Betrayal

Boys, Boys, Boys III: Boy vs. Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXa7D0zLtUc

Aaron Yan: The Only Rose

--------------

Engagement party. Game over. Engagement party. Game over. Engagement party. Game over. 

Those four words repeatedly haunted Luhan. That was all he could think about now, even as he was running to clear his mind. His music stopped playing as he received a phone call. He slowed down and came to a stop. His heart stopped at the sight of Yoonjung’s name. He wasn’t the one who had lied to her, so why did he feel so guilty? He was so shameful that he had no heart to face her at the moment. 

Yoonjung stopped calling, but she sent a message instead. ‘Hey, Luhan! I was wondering if you wanted to grab lunch together. There’s this new chicken place that opened up near campus. It’s my treat this time. Let me know!’ 

Of course he wanted to go. More than anything, he wanted to spend time with her. But every time he saw her, he was at risk of exposing the truth. That her boyfriend was now some ’s fiance. It was either lie to protect her or tell the truth and hurt her. He didn’t want to do both. He didn’t want to lie to her or hurt her. 

‘Hey, Yoonjung. I’m sorry, but I have plans today. Let’s go next time. It will be my treat.’ He sent the message and continued running. He ran faster in hopes that he would black out with exhaustion once he was home. 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E-uCjSEn1c

Huh Gak: One Person

----------------
 

Luhan was losing his mind. For the past week, he had been avoiding Yoonjung, and it was driving him crazy. When he saw her on campus, he ran in the other direction. When she called to hang out, he had to come up with some bull about why he couldn’t. He hated how he had to distance himself from her. He hated Mark for putting him in such a rough spot, but most of all, he hated himself for being a coward.

“I bombed that test. You?” Chanyeol asked Luhan as they left the lecture hall. “I think I did okay.”

“Show off. Hey, want to go get dinner?”

“I-” Luhan’s phone rang, and he checked the caller ID. It was Yoonjung. 

, he thought as he tightened his grip on the phone.

“Pick up,” Chanyeol said. 

Luhan took a deep breath and answered, “Hey.”

 “Hey, Luhan! Remember that chicken place I talked about earlier this week? They’re doing some kind of event. Let’s go!”

Yes. Please. I want to go with you. Luhan forced himself to say, “Sorry...I have something to do.” 

“Oh...okay. Next time then?” 

“Yeah, of course. My treat.” 

“You always say that. It’ll be my treat, so no worries. Later, Luhan.” 

“Bye,” Luhan whispered and hung up.

“Was that Yoonjung?” Chanyeol asked. “Tell her to come over so we can get dinner together.”

“I forgot there’s something I have to do.” Luhan gently patted his shoulder. “Let’s grab dinner next time.” He slung his backpack over his shoulder and walked away. How many times have I rejected her this week? She’s not stupid. She’s going to figure it out. And I can’t keep this up anymore. I don’t want to be another Mark to her. I miss her. I want to see her. Seeing her photos on Instagram aren’t enough. Texting and calling aren’t enough. I want to be next to her. God, I’m losing my mind. I just...I love her. I love her so much that I’m so scared of hurting her the way JB and Mark did before. I don’t want to be another disappointment to her. 

Luhan stopped when he saw a pocha off campus. He wasn’t a soju person, but getting drunk seemed like the only exit out of this predicament. Luhan walked into the tent and sat at an empty table.

“What can I get ya?” The older woman asked as she popped her bubblegum.

“One bottle of soju, please.” “That’s it? No side dishes?”

“Um...no.” He wasn’t hungry.

The woman raised an eyebrow and popped her gum. “So you’re one of those, huh?” She went back to the counter and picked up some items. Minutes later, she was back with a bottle of soju, a soju glass, and some fish cake. “The fish cake is on the house. It’s the least I can do for a young man who was dumped. Just so you know, there are plenty of fish in the sea. She can’t be the only girl in this world.” She patted his shoulder roughly and went to serve another customer. 

There may be many girls in this world, but Yoonjung is the only one who shines to me. Luhan picked up the soju bottle, twisted the cap open, and poured himself a glass. He took a gulp and winced at the taste but poured himself another shot.  

 
 

 

Yoonjung laughed with Joohyuk and Dajung as they headed back to campus. They were on their way back from the chicken place. That place is going to get really popular. I should take Luhan before it gets anymore crowded.

Speaking of Luhan...She had hardly seen him all week. She thought she spotted him a couple times in the cafeteria, but he seemed to always be in a hurry. 

Yoonjung passed by a pocha and did a double take. Luhan…? What is he doing there? I thought he had plans...She watched him down a shot of soju. She assumed he was tipsy. He kept missing the bottle and grabbing air instead.

“Yoonjung?” “You coming?”

“Uh...actually, I have to do something real quick. You two go ahead,” Yoonjung said.

“You sure? We’ll come with you. It’s not safe for a girl to be out here alone at night,” Joohyuk said as he walked towards her.

“No, really, I’m fine. I’ll call you if I need backup. Don’t worry,” she assured. 

Dajung got the hint and yanked on Joohyuk’s arm. “Come on. If you want to play knight-in-shining-armor, walk me to my dorm.”

“But you’re a man. You don’t need any protection- yow!” 

Yoonjung chuckled as Joohyuk and Dajung started to squabble. Once they were gone, she entered the tent.

“What can I get ya?” The owner asked with a pop of her gum.

“Oh...I’m here for my friend…” Yoonjung pointed at Luhan with a meek smile.

“So it’s you. You’re the reason why he’s drinking his sorrows away.

” “Excuse me?”

The woman didn’t bother to elaborate, and she went to check on the chicken feet. 

Yoonjung shrugged it off and took the empty seat. “Hey. Luhan.” He looked up and did a double take. “Oh…” He pointed at her while holding the glass of soju. His expression softened with a goofy smile. “It’s Yoonjung. Seo Yoonjung.”

“Yeah…” Yoonjung tried not to laugh. “That’s my name, all right.”

“Hi, Yoonjung,” Luhan crooned with a shy wave. “Hi, Luhan,” Yoonjung chuckled.

“Wait.” Luhan suddenly straightened up, and he started to look upset. “You can’t be here. I can’t see you.” He covered his eyes, and she gave him a funny look. “Why not?”

“Shhh...secret…” Luhan put a finger to his mouth. “Big, bad secret…”

“O...kay. Luhan, how many bottles of soju did you have?” Yoonjung started to count, and her eyes bugged out. “Three?! Luhan, are you crazy?”

“Yes. Yes, I am.” Luhan suddenly grabbed her wrist and forced her to slap his cheek. “So hit me. Hurt me. Punish me.”

“Whoa, ouch, Luhan. Easy there.” Yoonjung gently twisted away. She put her hands in her lap and sighed as she looked at him with helplessness. “I’m guessing you had a rough day. Come on.” She took out her wallet to pay for his food. “I’ll take you back to your apartment. Try to wake up while I go pay.” She got up, but he caught her wrist and forced her back in her seat.

“Don’t leave me, Yoonjung,” Luhan begged.

“I’m not. I’m just trying to pay for you.” She got up again, but he pulled her back down, and this time, he forced her to turn towards him, and he locked her legs between his. He took both her hands and tightly held onto them, like he was going to drown if he let go of her.

“Don’t do anything for me. Don’t pay for me. Don’t take care of me. I want to be the one to do that. I want to pay for you. I want to take care of you. I want to protect you. I want to do everything for you, Yoonjung,” Luhan spoke with his eyes cast downwards in shame. 

Yoonjung had never seen Luhan so emotionally vulnerable before. He was always the reliable one, so it worried her that he looked like he was about to break down. “Luhan, is everything okay?”

“No...everything is just wrong.”

“What happened, Luhan? You know you can tell me everything.”

“I can’t.”

“Why not?”

“Because it’s a secret.”

“What’s this secret you keep talking about?” Yoonjung asked with furrowed eyebrows of concern. 

Luhan looked into her eyes and opened his mouth. When he saw her eyes, he couldn’t bear to tell her about Mark. So instead...he told her about himself. “I love you,” Luhan whispered. 

Yoonjung grew confused. “What did you say?”

“I’m in love with you...Seo Yoonjung.” He cupped the back of her head and pulled her in. Her eyes widened when her lips crashed against his. 

Luhan nipped her lips as he deepened the kiss with desperate tears cascading down his cheeks. I look at you, and I just love you. It terrifies me what I would do for you...and it hurts me that I may not be perfect enough for someone so beautiful like you. 

 
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc6kSqs7k0w

IU: I Give You My Heart

-----------

Luhan woke up with a banging headache. He groaned as he got on his elbows and knees on his bed. He clutched onto his head in hopes that the room would stop spinning already. How much did I freaking drink last night? And how the hell did I get home? 

His brain chose that exact moment to bring the memori

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter