New Hero

Boys, Boys, Boys III: Boy vs. Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gng_QRRobkU

Ben: Just Like a Dream

-----------

To call her...or not to call her...

Mark gazed at his phone with a thoughtful expression. After she hung up on him that night, he hadn’t attempted to call her again. He thought he should give her time and space, but he didn’t think he was right about anything anymore.

“Mark? Hello? I’m talking to you.”

Fingers snapped in the air, and he woke up from his hypnotic daze. He looked up, and for a second, he saw Yoonjung standing there with a glowing smile on his face. However, when he blinked again, she vanished and Tzuyu stood in her place. Mark’s face clouded with disappointment as he remembered he was here for Tzuyu’s dress fitting for their impending engagement.

“How do I look?” Tzuyu asked with a wide grin as she marveled over her lavender off-shoulder dress. She spun around to check out her back and tilted her head in satisfaction. “I think it’s the best one out of the seven I tried on. What do you think?” She faced Mark, but he was preoccupied with his phone once again. 

Tzuyu frowned. She had enough of his rude behavior. She wasn’t the type to be ignored, and she hated how distracted he was when this was her moment. 

Tzuyu nodded for the employees to scatter, and they quickly exited the room. She walked up to Mark and snatched his phone away. He looked up with an irritated glare. “You better give that back to me.”

Instead of doing that, she examined his screen, and her expression became icy at Yoonjung’s name. “Her, again. When will you be over her?”

Mark swiftly stood up and yanked his phone away from her hand. “Never,” he replied as he walked over to the window to get some space. 

Tzuyu wouldn’t leave him alone though. She followed him and demanded, “We’re getting engaged in less than a week now.”

“Don’t ing remind me,” Mark growled.

“Does your little girlfriend know this fact?” She asked, and when he spun around with livid eyes, she smirked widely. “So she doesn’t. Poor girl. She’s about to receive the heartbreak of her life. If you don’t want to break the news to her, I’ll be glad to-”

Mark seized her by the throat and slammed her into the opposite wall. Tzuyu’s eyes were so wide that they were almost popping out of their sockets. She hated to admit it, but she was scared. He looked so lethal, and if she said one more word, she knew he would do something he could never take back. “Don’t. Say. A. Single. Word. To. Her.”

A drastic pause later, he hissed, “I don’t want you anywhere near my girl. Do you understand?” 

Tzuyu didn’t say anything, but she glared at him in bewilderment.

Mark released her and walked out of the room. 

Tzuyu fell onto the floor, and tears of embarrassment spilled down her face. If you humiliate me, I’ll pay you back by hurting her a thousand times. Just you watch, Mark Tuan. I always get things done my way, and the same will go for you. 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_JoSi3-ky8

Luhan: Your Song

---------------
 

Yoonjung was on the verge of disconnecting her phone. All it did was distract her and fill her with hope. Call me. No, don’t call me. Call me. No, don’t call me. Call me. No, don’t call me! With a growl of frustration, she sank her head into her arms and stayed like that for a long time.

It was a warm afternoon, and Yoonjung was in the dorm all by herself.

Once someone came in though, she would scatter. She still wasn’t on the best terms with her roommates.

A knock on the door made her sit up.

Yoonjung blinked with a guarded expression. No one usually came by here.

The knocking came again. Whoever was on the other side wasn’t leaving. Yoonjung approached the door and opened it. She was surprised to see Yejin standing there along with a few other girls in their hall. Darn it. What did I “do” this time? She asked, “Can I help you?”

“No...we’re here for…” Yejin looked awkward as she glanced around.

“Yes?” Yoonjung prompted, and Yejin finally looked her right in the eye. “Yoonjung...I’m really sorry. We’re really sorry.”

Yoonjung couldn’t believe her ears. Were these the same people who had accused her without evidence? And now they were easily apologizing to her?

“We didn’t hear you out and accused you without proof...but we should’ve known better,” Yejin said with a guilt-ridden expression. “This is all my fault though. I’m in charge of this hall, and I made things problematic for you.”

Yoonjung didn’t know what to say. She just nodded, and the other girls apologized, too. Yoonjung softened a little and admitted, “It’s okay. It happens.”

“No, it doesn’t. Gyoori shouldn’t have put the blame on you. That little thief,” one girl said angrily.

Yoonjung’s eyes widened. “Wait, Gyoori? So she really did take your savings?”

“Yes, she wore your clothes and took my savings book. I can’t believe I easily believed her. But don’t worry.” Yejin put a hand on her shoulder. “I swear I’ll take care of her. You don’t have to put up with her again.”

The other girls left, and Yejin turned to go, too. However, Yejin paused and looked back at her. “Yoonjung?”

“Yes?” “You really should thank him.”

“Him…?” Yoonjung was confused. Who was Yejin talking about?

“That Chinese student. He was the one who brought us the USB chip containing the clip of Gyoori wearing your clothes and trying to take money out of my savings account at the ATM. If not for him...your innocence wouldn’t have been proven...and none of us would’ve known a thief was living among us.” Yejin gave her a small smile and went back to her dorm. 

Is she talking about Luhan? Luhan really did this...for me? She remembered his promise to take care of everything but hadn’t actually expected him to stick to his words. Her face glowed with joy and gratefulness. She went back into her dorm, grabbed her phone, and raced to the exit. Come on. Pick up, Luhan. Come on- 

"Hello?” “Luhan! Where are you right now?” 

“Me? I’m at the Starbucks at the center quad. Why? What’s up?” “I’m on my way to see you right now!” 

“What? Seriously? From where?” “My dorm! I’m coming! Do not go anywhere, you got it?”

The smile on her face continued to grow as she ran across campus. She saw the large Starbucks symbol and ran faster. She spotted Luhan in the distance, and when he saw her, he waved with a warm smile. She picked up a burst of speed as she released a giddy squeal. Luhan’s eyes widened at her enthusiasm, and he held out a hand in warning. “Be careful-”

His eyes grew round and large as she threw her arms around his neck. He lost his balance and stepped back but quickly regained it as he wrapped an arm around her waist to steady the both of them. “Thank you so much, Luhan! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” It dawned on him what she was talking about, and he laughed, “Ah, you heard.”

Yoonjung smiled warmly as she squeezed him. “I think this is the happiest thing that has happened to me recently. There was so much going on in my life lately...and thanks to you, one burden has been lifted. Thank you, Luhan.”

Luhan softened as he wrapped his other arm around her waist and rested his head against hers. “I told you I got you.”

Yoonjung’s smile deepened, and she held him for a few more seconds before pulling apart and asking, “How’d you get the evidence anyways?”

“I assumed she was going to do something with the savings account. I mean, she didn’t just steal it for the thrill. Someone who steals your clothes and wears them without permission would want to use the money in the account, too. That’s why I went to the nearby banks in the area, and lo and behold, I got proof. Case closed.” Luhan grinned proudly.

Yoonjung was more touched than ever before. “You went through all that...for me?”

Luhan softened as he gently wiped a glitter off her cheek with his thumb. “I’d do more than that for you, Yoonjung.”

They gazed into each other’s eyes for a while longer.

The sound of her phone ringing made them both jerk apart. “Sorry,” she said apologetically as she answered it. “Hello? Ouch, Joohyuk, don’t yell. No, no. Stop with the protest. You don’t need to get signatures to prove my innocence. It has already been done.” She smiled at Luhan with an appreciative wink, and he smiled back at her. “No, dinner is on me. Tell everyone to meet at BBQ Chicken asap!” She hung up and grinned at Luhan. “I’m going to have a celebratory dinner for this monumental day.”

“That sounds great. Go and have fun,” Luhan said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter