My Boy

Boys, Boys, Boys III: Boy vs. Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Orvutzlng

Taeyeon feat. Dean: Starlight

------------------------------------------

“Baby, can you get me a bottle of water, too?”

Baby.

Baby?

Even though they were a month into the relationship, Yoonjung still wasn’t used to the tender nickname Mark had bestowed upon her. When she had been dating JB, he hadn’t used a pet name at all. He had just called her by her name.  That was it.

But now things were different with Mark.

Very different.  

For one, Mark was more affectionate than JB, which was surprising considering the fact she always thought the first boy was like a boulder. Stoic, cold, unmoving.  

Second of all, Mark was constantly in touch with her unlike JB had been. Mark gave her a wake-up call in the morning and texed her throughout the day when they weren’t together. Between here and there, they would always video-chat once. Then before she slept, he would call her, too.

Last but not least, the entire atmosphere of the relationship was dissimilar. Her relationship with JB had been on equal terms, and they had been more friendly and comfortable with each other. On the other hand, a relationship with Mark made her feel more like a princess. He was always finding a way to take care of her. His sweetness made her cringe sometimes but swoon more often.

Her heart still fluttered when he came closer, and sometimes, she became too shy to look him in the eyes.

No offense to JB, but Yoonjung felt like this was the first official relationship she had been in. She felt lost at times, but the part of the fun was finding out how to react to her new boyfriend’s advances.

“Baby?” Mark’s voice felt closer now.

Yoonjung looked back and saw Mark enter the kitchen with a frisbee in his right hand. Just a couple minutes ago, the three of them had been playing catch with Banggeun outside.

Although Yoonjung had now cooled off, Mark was still glistening with sweat from playing in the hot sun for too long. He walked over as he wiped the sweat from his brows with the back of his hand. “Is something wrong?”

Yoonjung smiled and shook her head. “Nope.” She held out an icy cold bottle of water. “Here you go.”

“Thanks.” Mark took a long gulp. Yoonjung drank her own water with her gaze fixed on him and his good looks. His jaw looked strikingly gorgeous, and her eyes flitted to the way his Adam’s apple moved up and down as he chugged the cold water down to quench his desperate thirst. Stop staring! You’re such a freak,Yoonjung scolded herself as she forced herself to look away.

“It’s hot,” Mark commented as he started to fan his red face with his hand.

Yoonjung opened the freezer and pulled out a teal-colored ice pack. She placed it on his forehead, and his eyes fluttered open in surprise. “What…?”

“Surprise,” Yoonjung giggled. She had bought several of these tiny helpers to help with the summer heat.

Mark smiled as he put a hand over hers that was holding the ice pack against his forehead.

“Feels nice, huh?” Yoonjung asked as she shifted the ice pack and started to cool his cheeks down.

Mark watched her with such tender eyes that made her cheeks flush with embarrassment.

“Stop looking at me that way.”

“Like what way?” Mark teased.

“Like…like I’m Mother Teresa or something,” she stammered. He chuckled, “You’re no Mother Teresa. You are an angel though.”

Yoonjung looked up to meet his eyes just as his arms locked around her waist.

Mark lowered his head to plant another knee-knocking kiss on her, but the romantic mood was disturbed by a loud bark by the entrance of the kitchen.

Banggeul, who was noticeably bigger than when Mark had first brought him to her, barked loudly as he scrambled over. He bit the other end of the frisbee and gave it a tug, as if telling them to play with him again.

“Someone wants attention,” Yoonjung crooned as she bent down to rub the playful dog’s ears.

Banggeul was much more attention-seeking, hyper, and energetic than Janggeun had been.

Yoonjung suddenly squealed as she felt something ice cold on her neck.

Mark laughed at her reaction.

“Mark Tuan!” Yoonjung scolded.

Mark grinned mischeviously. “I was trying to be a good boyfriend and help you cool down.”

“Oh, yeah? Two can play this game.” Yoonjung wrenched open the freezer door and took out two ice packs. “HA! Take this!”

“That’s cheating,” Mark pointed out.

“Says the one who started this whole thing first,” Yoonjung snorted.

Mark slid his gaze to the left. He saw a spray bottle filled with water and grabbed it. She squealed as he surprised her with a shocking burst of water. She scrambled back and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter