Premonition

Boys, Boys, Boys III: Boy vs. Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT-raVIAT9A

Loco & Punch: Say Yes

------------------------------

The alarm rang at six in the morning.

Mark wanted to sleep in some more, but he knew that if he did, not only would he be late, but Yoonjung would be late for check-in also. He turned off the alarm and sat up as he rubbed his tired eyes. He looked around his bedroom and sighed.

This was probably the last time he would be sleeping in here. He was moving into an apartment now, and after that, he would buy a house for himself…and most likely Yoonjung.

The idea of marrying and living with the first love of his life caused his lips to split apart into a grin that was too wide for this busy morning.

Mark got out of bed and went into the bathroom. He would allow Yoonjung to sleep in a little more.

After washing up, Mark came out and called Yoonjung.

“Hello?” Her morning voice was husky and y as hell in his ears.

“Hi, baby. You need to start getting ready.”

“It’s morning already?” Yoonjung sighed unhappily.

"I’ll be at your place by eight,” Mark promised.

“Okay. See you soon.” Yoonjung hung up.

Mark dressed, sprayed cologne on himself, and looked around to make sure he hadn’t missed anything. That’s right. I can’t forget this. Mark took both signature photos from his bedside. Mom, it’s my second year of college. Wish me luck, and protect Yoonjung. I know you’ll watch over her, too. He looked at the photo of Yoonjung, and his smile widened. “See you soon, baby.” He kissed the photo and put both of the frames in his backpack.

Once he was sure he had everything, he headed downstairs.

“Oh, are you leaving right now?” One of the maids asked. “What about breakfast?”

“He’s leaving without saying good-bye to his parents? That’s rude,” his stepmother mocked in the dining room.

The maid looked abashed and guilty.

“I’m going to eat out. Thank you,” Mark kindly told the maid before forcing his way to the dining table.

His father flipped the newspaper to the next page and didn’t even glance up as he asked, “Going to school now?”

“Yes,” Mark replied.

“It’s your third year of college. You should think about your grades and try not to dishonor your father,” his stepmother snidely remarked.

Mark gave her an irritated look. “It’s my second year of college, and I’ve been getting straight A’s all this time.”

“Are you boasting? That’s dishonorable,” his stepmother quipped.

Mark clenched his fists tightly by his sides and inhaled deeply. Ignore her. She’s not even worth your time. That’s what Yoonjung would have said. He looked at his father. “I’ll be going now.” He gave a little bow and turned to go.

His father lowered the newspaper at last. “I’ll be calling you in some time soon.”

Mark paused and looked back. This was news. His father hardly called him. He wasn’t even sure if his old man had his number. “For what?”

“What do you mean by that? You act like your father doesn’t care about you. He’s being ungrateful, honey,” his stepmother complained.

Both Mark and his father ignored her.

“For business. Go on. I need to get to work myself.” His father got up from the table and headed to his bedroom.

Business? He knows I want nothing to do with his company. He never even asked me to take it over, and he didn’t stop me when I said I was going into law instead. What business does he want with me? Mark wondered.

“Well? Aren’t you going?” His stepmother crossed her arms and stared disdainfully at him.

Mark gave her a dark look before curtly leaving. He was glad he was leaving the minefield of his stepmother’s offensive comments and didn’t look back as got into his car. 

Yoonjung kissed Banggeul for the umpteenth time.

She his soft fur and sighed, “I’m going to miss you so much.”

Banggeul her jaw, and Yoonjung smiled tenderly. “Yeah, I know you’ll miss me, too. While I’m away, take care of dad, okay? Make sure he’s always smiling, and protect the house from any unwanted visitors. You better not forget about me.” She burst into a fit of giggles as Banggeul her over and over again. “Mark is going to jealous of you. Come on. That’s enough now. I need some time with dad, too.”

Yoonjung grabbed her bag and hastened downstairs with Banggeul tagging along. She peeked into the kitchen and saw her father making breakfast. Yoonjung silently treaded towards him. Then she wrapped her arms around his waist from behind and leaned against his tall frame. Hugging him, she realized he had gotten thinner, and her heart sank with worry.

This is how it’s going to be from now on. Dad will be getting older…and I’ll be growing up away from him. It feels weird…and sad.

“Sweetie?” Her father glanced behind his shoulder at her.

Yoonjung put on a smile and looked up at him as she tried not to shed any embarrassing tears in front of him. Don’t cry. If you cry, dad will cry, and you don’t want that. “Don’t make too much.”

“That’s right. You said were you going to eat out with Mark,” her father said.

Maybe I should have told Mark that we should eat breakfast here, Yoonjung regretted. “I can still eat a little. I don’t want to miss your cooking.”

Her father smiled. “Set the table then.”

Yoonjung did as told, and her father brought scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon along with toast and jam. Yoonjung picked up the fork and took a bite of the eggs. “This is delicious. I’ll miss your cooking.”

“I’ll miss eating with you,” her father said.

At the thought of her father eating alone again, she choked up. Thinking about her father being all alone in this big house made her heart heavy. “Tell Ms. Lim to come over a lot,” Yoonjung said.

Her father chuckled, “Don’t worry about me. I’m a big boy. I can take care of myself.”

Yoonjung shoved more egg into to prevent her from crying out loud.

“Eat slowly, Yoonjung,” her father cautioned. Banggeul darted over and stood up with an imploring whine.

Yoonjung chuckled and rubbed his head. “Poor you. Dad won’t give you scraps.”

“I do…once in a while,” her father admitted.

“At least you have Banggeul,” Yoonjung said. Her father smiled and gently caressed the dog’s ears. “You’re right. At least I have Banggeul. He makes me laugh a lot like Janggeun did.”

Yoonjung smiled, silently thanking Mark for being thoughtful enough to get her such an adorable dog.

There was a honk outside.

“That must be Mark,” Yoonjung said. “You should go. Don’t keep him waiting.” Her father helped her carry her luggage outside.

Mark came out of the car and bowed ninety degrees. “Hello, Mr. Seo.”

“Nothing changes even after you two start dating,” her father laughed. “Hello, Mark. Are you ready for school?”

“Yes,” Mark replied. They started discussing law topics while Yoonjung said good-bye to Banggeul.

Yoonjung picked up her suitcase and hauled it to the trunk.

“Excuse me,” Mark polietly told her father before quickly helping Yoonjung pack everything into his trunk.

Her father watched them from behind and smiled with content and comfort. She’s definitely in good hands.

“Watch your hands, baby,” Mark told her quietly as he shut the trunk.

Yoonjung faced her father and smiled softly as tears prickled her eyes. “Dad…”

Her father embraced her. “Have another good semester. Be strong and work hard, but have some fun, too. Remember you’re welcome home anytime. I love you.”

“I love you, too, and I promise I’ll keep in touch.” Yoonjung squeezed him tightly.

Mark watched them with envy and awe. He had never received such unconditional love before and wondered what it would be like if he had such a strong bond with his own father. He couldn’t even imagine it.

Her father gently squeezed Mark’s shoulder. “I trust you to take good care of my daughter.”

“I will, sir. Don’t worry,” Mark assured. “Bye, dad.” Yoonjung waved.

Her father smiled and waved. Mark and Yoonjung went into his car, and she looked ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter