Interruptions

Boys, Boys, Boys III: Boy vs. Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAXLMNlVTE0

Roh Jihoon: If You Were Me

--------------------------------

It was a peaceful day in October.

The weather was slightly chilly, but the sun was still warm.

Mark was currently in the university library looking up references for his theory paper due in three weeks. He was completely immersed by the book in his hands that he didn’t feel two figures creeping up on him.

Mark felt a tap on his right shoulder and turned his head.

“Hi,” D.O greeted with a warm grin. Behind him, Suho waved with an amiable smile.

Mark smiled at them as he turned around. “Hey. Long time no see.” He shook hands with D.O first and then Suho.

“I know, right? Why don’t you ever call us up and ask to hang out or something? I’m feeling offended, now that I think about it,” D.O scoffed.

Mark raised an eyebrow as a grin played on his face. “I could say the same. Why don’t you ever call me up and ask to hang out or something? I’m not the only one who has a phone or hands.”

“Touche,” Suho chuckled. “He got you.”

D.O sighed as he feined surrender. “I give in. I can’t beat you.”

Mark and Suho laughed.

 Suddenly, D.O brightened. “Is the rumor true? You’re dating Yoonjung now?” D.O elbowed him. “Huh? Huh?”

Mark sighed, “Chanyeol told you?”

“Actually, Baekhyun did,” D.O said. “I heard from Sehun,” Suho said.

“Your friends have big mouths,” Mark mused.

“They’re your friends, too,” D.O pointed out. “But anyways, you’re right. They do. I’m so glad I don’t go to the same school as either Chanyeol or Baekhyun. It’d be way too tiring, and I’d hate lie.”

Suho laughed, “I’m so telling them you said that.”

“Go ahead. It’s a fact we all know anyways,” D.O said carelessly. He clapped Mark’s shoulder and gave it an encouraging squeeze. “Good job, man. Yoonjung is a sweet, pretty girl, and she deserves someone sturdy and nice as you.”

“Thanks. You’re not…one of her many admirers, are you?” Mark raised an eyebrow.

“Oh, heavens no.” D.O blinked innocently. “I’d be the target of too many men, and I’m not very good at defending myself. You saw me when we went against the Goryo boys.”

Mark chuckled, “That’s good to know.”

“Do you want to come get lunch with us?” Suho asked.

Mark contemplated for a moment. He did have a ton of work to do, but then again, one of his classes had (fortunately) been canceled.

“You can say no, you know,” D.O teased.

Mark grinned. “Let’s go.”

 

After eating with D.O and Suho, Mark came back to his apartment.

Stephen wasn’t back yet, so the place was rather quiet.

Mark went into his bedroom and placed his library books on his desk. His phone rang, and he took it out of his pocket quickly, thinking it was Yoonjung calling him.

Surprise shadowed his face, but wariness quickly took over.

Why was his father calling him?

His father never called him, not even when he had gotten into many fights in high school nor when he had come home late past his non-existent curfew. In fact, he was even stunned that his father had his phone number in his contact list. What does he want?

Mark recalled his father’s words to him before he had left for his second college year.

His father lowered the newspaper at last. “I’ll be calling you in some time soon.”

Mark paused and looked back. “For what?”

“What do you mean by that? You act like your father doesn’t care about you. He’s being ungrateful, honey,” his stepmother complained.

Both Mark and his father ignored her.

“For business. Go on. I need to get to work myself.” His father got up from the table and headed to his bedroom.

Mark raised an eyebrow and stared at his phone as it rang and rang. So he actually meant it. I thought he was making a side comment. I didn’t think he would actually call me.

The phone stopped ringing. He had a missed call now.

Mark thought about calling his father back but eventually decided not to. If his father really needed him, he would call again.

Secretly, Mark hoped he wouldn’t.

He didn’t want to deal with whatever his father had in store for him.

Nothing good ever came out of being connected with him anyways.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1bMhsN94sM

AOA: Like a cat

------------------------------

It was the weekend before Halloween, and parties were already erupting on campus.

Just like last year, Inna had made costumes for them, and Yoonjung was waiting for hers in her dorm. She looked around at the quiet, tense room. Heewon was studying while Solbi was listening to music with her earphones on. Gyoori was trying on clothes for a night out, too.

A knock came on the door, and Yoonjung quickly hopped off her bunk to get the door. “Hey!” She was so thrilled to see her ex-roommate and threw her arms around her.

“Whoa! I guess you missed me so much! It’s understandable since I’m Yoo Inna. Who doesn’t love me?” She kidded.

Yoonjung beamed and pulled back. “Come in.”

“Don’t mind if I do.” Inna entered and looked around. No one greeted her, and she raised an eyebrow. “An awfully disrespectful place, if you don’t mind me saying.”

Yoonjung grew flustered but quietly giggled. “What costume did you make for me this year?

Inna brightened up. “The theme this year is…bugs.”

“Bugs?” Yoonjung blinked.

Inna held up a beautiful pink and silver butterfly costume. “Oh my gosh, Inna! This is even more spectacular than last year! You’re getting so much better at designing clothes!”

“I know.” Inna grinned. “I’m a black widow, Seulli is a bee, and Dajung is a ladybug.”

“That’s so awesome. You’re going to be an amazing fashion designer,” Yoonjung praised.

“Wait, are you a fashion designer?” Gyoori popped into the conversation out of nowhere.

The girls halted mid-laugh and stared at her.

“Oh my gosh,” Gyoori said giddily, not really understanding the atmosphere around her. “That’s so cool! Do you like, design clothes for Yoonjung? It would be so cool if you could do that for me. Free clothes and all, you know?”

Inna gave her a baffled, offended look. “I guess…”

“Hey,” Heewon snapped, unable to take the noise anymore. “Can you guys continue your conversation elsewhere? I’m trying to study.”

Inna was gobsmacked by her strict roommate’s behavior. “Excuse you, but you weren’t the only one living here-“

“Hey, let’s just go, okay? We’re supposed to go out anyways. Come on.” Yoonjung grabbed her phone, bag, and hastened Inna out the door before she could get into a fight with Heewon.

“I can’t believe the gall of her! What the heck?” Inna shook her head.

“I know,” Yoonjung sighed.

“And oh my gosh, that girl who practically demanded me to make her clothes without getting to know me first? Excuse me, but get to know me first before you try to reap the benefits, you little witch,” Inna snorted as she looked back towards Yoonjung’s dorm. “That girl was her, right? The one who hardly comes to the dorm and practically has wet dreams about your boyfriend and friends?”

Yoonjung cringed at the description. “Yeah.”

“You have the worst roommates this year, Yoonjung. I feel awful for you,” Inna pitied.

“Tell me about it,” Yoonjung muttered.

“Don’t you worry. If they mess with you, tell me. Tell Seulli, too. That girl looks like a bubble, but she’s actually a black belt in karate,” Inna said as she threw some punches into the air.

Yoonjung laughed, “I’ll keep that in mind.”

They went to the shared bathroom with their costumes and make-up accessories and started to get ready.

A moment later, Seulli and Dajung joined them. They were all sparkly and beautiful by the time Inna was done with them. They took photos in front of the mirror, and Yoonjung sent them to Mark.

‘You want to kill me, don’t you? How can you look so irresistible but be so far away from me? I won’t be able to sleep tonight.’

Yoonjung chuckled at the message from her boyfriend and sent him a kissy emoticon before heading to the parties with her friends.

Yoonjung and Dajung dropped by the Biology Club and ended up running into Joohyuk.

“What are you supposed to be this year?” She eyed his dark green jumpsuit. He held up a black prop machine and aimed it at her. “A bug killer!”

Dajung and Yoonung gasped as they took a step back. Joohyuk laughed heartily. “I’m just kidding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter