17. BLESSING

Confessions of a Hopeless Millionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The Second Confession: Chapter 17

 

BLESSING

 

“Yuri…you’re here.” Jessica voiced up. Welling the incoming burst of emotions to flow out of her eyes. Struggling to process all of it in one sitting, she held on the person tightly. Taking each passing second as a reminder of everything that is innate in Yuri Kwon. Aside all of her efforts to remain in her embrace, she actually finds it assuring that Yuri hadn’t broke off from the hug either.

 

She still smells like winter with a dash of mint.

 

Her hair is shorter, but it is still silky and black.

 

Her height is the same, I have been hugging Taeyeon in this span of days and our height does not make a difference at all.

 

Yuri is here. My Yuri.

 

This is the warmth that no cashmere scarf can give, no summer seasons can top and most of all no person can exclude. She needs this, been waiting for this, and is planning to be indulged in this warmth forever. All she needs is the husky voice to reach her eardrums to verify that all of this is happening, that this is all true. And when that familiar hug by the waist grew tighter, and the sound of the familiar sniffing sound Yuri would always produce, Jessica knew that behind all of those hazy dreams she had in the past courtesy of the longing, this sound is not considered as a hallucination anymore. It is the real thing. Everything is real. It just feels so right.

 

“Yes Sica, I am here.” Yuri breathed in Jessica’s ears despite the fact that she is a mess. Dead tired from jet lag, dead tired from the express packing with Yoona and Sooyoung, and with all of those sacrifices comes great rewards for she is holding the trophy in her arms proudly. She knew that in this world, no one can top her stupidity, her cowardice but in this world, the fossilized accomplishment Yuri Kwon has is Jessica Jung. And it made all of the geniuses stupid. Well, that’s what she concluded.

 

There it is. The voice that she needs, she gently broke herself from the hug that is crushing her, crushing her to the bones, reaching her heart. Jessica watched as Yuri’s eyes came in contact with her brown orbs, still as compassionate full of love. Although the tears are occupying the lower ends of those bright eyes, it screamed positivity, the courage.

 

“Kiss me, Yuri. I need to know that you are real.” Jessica held her face with her hands. Jessica closed her eyes to feel Yuri’s smooth skin. She felt the skin went up into a stretch as Yuri grinned.

 

“Are you still debating that I am just a mere illusion?” Yuri chuckled, encircling Jessica’s waist with both of her arms. Their foreheads bumped into each other, with Yuri staring right into the closed ones of Jessica.  Jessica is the type who needs assurance and Yuri seemed to understand what does it meant. All of the things that she has done to the girl has resulted to either happiness or a bunch of what ifs. Their two year relationship is not a smooth sailing one, nor is it not a same-floor-we-are-cool state. In fact, it is like a wooden bridge yet their love held it, for a moment, the bridge did swayed and Yuri is thankful that Jessica did let go. Even when she did. Yuri will not let go, not today. Not tomorrow. Better yet, not forever.

The way she viewed everything right now is different from the way she viewed when she was twenty and four. The twenty-seven year old Kwon Yuri can be hopeless at times, can be brazenly oblivious, but she understands all of those attributes that made the past her an undeniably stupid tanned individual. All the twenty seven year old Kwon Yuri can do right now, is to love Jessica Jung. Fully.

 

“Are you?” Jessica answered.

 

“I am everything that everyone wants. So yes, maybe I am an illusion. But I chose to be real for you. Only for you.”

 

Still the eyes are closed as she inched forward to give Yuri’s lips a teaser of what is coming. The distance is not an inch or a half anymore, it is so near you can actually use a microscope to measure the distance. Yuri eventually captured the lips she wanted, dancing through Jessica’s experienced ones. With every breath that they held, it is all worth it as they indulged themselves in this classic way of showing how much you love the other. Jessica being the hungry beast, broke the kiss only to retrieve the lips again, grasping Yuri’s black hair in the spaces of her fingers.   

