"Junhong-sshi, have you ever read Yongguk hyung's lyrics?" Daehyun asks and Junhong simply shakes his head. He smiles before gesturing whether he can take the notebook or not and it's handed over.

"In case you ever feel like Yongguk hyung is a little too far away, his lyrics will give you some perspective. He doesn't speak his mind often, but he's a man of heart." Daehyun says softly and he returns the book after writing down a few titles.

"We're sorry to have bothered you, it's completely unnecessary and intrusive of us but we care about our hyung a lot. And it's clear that he cares about you too." Youngjae grins and Junhong shakes his head before he writes down a sentence.

"No, I'd like to thank you. I want to become good friends with Yongguk-sshi as well." Junhong smiles brightly at them and they nod before bowing goodbye. Junhong does the same and he closes the door.

"What would he do without us?" Daehyun says as he winds his arm around Youngjae's waist. The smaller laughs and holds his boyfriend, feeling comfortable in his hold.

"He should be thankful he has meddling friends. I didn't expect Junhong-sshi to be deaf though, no wonder Yongguk hyung is having trouble." Youngjae mumbles and they reach the parking lot below.

"Well doesn't that tell you how much he cares for him then? I think they'll be a great pair of friends." Daehyun states and Youngjae agrees.

 

Junhong keeps running the scene that just occured in his head. The last that he'd been expecting was for Yongguk's friends to show up at his door, he could easily tell they weren't put up to it though.

He envied the elder for having such great friends. Junhong looks down at the foreign writing in his notebook and he looks up at his computer screen, he could put aside his editing for a moment.

He'd been a mess of emotions the last time he'd seen Yongguk. He knew that the elder was drunk however, that night, when he received a phone call, it was incredibly shocking.

The very fact that Yongguk had even tried calling him felt like an insult. It made him angry at himself, that he couldn't answer a simple phone call, that something so natural wasn't able to be done.

Junhong could tell the elder was full of guilt after realizing what he had done but he'd been overwhelmed by his emotions. His thoughts were louder after all, they were all that he could hear.

He'd been left alone with his thoughts and the deafening silence that was his daily life and he had long forgiven Yongguk. But he knew that due to his own shunning and avoidance, Yongguk didn't know that.

He hoped that Daehyun and Youngjae's suggestion could help him find the courage to face Yongguk once more. He was well aware that there was something more than friendship between them but at the same time there was less.

Junhong shook his head and decided to leave his thoughts blank as he began typing in the first song suggestion. It was a song called Q and it seemed to be one of Yongguk's hidden works because it was hard to find.

 

Alright, even if I want to ask

I hide what I want to say within my red lips and make up lies again while having my mouth shut tight

 

The night sky looks dejected and this image of you appears sad; the clothes beside you are crinkled

I want to ask who you seem to be longing for, why you're crying silently, and why there's no one beside you

Despite looking lonely, I can't comfort you and when you sadly swallow that pill in your left hand

That's when the lies pretend to not know anything and this is how I'll comfort yourself

I don't know what to say no more

 

Junhong reads the words with a sad smile on his lips. And he can see 2 other songs on the list but he decides not to read them just yet. He wonders what goes through Yongguk's mind for him to write such sad lyrics.

He knows he can't run away from Yongguk forever. He doesn't want to. He doesn't want their friendship to end, not when it hasn't really begun. He'd been too afraid all along, while Yongguk had been nothing but patient and warm to him.

Junhong nods to himself and reaches for his phone with shaky hands. He slowly opens the conversation between him and Yongguk and he takes a deep breath as he types a simple message. 

He holds his breath as he presses send and Junhong throws his phone onto his bed. Trying to cradle his long legs on his wheely chair but it's proving to be quite difficult. 

His eyes widen when he sees his phone light up and he holds his head in shock, he isn't sure whether he's ready to read Yongguk's reply. Junhong slaps his cheeks and clenches his fists, pouting his lips as he hypes himself up.

Junhong carefully steps off of his chair and makes his way to the bed. Acting as though he wasn't anxious about the text at all as he carefully crosses his legs and places a pillow in his lap.

He finally picks up his phone and it takes him another minute or so to actually unlock his phone. Junhong squints his eyes at the screen and reads over Yongguk's simple words with a heavy heart.

 

To: Yongguk

From: Junhong

I'm ready to talk to you again, I'm sorry about the other day... it wasn't your fault.

 

To: Junhong

From: Yongguk

You have no idea how good it is to hear from you Junhong. How have you been these past weeks? Have you been taking care of yourself?

 

To: Junhong

From: Yongguk

No need to apologize to me Junhong, I knew I did something wrong and I've accepted that my wrongdoings. I'm sorry.

 

Junhong bites his lips and he wonders how lucky he is to have someone like Yongguk willing to be so kind to him. He sniffles and hurries a reply, wanting Yongguk to know that he's been forgiven.

If there's any way to lighten the uneasiness in Yongguk, he wants to be able to do so.

 

To: Yongguk

From: Junhong

I've forgiven you long ago Yongguk hyung

 

To: Junhong

From: Yongguk

Thank you, I won't make a mistake like that again. 

How've you been Junhong?

 

To: Yongguk

From: Junhong

I've been relatively well, these weeks have been the same. 

 

To: Yongguk 

From: Junhong

How about you hyung?

 

To: Junhong

From: Yongguk

I've been doing fine, it's quite late though. You're usually asleep as this time, we'll talk tomorrow okay?

 

To: Yongguk 

From: Junhong

Okay hyung, good night!

 

To: Junhong

From: Yongguk

I'll text you right in the morning, so please don't disappear again. Sweet dreams Junhong-ah

 

Junhong clutches his phone to his chest at Yongguk's last text and he feels so apologetic. He bites his lips and his cheeks heat up as he covers himself in his duvet, his heart pounding.

He knows for sure that he's falling for Yongguk. There was no doubt about it.

 

Fallingforyou - The 1975

 

----------------------------------

A/N

I UPDATED, AND IT'S 2K WORDS Y'ALL

I'm amazing 

Majority of this is word gibberish and half the scenes aren't realistic but at least my characters know that xD AKA daejae

I meant it when I replied to all your distressed comments LOL the angst is over for these two :D

Now get ready for me to attack you with cuteness and domestic fluff

Also, please check out my daejae one shot ;D I'm extremely proud of it ;-; (warning there is )

Thank you so much to my commenters, readers, subscribers and voters! <3

- Airi

P.S. 4 chapters left ^^