Chapter 5

(I've Got A) Jet Black Heart

[A/N]

Hai gaiiseee~~ I'm really so so sorry for the long update. I was really sick last week due to high fever ))': and now im back with this new chapter XD ♥

 

=========================

 

Chapter 5:

 

"YOU BARBARIAN! WHY DID YOU THIS TO MY SO---"

 

As Sungjin's mother went to Ash much closer to confront her with a slap, she noticed something familiar about the killer.

 

"M-M-Mi Yoon?"

 

Her world bent down as she was being called by her name, but as she faced the one who wants to confront her, her eyes were burning red.

 

"Don't. you. ever. ing. touch. me." She pointed her fingers to Sungjin's mother in front of her.

"Mi Yoon-ah...I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry if I--" The old woman cried and went more closer to her.

"SORRY? WHAT'S WITH THAT WORD FOR?" She questioned her motive while keeping her cool from saying something.

"Mi Yoon...please let me explain." Sungjin's mother couldnt stop crying.

"I DONT WANNA HEAR YOU EXPLANATIONS. YOU RUINED ME. YOU RUINED OUR FAMILY." She completely lost it.

"Wait what?!" Brian, who's been accompanying Sungjin's parents, was shocked.

"What's the meaning of this?" Sungjin, with a caste on his right hand as a support to his wounded chest, suddenly appeared in the scene.

"Why wont you ask that to your beloved mother?" She emphasized the word beloved as a sarcasm while telling Sungjin.

"Sungjin..." His mother went to him, couldnt stop crying.

"Don't tell me..." He got the hint.

"Yes, youre right. She's my daughter to my first husba---"

"And she's the reason why our family was ruined. She decided to leave me and my father for another family man with no reason, and I'm referring to your family, Sungjin." She couldnt contain her anger towards Sungjin and his family, including her mother, who happened to be Sungjin's actual stepmother.

"Hey you! Watch your manners. You dont even call me op--"

"MANNERS? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Manners," she laughed hysterically, "are you ing kidding me? So you consider what YOUR mother did an act of manners, dont you?"

"Mi Yoon, please forg---" Her mother begged.

"SHUT UP, YOU OLD !" She yelled once again at her.

"You have no right to shout like that at her. Have some res--"

"Respect? She doesnt deserve it."

"Well, you also dont deserve respect."

"I dont care either, but tell that to your beloved mother if youre brave enough."

"So that's why you decided to kill me in the middle of our performance?"

"Exactly. But unfortunately, youre alive."

"Youre a ing demon." This time, he couldnt take the anger anymore.

"Call me whatever you want, but I dont care. At least I gave justice to the family that your mother ruined for cheating with another family." She slowly stepped backwards.

"Mi Yoon-ah..."

"Eomma, why would waste your time to that woma--" He earned a slap from his stepmother.

"Even the world turned upside down, she's still my daughter."

"But not anymore because youre already dead to me." She just found a gun on a sleeping police officer's pocket, and pulled the trigger in front of her mother to give her a deadly shot on her right arm after she's done with her words.

 

Everyone in the jail were running out as they heard the sound of the gunshot inside, and some of the policemen there were already in the state of panic as they're tracking the person who did the gunshot. On the other hand, Sungjin and Brian were shouting for help for the old woman lying on the floor with blood on her chest.

 

"YOURE ING CRAZY. I WONT EVER FORGIVE YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID TO HER." Sungjin's eyes couldnt take the heat anymore.

"Oh well, the feeling's mutual, Sungjin," Ash replied sarcastically, "I wont also forgive you AND your mother for ruining my family."

"You deserve to suffer and die here." Brian also outraged.

"Blah blah blah. Whatever you wanna say, it's none of my business." She planted a fake smile.

 

The bloody and sarcastic conversation between two men and a woman continued til three police staffs were arrived on the said scene.

 

"What's going on and what's with the noise a while ago?"

"Sir, please take that woman back to her cell." Brian gave them a favor.

"Is it you again, Kim?" Another police staff pointed his fingers to Ash.

"So what if I did it?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Well, we'll teach you another lesson. Go back to your cell."

"Whatever."

 

The two staffs were holding her two arms so tight and brought her back to her cell, while on the other hand, the remaining one were helping Sungjin and Brian carry the wounded old woman to the nearest hospital. Sungjin still remained bothered on the fact that he felt a bit of guilt and shame knowing that Ash, the woman who almost killed him, was his stepmother's real daughter, and he's still figuring out why she did it although he got the first hint. He also felt a bit of sympathy to her, but he need to remain firm for his beliefs against Ash for what he did to his stepmo--her mother.

 

Few minutes later, and they finally brought her to ICU for removing the wounds on her chest, and the two remained outside the room, waiting for the result. As they were sitting on the bench near ICU room, Sungjin's eyes were having mixed emotions, but he remained silent.

 

"Hyung, are you okay?" Brian approached him with worry in his eyes.

"Uhmmm...yeah. Im alright. Dont worry, Bri..." He hid his true sentiments.

"Hyung, I know youre not okay, and Im here to help, so please tell me."

"Hai guys. We're here!" Jae suddenly interrupted the scene along with Wonpil and Dowoon as he found the two sitting.

"Oh, hey, hyung. Hey guys," Sungjin's eyes went a bit wider as he couldnt expect that the remaining three went there, "why are you here? We can handle this, don--"

"I texted them to go here. I'm sorry, hyung." Brian admitted.

"It's okay, Bri. I'm sorry as well."

"Bob hyung...is anything happened a while ago aside from the fact that your eomma got shot?" Wonpil was confused, but Sungjin still remained silent.

"Dude, we know youre not okay, thats why we're here to help. Dont hide this from us. " Jae almost clenched his fist as he started to be bothered by Sungjin's true feelings.

"Hyung...we're begging you..." Dowoon pleaded.

 

On the other hand, as Ash was being dragged to go back to her cell, the two police officers couldnt stop beating her so hard to the point that she has bruises everywhere on her body, and even to the time when they already put her back, the two men went inside and continued doing their thing. One was responsible for throwing strong punches on her face and body which made her look like a punching bag, while the other was holding her back as a support. Ash couldnt stop shouting for pain as the blood on her face and head started to flow from within, but as her weak body fell down, they kicked her body and face and hit her right eye, made her yell more out of pain.

 

"You made the whole police suffer because of what you did, and we returned the favor. You deserve to die here, ." One of those two spat on her face before leaving her alone.

"Yo-you w-wi-will p-pay fo-for th-thi-this s-soo-soon..." Her whisper contained higher level of anger towards everyone.

 

Ash remained on the floor as she couldnt lift her weak body up, and everything went black.