 

For as long as time holds no boundaries, as long as love remains the most powerful thing in the world, it is either you and me or me and you.

 

“I love you Yuri. Don’t leave me again. I can’t.” Jessica pleadingly held Yuri’s face once again.

 

“Miss Jung, I will be here, forever.” And Jessica smiled. Finally, the assurance.

 

~~

 

“What do you think are they doing now Yoong?” Sooyoung asked Yoona from across the table. Enjoying Taeyeon’s mini buffet gift for their intellectual words piercing through Yuri’s outdated brain. This is the pot of gold that you can see at the end of the rainbow. An unlimited row of luxurious food and an endless supply of alcohol flowing like enchanted rivers in Asia. Most of all, it is only for the both of them. Taeyeon can be a genie in a flash, it is ironic with her height that can literally be compared to a kettle.

 

“Probably woohooing and blessing the bed.” Yoona spat. The both of her hands holding her favorite part of the chicken anatomy. Sooyoung bellowed in laughter as they both understood the longing of the two lovebirds thus resulting into an activity the both of them betted to transpire.

 

“You and your simlish, of course they are woohooing! Jessica is a freaking woohoo addict and Yuri is a certified woohoo master. Stop playing The Sims! And this is heaven. Yoong there are still more! Look at all of this food, Taeyeon is a gift.” Sooyoung hummed in satisfaction.

 

“How much do you think this costs?” Yoona exclaimed while cutting her steak into small bits.

 

“Who cares? That brat bought Jessica an entire building in France in a fraction of seconds. And I, Sooyoung Choi could not care less. Besides she might also be woohoing with her pink doctor in the middle of the ocean probably imitating Bella and Edward, but she can’t reach the deep parts thus resulting them to imitate the vamp couple in the shallow parts of Hawaii. Why can’t we just enjoy this feast Yoong? We earned it. I should propose a toast.” Sooyoung grabbed a drumstick. As Yoona also grabbed one. With all of the tradition aside where you toast using wine goblets, Sooyoung and Yoona actually turned the tables of the usual.

 

~~

 

Taeyeon extended her hand for Tiffany to hold as she walked towards a wooden plank. The boat is waiting in the seas, it only needs a turn of the keys to burst into a world where only the short driver knows. Hawaii is the best place for relaxation indeed. Perhaps, Sooyoung and Yoona are right in the whole imitation of the Bella and Edward yet it happened in Brazil not Hawaii.

 

“This is certainly like Twilight Tae. You have no originality!” Tiffany giddily slapped Taeyeon by the shoulders. Finding it so cheesy for the older Jung to act like a lovestruck character from her favorite book. When Tiffany is finally comfortable in the other side of the boat, Taeyeon positioned herself in the driver’s seat.

 

“I don’t like romance flicks, just so you know. Did Edward and Bella bought this kind of idea of buying a boat and accompanying a lover towards an uncharted island?” Taeyeon showed a genuine reaction of disgust and curiosity.

 

“No.” Tiffany answered.

 

 Finding it adorable that her girlfriend is acting like a child again. And where the hell is she planning to bring her this time? They only arrived in Hawaii a day ago and Taeyeon has already done so many thing that are strikingly impossible. For instance, Taeyeon booked an entire hotel for their arrival only to leave it the day after, for she hates the other sight of people she does not know, she dubbed her relaxation as only Tiffany and nothing more. Plus, she also booked a restaurant so that Tiffany could pig herself. Teasing her as a pig is quite the trend in the gang lately. Moreover, Hyoyeon and Sunny calling her pig even in the hospital where she harbors respect from her juniors and her dignity as a doctor is high up in the sky.

 

In addition, the whole boat tour is actually Taeyeon’s sudden idea. Maybe, the fact that Hawaii has always been a crowded place did not reach Taeyeon Jung’s current mental state or it went into oblivion along with her memories in the car crash a year ago. She reached the brim of her patience when a sleazy old man came up to Tiffany to offer a cocktail.  So the conclusion is to buy, yes buy, a boat and the rest will unfold.

 

“So, I don’t have any reason to stop this act because clearly I am not prohibited.  I don’t fancy men gawking at you. I can tolerate fishes. At least they can’t talk if they find you beautiful. So, the sea is my friend.” Taeyeon grinned. Turning the key. The boat instantly gained life.

 

“Where are we going?” Tiffany asked. The boat is steadily moving towards the transparent ocean. Tiffany is always the appreciative one in the relationship. It is breathtaking, this is a better idea than a drive in the cliff or a helicopter sightseeing. She held out her hands towards the water to feel its cold and pristine goodness, only to be hurled back by a grip in her arms.

 

“Stay away from the water. I don’t like the sea bacteria to get in touch with your skin.” Taeyeon commented. Tiffany dropped her jaw in the comment. Taeyeon is dead serious.

 

“Seriously Tae?”

 

“Why?”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes. Perhaps it is not a good idea at all. How exactly will she get a good hang of this situation? Will Taeyeon nag her about the air bacteria too? Or land? Where are they supposed to live when Taeyeon is disgustingly pointing at every piece of bacteria infested objects?

 

“Taeyeon, we need bacteria to function in life.”

 

“Bacteria can kill you.” Taeyeon retorted, adjusting her sunglasses to get a better view. It is Taeyeon’s attitude to strive hard to be victorious at every argument they have, and Tiffany sighed. She will always love her no matter what anyway. So she decided to keep mum until Taeyeon averted her gaze towards her girlfriend.

 

“Why are you so quite?”

 

“I am preventing myself from breathing air bacteria.” Tiffany sarcastically replied causing Taeyeon to stop the boat abruptly.

 

“You will die!”

 

“Exactly.”

 

“You are not making sense.” Taeyeon turned the boat’s engine on again.

 

The couple continued to wander around the sea for a while until Tiffany decided she is only seeing a vast variety of blue. To put it in a simple language, merely settling in the middle of nowhere where Taeyeon’s infamous erted grin is showing. No place to run.

 

“Why are we here?” Tiffany gulped.

 

“No reason.” A shrug. Of course.

 

“Taeyeon.” Tiffany asserted.

 

“I am not going to you. If that’s what you’re implying.” Taeyeon said, adapting to the sea’s breeze as she leaned on the boat’s railing. Using her hands as a visor, she squinted on to the skies. Looking for something.

 

“Ah..about time.  Stand up.” Taeyeon eventually held Tiffany by the arm, pulling her on her feet.

 

“What is that?”

 

“A chopper.”

 

“What? What for?” Tiffany asked again. Taeyeon seemed so out of it. As the chopper lowered itself at the blue waters, it caused ripples around it. Taeyeon waved at the pilot before giving Tiffany a brief gesture to climb aboard.

 

“Taeyeon, tell me what is happening.” Tiffany’s eyes searched for Taeyeon’s behind the dark shades. Nothing came off as an answer as the shorter girl raced towards the chopper, skipping like a child. It is not instinct, neither an intuition. Inside the pits of her stomach, it is a felling in which she can’t explain.

 

“I happened to change my mind. I’m jealous of the fishes. In fact, I will tolerate birds.” Taeyeon pointed a finger at the equipment on the side of the chopper. Tiffany’s gaze trailed at the pieces of unknown inventions towards Taeyeon, then to the pilot back to the equipment then to Taeyeon then to the man behind her. Oh crap.

 

“No. I am going to die. “Tiffany backed a step. The end is near and she can’t escape. If she jumps, the waters will welcome her and definitely in a span of days, she will be consumed by bacteria. Ready for decomposing.

 

“Tsk. Doesn’t matter. You will die in my arms. And I will die in yours. Not a big deal.” Taeyeon shrugged. The man behind her started to fiddle on the equipment. Attaching them to Taeyeon with an effort to keep up with the older girl’s constant movements.

 

“Taeyeon, we are not going to skydive.” Tiffany cursed through gritted teeth. Clenching the fist, it turned wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter