20. LIVING MY LIFE

Confessions of a Hopeless Millionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The Second Confession: Chapter 20

 

LIVING MY LIFE

 

 

“Don’t start.” Jessica hurled the soft yet impactful pillow towards her grinning twin across the other side of the couch.

After the traumatizing event in the master’s bedroom where Jessica reckoned to be the defining moment of Taeyeon living up to her ert nature and her demise in terms of self-decency, the whole camaraderie present in the area is replaced with grins and embarrassed gestures. Particularly, Yuri has been curled up in a tight ball of tanned beauty, staying silent at Yoona and Sooyoung’s constant interrogation.

 

“I am not starting. I am merely staring at you little twin, you look oh so beautiful today. Wonder what happened?”Taeyeon held her laughter at the pits of her stomach. Jessica is so adorable when she is teased. Yuri sulking in the corner did not help to minimize the current comedy episode either.

 

“You barged in our room without permission you little she-devil! That’s what happened!” Jessica retorted, her voice raising in decibels causing Tiffany to fall of the couch laughing. The only person present in the area who happens to have a little bit of consideration, finally fell of the couch. Jumping of the cliff joining those who fell. Her constant pinching did not even gain a stop at Taeyeon’s barrage to her twin, why bother?

 

“I thought you are in need of help because of oh my gods! I am there to help, but I guess you are not in pain at all.” Taeyeon shook her head as if in disbelief. Jessica’s eyes twitched, the unbelievable air currently swirling in her twin’s mind is incomparable.

 

“Unnie, you really are the master of woohoo.” Yoona remarked, casually taking little sips from her water bottle.

 

“Master of what?” Yuri replied, averting her eyesight towards her sister.

 

“Woohoo.” Sooyoung replied almost immediately, currently dodging Jessica’s limbs that is itching to gain a scratch at her face.

 

“Woohoo?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Woohoo, you know in Sims? Where they cuddle then someone will partner then they will do activities in bed and they will…..Ya! It hurts!” Sooyoung explained only to end with a loud exclamation of pain as Jessica finally landed a loud slap in her cheek. Sunny and Hyoyeon who happens to find pleasure in everything in front of them choked on the cans of sodas they had in their hands. Choi Sooyoung got owned. Exactly like everyone wants. Seohyun gasped at the sudden display of violence she vowed to put a stop.

 

“Enough with all of this! You all got your satisfaction witnessing us doing what couples do in private! Now tell me what the hell your reasons are?! Barging here unannounced.” Yuri screamed, putting a stop in all of the commotion. She grabbed Jessica’s hand in a haste, dragging her girlfriend away from Sooyoung and Taeyeon.

 

“Sit here.” She instructed the dumbfounded Jung. She then eyed everyone in the living room, waiting for an answer. The huffing sounds is the only audio in Hyoyeon and Sunny’s movie, courtesy of Yuri’s irritation motion picture.

 

“We are here to bond with you unnie.” Seohyun broke the silence, her hands clasped in the center of her lap. Eyeing Yuri with the puppy eyes the tanned girl cannot get away from.

 

“B-bond?” Jessica stuttered, how is bonding even considered if the rest of the gang is here to invade their privacy? She can’t muster the feeling boiling at the thought of Taeyeon’s face grinning at the sight of her bare body hidden in the covers and Yuri’s flustered face. Good thing she has good hearing she covered Yuri in the last minute.

 

“Yes, because I am getting married in a month twinnie, I am planning to enjoy the last days of my single life. And as a matter of fact, we indeed want to bond. It is not my fault that you are doing it in broad daylight. How is that even romantic? Trust me it is better when the lights are dim and the moon is shining upon your eyes.” Taeyeon dreamily replied, high fiving Sooyoung and Yoona in the process.

 

“Taeyeon please. I am getting a headache.” Tiffany said with her hands cupping her face tired of all the bull her fiancée is causing. Considering that the rest of the pack is in her side. Taeyeon just kissed Tiffany’s forehead as a reply.

 

“What kind of bond would you suggest? Huh? Taeyeon Kim?” Jessica sarcastically replied. Wrapping Yuri’s hand around her waist as she taunted her sister.

 

“Taeyeon Kim?” Hyoyeon asked, confused at the new surname of the older Jung twin. Even Taeyeon managed to drop a slight portion of her jaw.

 

“Yes, Kim Taeyeon. As of now, you are not my twinnie anymore, you erted 5’2 brat.” Jessica crossed her arms. Her head and posture up high.

 

“Jessi, oh my god. You insulted her height!” Tiffany exclaimed in a whisper. Jessica knew how sensitive Taeyeon is with her height. And now as Jessica finally insulted her height problem with an addition of a gesture of banishment from the Jung Empire, Taeyeon remained quiet. Inhaling every bits of insult she gained, the brat part is true, the height part is true. And it hurts.

 

“This should be fun.” Yoona and Sooyoung hissed under their breath as they changed their positions behind Jessica and Yuri to gain a full view of Taeyeon’s defeated face. Hyoyeon and Sunny also gained refuge at the stool behind the couch Tiffany and Taeyeon is in. Only Seohyun remained in the middle of everything. Her eyes darting back and forth. She did not expect all of this. She doesn’t want this to happen.

 

“Fine. Jung Jessica. I, Kim Taeyeon, is cordially uninviting you to my wedding this coming 9th of March. As per the couple’s wish to gain much privacy at the intimate union is the main priority. Furthermore, the guest by the name Jung Jessica is not part of the close friends of the couple, neither is a part of her family. Thus rendering her invitation null.” Taeyeon smiled in victory as she noticed Jessica breathed a lungful of air and Yuri’s about to laugh face but is hindered by the pain coming out of her hands. Jessica squeezed their intertwined fingers. She is supposed to win this verbal fight. Not the other way around.

 

“HOW DARE YOU!” Jessica finally lurched herself at her twin. And Yuri did not even bother to stop her girlfriend. This childish act between the twins is a given once you are within their circle. And besides she wants Jessica to give Taeyeon’s angelic face a little dent as the little Satan punched the sensitive part of Jessica’s ego. Her resentment on losing is undeniably true, and as Jessica heard her ravishing defeat, she had no choice but to end things in a violent way.

 

“She started it and look who is angry and defeated now.” A sigh erupted from Hyoyeon. Sunny replied with a curt nod seeing the twins in a cat brawl.

 

~~

It is indeed the bonding that Seohyun expected it to be. After the twin’s brawl in the mansion, they managed to co-exist in the same breathing ground as the gang toured Paris. Even Jessica planned the trip to be only Yuri and herself it is a known fact that she is happy with the presences of the annoying bunch. With several bags hanging from both Taeyeon and Yuri’s arms, Tiffany and Jessica still continued to roam the streets of fashion. Several onlookers managed to recognize them, but leave it all to Jessica’s glares for them not to pry either.

Evening came and everyone is exhausted. Seohyun has been mumbling incoherent words of complaints after the last selfie Sooyoung took with the rest of them. Taeyeon, Sunny and Hyoyeon excused themselves for a while with the reason of buying some paintings along the streets of Paris. Such a lame excuse as Tiffany and Jessica knew that the trio will just buy those vintage bubbles for kids. And indeed they came back with three boxes of bubbles.

 

“Come on, let’s eat dinner.” Taeyeon returned to her demanding state. Opening the van’s door followed by Jessica in tow.

 

“Are they okay now?” Yoona asked.

 

“Maybe, I need some sleep. My arms are sore.” Yuri replied as she too got on the van. Sitting at the far left corner of the car.

 

“Yuri, come sit with me.” Jessica said. Patting the space beside her. Yuri albeit nodded slowly, taking the seat beside Jessica without a word.

 

“They are going to destroy the atmosphere of your wedding Tiffany if they continue to act like that. How is it that you are marrying a child? Look at her. Just look at her.” Sooyoung disgustingly commented behind Tiffany. The taller girl is eyeing the twins in full awe. Sitting side by side inside the spacious van, like nothing happened. They are watching some kind of comedy movie, to engross in it they ignored both Yuri and Tiffany.

“You are not in love with her so you would not understand.” Tiffany replied to her cousin as she settles herself on the sleeping Yuri’s shoulder. She shut her eyes to at least have some nap before they arrive at the Eiffel tower. Taeyeon once again, reserved the entire restaurant in the tower for them to eat dinner. And Sooyoung and Yoona is beyond happy.

 

~~

 

A hard nudged woke Yuri up from the momentary rest, the soft pinching came right after she opened her eyes. There she witnessed Jessica’s face adorning the view of her hazy vision. She smiled and encircled her pouting girlfriend in her arms as she tries to sleep again.

 

“Yul, we are here. Better get your up so that we can eat dinner. Taeyeon is getting cranky already.” Jessica mumbled in her neck, returning the hug by her waist.

 

“I don’t want to. The car is pretty cozy right?” Yuri replied, kissing Jessica’s strawberry scented hair as she indulged in both the pleasure of sleep and having the love of her life in her arms.

 

“You don’t want your sister and mine to come barging in here again thinking that we are doing the unthinkable right? Come on now baby.” Jessica broke from the embrace, giving Yuri’s lips a soft peck. After which a poke on Yuri’s nose. Jessica jumped off from Yuri’s lap then proceeded to open the van’s door leaving Yuri to grunt by herself.

 

~~

 

“Is it really essential to reserve this restaurant just for the nine of us?” Sunny exclaimed upon reaching the restaurant inside the tower. She eyed the empty loft with waiters and chefs all lined up, bowing at each them. Taeyeon and Jessica entered last with Tiffany and Yuri in tow.

 

“Since when did you become this economical?” Sooyoung replied, already having a mini feast with herself.

 

“I am not rich like you.” Sunny hotly said at the taller girl who oly raised an eyebrow.

 

“Sure you are. But you are with us. We can’t eat at an ordinary place with commoners you know.”

 

“Hyoyeon and I are commoners you tall post! Might as well tell me that we are unwelcomed her so that we can pack our bags and eat at a local pub.” Sunny is insulted at the blunt remark coming from the tall millionaire, when in fact Sooyoung is just purely honest and does not mean any harsh intentions with her words.

 

“Oh come on. Spare me the drama okay? You are our friends now, our family. No commoners come in terms of friendship with us. Consider yourself lucky. And you better find yourself a seat. The twins are hungry.” Sooyoung left Sunny to gaze at her retreating back.

 

Of course. They are a family now.

~~

“Can you give me this steak without cucumbers in it please? Thank you.” Yuri asked the pale waitress in her seat. Returning the plate with a bow. The waitress looked extra gleeful taking the plate back, perhaps Yuri is a little too charming for all the girls. And perhaps, Jessica is a little bit too possessive.

 

“She seems happy.” She casually said, inspecting her salad for the round green vegetable she loathed. Yuri returned the statement with a questioning look, her cheeks resembling a pufferfish.

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing.” Jessica shrugged.

 

“Her beauty is nothing compare to you. And I gave that steak back because it has cucumbers in it, I am doing it for you.” Yuri took the glass of red wine gracefully. The little amazement she felt at the jealous girlfriend. And Jessica is too transparent, such an adorable little kitten.

 

“Cheeseball.” Jessica replied avoiding eye contact. Concealing the innermost desire to grin at the sweet words is so hard, her jaw stiffened.

 

The steak without cucumbers came right after, with the waitress still has her full smile on and Jessica had the urge to throw the lobster to her. But it seems that act will only result to another argument between Yuri and her, besides jealousy is innate in her system and Yuri has also this innate attitude of being irritated at the act of jealousy.

 

“Hello lovebirds who does not mingle, let’s go.” Yoona came up with a glass of champagne in her hands.

 

“Shut up. Where are we going this time? We are not done eating yet.” Yuri replied while chewing on a piece of meat.

 

“Taeyeon unnie wants us to exit the place once and for all, she wants a midnight picnic at the foot of the tower. I am just following orders dearest sister.” Yoona heaved a sigh before exiting herself from Yuri and Jessica’s table but she managed to sneakily steal a piece of drumstick from the plate beside Jessica.

 

“What do you think will your sister do now?”

 

“I have something in mind and I hope you are not dumb enough, I want that gestures too.” Jessica vaguely glared at Yuri. Her lines made Yuri’s forehead lines to contort as she juggled all the possible contrary meanings in Jessica’s statement. Her mind process is insanely slow, she admitted to it a long time ago. Maybe Jessica drank too much wine that her sentences are all blurry and out of place. Yuri leaned back at her chair, staring back at Jessica’s retreating figure. This girl will be the death of her.

 

~~

 

“I can’t understand while we are here facing a dreadful battle with the cold. May I remind all of you that we are not attached and we have no cuddle partner to hug in this ridiculous weather? And may I remind you again that you are not allowed to be mushy in front of me! Yah!” Sooyoung huffed. Her nose flaring at the lack of response and attention. Her agitation is further provoked as Jessica grabbed Yuri’s neck to kiss her fully in the mouth.

 

How can this couple be? I can’t comprehend. This is disgusting.

 

“Oh my god. Find a room you two. We are here for a midnight picnic. Not a midnight lips picnic.” Yoona interjected beside Sooyoung, adjusting the blanket for a better and comfortable position. And of course, the couple which is apparently making out in the grassy plains of the Eiffel Park heed no attention. The engaged couple is also in a tight cuddle, with Tiffany in between Taeyeon’s thighs, while little rumple is back hugging her.

 

Too lost in their own little world. Let Seohyun and Hyoyeon join them for the two is engaged in a sleeping battle in the blanket laid under the bright night, full of stars and the classic glow of the lights in the tower.

 

“What a romantic sight this is.” Sunny joined Yoona and Sooyoung, her hands grasping a binocular. Sooyoung eyed the equipment in Sunny’s hands.
 

“What’s that?”

 

“Binoculars.” Sunny replied stating the obvious. Yoona found Sunny and the binoculars trivial, it is normal for Sunny to be this random, so she grabbed the basket of food she packed from the restaurant, opened it and devoured the sandwiches inside.

 

“I know and I am asking you why you are cradling a binocular toy in this dead of the night. You can’t see birds here.” Sooyoung sarcastically says. She noticed her best friend with a sandwich and felt an instant feeling of betrayal. Yoona eating without informing her is a violation in shikshin code.

 

“Give me one!”

Yoona just effortlessly handed the taller girl a sandwich.

 

“So Sunny..?”

 

“This is a night vision binoculars designed for night stalking. I can see everything clearly.” Sunny triumphantly smiled.

 

“Night stalking? Who are you stalking anyway?” Yoona gained interest. She hovered close to Sunny, while Sooyoung remained silent waiting for an answer.

 

“Jessica’s tongue.” Her loud annoying laughter came after she whispered the rated word.

 

 Yoona and Sooyoung instantly dropped the sandwich in their hands as they unconsciously turned their heads at Jessica and Yuri behind them. Apparently they are not making out but Jessica is clinging unto Yuri like a koala. They reckon that the couple is already in dreamland. 

 

“What the are you a ert or something? You are so creepy! Tell me if you have a crush on Jung Jessica, please Soonkyu. What exactly did you see in that brat, that deserves your affection?” Sooyoung exclaimed. Her disgust only escalated, causing her to eat up the whole half of the sandwich in one go.

“NO! She’s hot and all but she is definitely high maintenance and I will not waste my efforts trying to please her all the time. I am just a concern citizen here.” Sunny’s voiced raised in volume only to gradually disappear for she is now using the binoculars again.

 

“Concerned citizen? What happened to her tongue?” This time a newly awakened Kim Hyoyeon joined the live group chat.

 

“Indeed I am. Kwon Yuri has difficulty in breathing. That tongue is savage! Oh look there it is again! Entering the cavern, in three, two, and one! It has entered! OH MY GOD!” Sunny exclaimed, her voice is suppressed in tight medium volume. Her other hand gripping the sides of the binoculars while the other is tapping the ground excitedly.

She is enjoying herself so much and the three of the spectators can only align their vision at the direction of the toy, and it landed on Jessica now hovering over Yuri, engaged in a make out session again.

 

“They are French kissing in French land.” Sooyoung deadpanned. Shaking her head.

 

“Unnie! Let me see! Let me!” Yoona jumped, decreasing the distance between her and Sunny. Trying to get her hands on the toy Sunny grow an obsession on.

 

“Yoong, you can have mine.” Hyoyeon handed Yoona her own piece of binoculars.

 

“You have one too?” Sooyoung hissed. And to think she is accustomed to have Taeyeon to be the only ert in their circle. Perhaps this two is just the hidden bosses behind the curtains.

 

“Yes, I have been watching a different kind of cinematic movie for a while. And I am a concerned citizen too.” Hyoyeon grinned pointing at Tiffany and Taeyeon.

 

“This twins definitely took up Masterals in the arts of French kissing. Only that Taeyeon is in a Doctorate level.” Hyoyeon finally concluded.

 

“Sooyoung unnie! Yuri unnie is drooling!” Yoona shouted giddily, with Sunny is dying of laughter by her side.

 

“What in the actual . Seo Juhyun I need holy water!” Sooyoung nudged the sleeping Seohyun forcefully.

 

~~

 

“A whole day full of . I am traumatized.” Sooyoung wrapped herself with the blanket.

 

“Oh come on Sooyoung unnie, it is entertaining.” Yoona smiled, the drumstick sticking out of the side of her lips.

 

“Shut up you animal.”

 

~~

 

“I would like to thank you all for accompanying us in our little pre wedding tour.” Taeyeon and her small height towered over the figures leaning in the grass. It is now time. Almost midnight.

 

“Tiffany, I love you and this for you.” Taeyeon held up her all too powerful hand aloft, snapped it in a matter of seconds. Just when all them expected for a barrage of fireworks and some jet aero planes flaunting banners of love declaration in the sky, but no. Taeyeon did the impossible, of course with money, it is in fact not an impossible act.

 

The Eiffel tower’s lights is not green and yellow anymore, it is now conjured into some lights forming a blurry image of what looks like a small little girl with crescent eyes. Tiffany’s hands instantly cupped as tears fell endlessly. Everyone is in awe, unable to speak. A slideshow of Tiffany’s baby pictures flashed across the tower’s light. Onlookers stopped and took out their phones to capture the unique confession of an eternal bliss. Taeyeon went behind her fiancée, encircling the latter with her hug as she kissed the side of her head.

 

“Just want to let the world know that I am marrying you.”

 

~~

“Baby are you done already? We should get to the airport already. There is a storm coming.” Yuri called out from the living room. It is Taeyeon’s wedding day in a matter of hours and they are preparing for a grand arrival in Korea.

 

Jessica has been a full time student for the past few months and Yuri has never seen Jessica in a state where she is damn hell serious and focused. She would also be a full time housegirlfrien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter