Unlike any other Christmas

Boys, Boys, Boys III: Boy vs. Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aG4E5jJKtQ

GOT7: Confession Song

----------------------------------------

 

“Mark?”

“Yeah, baby?”

“Can you turn the heater up? It’s cold,” Yoonjung said as she touched her iPad screen to start the download of Christmas carol songs.

Mark glanced at the heater quizzically. It was on full blast already.

In fact, he was starting to feel pretty hot.

Mark scratched his eyebrow in confusion. “Baby, do you ever wear enough clothes?”

“Huh?” That question snatched her attention, and she ripped her gaze away from the screen of her iPad.

Mark tilted his head and smiled warmly at her. “I’m sorry to say…it’s not going to get any hotter than this. I mean, unless…” He tugged on his sweater as he bit his lower lip and leaned towards her.

Yoonjung held up a hand to block his mouth and leaned forward a bit to glance at the heater. “Oh, you’re right. I didn’t notice that.”

Mark blinked. “Did you just block me?”

Yoonjung meekly smiled. “Sorry…”

Out of the blue, her stomach growled. He blinked in surprise as she hugged her stomach shyly.

“Sorry…” she apologized once more.

Mark burst into laughter. “You’re so cute. Have no fear. Mark is here. I’ll make you the one thing I know how to make.” He kissed her on the lips before getting up from the couch.

“Make sure to put eggs and cheese in the ramen,” Yoonjung said.

Mark put up an “OK” sign and started to gather all the ingredients.

Yoonjung looked around his empty apartment. Stephen had gone home for the holidays.

Of course, Mark was avoiding his own house like it was the battlefield of World War III.

Yoonjung looked back at Mark. She folded her arms over the back of the couch and tilted her head a little.

“Mark?”

“Hmmm?”

“Aren’t you lonely staying here by yourself?”

“Not really.”

“But it’s the holidays. You should be with family.”

“You know I’d rather be by myself than live with my father. “

“True…”

“Besides, I’m not alone. I have you.” Mark smiled at her.

Yoonjung chuckled as she stood up. “You’re right.” She came behind him and encircled her arms around his waist. “You have me. You’ll always have me.” She kissed his shoulder.

Mark basked in her warmth as her warm back hug as he continued to make the ramen.

Twenty minutes later, they were sitting across from each other as he opened up the lid. Steam whooshed out, and the smell of cheesy egg ramen filled the air.

“Yay! The first meal my boyfriend cooked for me!” Yoonjung clapped.

“It won’t be the last,” Mark promised. “Eat up.”

Yoonjung took an eager bite.

“How is it?” Mark keenly asked, hoping it wouldn’t be too bad.

Yoonjung put up a thumb with a genuine smile. “Yummy!”

Mark grinned, relieved that his cooking was edible.

After finishing up the whole pot of ramen, they had a cute quarrel about who would do the dishes. Mark won, and Yoonjung went back to the living room. She saw something white and small falling outside the window. Hold on. Is that perhaps…?

Yoonjung hurried to the balcony. “Mark! Mark, come out here!”

Thinking she was injured, he hastily turned off the faucet and raced over. “Yoonjung?!” He poked his head out and saw her giggling as snowflakes tickled her nose. She grinned at him and urged him over. “Come here! It’s the first snow!”

Mark looked up at the sky as he came towards her.

“It’s pretty, right?” Yoonjung beamed. “Snow is snow,” Mark remarked.

Yoonjung laughed as she shook her head. “You don’t change, do you? You said the same thing last year when you came to rescue me from my trip with the Red Cross Club.” “I did?” Mark scratched his head, obviously not remembering that moment.

“This is our second time seeing the first snow together!” Yoonjung beamed at him. “You know what they say, right? Couples who see the first snow together stays together. You and I are meant to be.”

Mark smiled. “I won’t argue against that.” He encircled his arms around her from behind and softly kissed her neck before rocking her side to side in a gentle swaying motion. She beamed as she hugged his arms, and they stayed there watching the first snow of the year together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy8Sjv-vLr8&index=2

Starship Planet: Snow Candy

-----------------------------

Ding dong.

“Yoonjung, can you answer the door?” Her father asked.

“Coming!” Yoonjung ran over and opened the door. Banggeul barked merrily at the first visitor of Christmas morning.

“Merry Christmas, Yoonjung!” Ms. Lim greeted with arms spread wide open.

“Merry Christmas!” Yoonjung accepted the hug and embraced her tightly. She shut the door to keep the snow out as Ms. Lim took off her scarf. “I smell something delicious!”

“My dad is making an unforgettable Christmas meal. I offered to help him, but he was adamnt to pull this one off by himself,” Yoonjung chuckled.

“Oh, dear! Are you sure that’s safe?” Ms. Lim pretended to be worried.

“I think so,” Yoonjung mused with a smile. “He’s pretty good at cooking, so I think we can trust him.”

Her father stepped out of the kitchen and gave them suspicious looks. “Are you two talking behind my back?”

“No!” They claimed and burst into laughter when her father shook his head. “You two are becoming too alike now.”

Yoonjung beamed and hugged Ms. Lim’s arm. Ms. Lim squeezed her hand and winked at her.

“Is lunch ready? Do you want me to help?” Yoonjung stepped forward.

“NO!” Her father held out his hands, catching her by surprise.

“Oh, dear.” Ms. Lim put a hand to her chest and chortled.

“No to both questions! It’ll be ready soon! Probably by the time Mark comes over! Why don’t you give him a call and ask him where he’s at? No pressure, though! Don’t make him rush!” Her father disappeared into the kitchen.

“That was…convincing…” Yoonjung blinked. “I’m starting to get a little worried.”

“Let’s leave him be. He’s stressing enough as he is. Why don’t you call Mark and show me the photos you took on your ski trip?” Ms. Lim suggested.

Yoonjung beamed and nodded. “Okay!”

They went into the living room, and after the phone call to Mark, they looked through the memorable photos from the ski trip.

The doorbell rang, and Yoonjung hopped up.

“That must be Mark!” She skipped over with Banggul, and as soon as she opened the door, he attacked the next visitor. “All right. All right. I love you, too, Banggeul, but give me a chance to greet my girl, all right?” Mark patted the top of his head.

Yoonjung laughed, “He loves you.”

Mark smiled at her and held out a bouquet of roses. “Merry Christmas, baby.”

“Oh, you’re too sweet!” Yoonjung leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. She saw he had another bouquet, and her smile widened. “Is that…?”

Mark smiled and nodded.

“You’re such a gentleman,” Yoonjung whispered proudly. She urged him inside and closed the door. “Mark is here,” Yoonjung announced.

Ms. Lim came over first. “Welcome, Mark! Merry Christmas!”

“Merry Christmas, Ms. Lim,” Mark said polietly as he held out a bouquet of white lilies.

“Oh! You got flowers for me, too?! You’re so sweet!” Ms. Lim seemed genuinely happy.

Yoonjung squeezed Mark’s arm and winked at him. Mark grinned and squeezed her hand.

Her father rushed out to greet Mark. “You’re here just in time! Lunch is ready!” He did a double take at the bouquets. “And who gave my ladies those beautiful flowers?”

“Mark!” Ms. Lim and Yoonjung replied.

“Mark, you’re making me look bad,” her father joked with a sigh. “Sorry, sir.” Mark smiled.

“Come on in and eat. I bet you’re all hungry,” her father urged.

The four of them sat at the table where a feast was prepared. There were so many delicious things, like turkey, mashed potatoes, and macaroni, and there was barely enough room for glasses of wine.

“Christmas used to be always celebrated with just Yoonjung and me. This year, it feels much merrier with you two here. Thank you for coming.” Her father raised his glass with a grateful smile. They clinked glasses in the middle and took careful sips before digging into the food. “Leave room for dessert. I made pumpkin pie and there’s vanilla ice cream, too.”

“I’ll have to go on a diet after this,” Yoonjung sighed.

“Nope, that’s me. You’re still young, so you have great metabolism, unlike me…” Ms. Lim sighed.

“Fat or thin, I’ll love you just the same,” her father promised.

“You sounded just like Mark right there. Scary…” Yoonjung blinked. They laughed and continued to eat.

Out of the blue, the doorbell rang, and Yoonjung went to answer. “Delivery for Seo Yoonjung.”

“Oh, that’s me.” She accepted the box and went inside. “Who is this from?”

Banggeul, curious as ever, came over to sniff its contents.

“Nothing scary, right?” She opened the box and was stunned to see a Givenchy purse and wallet set. “Hold on. This is from…” Her phone lit up with a message, and just as she had expected, it was from him.

‘Merry Christmas. I still haven’t forgotten you. –Kris.’

“Oh my gosh. Kris Wu.” Yoonjung shook her head with a smile. She really needed to start getting him gifts, too. It was the least she could do since she didn’t have any room in her heart for him.

“What’s up?” Mark came over. He stared at the luxurious gift in surprise. “From the guys?”

“It’s…from a guy,” Yoonjung vaguely responded.

Mark’s radar went up, and his lips formed into a frown. “What kind of a guy?”

Yoonjung confessed, “Kris.”

His eyebrows shot up in shock. “Kris? As in…Kris Wu? The jerk from SM High?”

“He’s not a jerk anymore,” Yoonjung defended. She looked at the gift and sighed, “For the past three years, he’s been giving me gifts, and I feel so bad-“

“He’s been WHAT?” Mark looked irritated now. Yoonjung gulped. “Uh…”

“Does he still have feelings for you?” Mark demanded.

Yoonjung gasped, “How did you know he used to have feelings for me?!”

Mark rolled his eyes. “It’s so obvious, but don’t evade my question. Does he still like you? Does he know you’re with me? Do you have his number? Give it to me. Let me talk to him myself.”

Yoonjung lowered his outstretched hand and gently patted his arm. “Kris knows I’m taken. Don’t worry. He has no chance with me.”

Mark gave her a fishy look. “You sure?”

“Of course.” Yoonjung beamed. “Now let’s go finish our lunch before it gets cold. Come on!” She guided him back to the kitchen.

 

“I’m so full,” Yoonjung sighed as she patted her full stomach. She had barely taken two bites of her pumpkin pie, and yet, she felt like she was bursting.

“I know what you mean. That was way too much food. I wish I had worn sweatpants instead of a skirt,” Ms. Lim joked.

“How was the food? Be honest.”

“It was amazing,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter