13. FOR THE NOT SO OBVIOUS REASONS

Confessions of a Hopeless Millionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The Second Confession: Chapter 13  FOR THE NOT SO OBVIOUS REASONS

“So, mind telling me why I am your nurse tonight?” Tiffany asked the pouting girl as she dabbed the liquid medicine on the healing wound on Yuri’s shoulder. After that little heated talk with Jessica, Princess Jung did not return to the hospital room.  Yuri exactly knew the reason why and she just hates herself for the uncalled raising of voice. It is also not a surprise that little Rumple is currently missing in the late night barging of the gang and Hyoyeon and Sunny’s morning visits, Yuri has this great fear of Taeyeon’s impulsive nature. Jessica definitely made Taeyeon her human diary and as far as she knows, Taeyeon has the capacity to conjure a sudden wedding out of the blue. The news of Jessica and Donghae being married secretly will be the death of her if that happens, maybe because she knows that it is entirely her fault. But at times like this, decisions should not be made hastily and it should be looked upon twice, even thrice before coming up with an answer. Yuri does not like being in the dark, Jessica has been doing things on her own, and here she thought that all of these keeping of secrets has been diminished way past back.

 

“If you are asking why Taeyeon is not visiting, don’t worry, I banned her from coming here. Her neck is still in construction and that kid needs rest. And, I am not sure if little twin told her about, you know.” Tiffany added.

 

“Am I really that transparent?” Yuri chuckled a little. And tiffany nodded in reply while giving her the best smile she can muster. Once the medication is done, Tiffany dragged the lone chair in the far corner of the room towards Yuri’s bedside.

 

“She just wants us to be safe. Put yourself in her shoes.” Tiffany sighed, rubbing her thighs for heat. The night is dawning and the cold of the December is greeting the hospital room despite the heated ventilation. Yuri frowned, slapping herself of her mistake is enough, but she guessed she deserved that one.

 

“And I don’t want her to be this heroine. I promise her an eternity of happiness and now she is on the verge of sacrificing everything, just because little Kwon cannot stand up to herself. She doubts me Tiffany! She thinks I am incapable of fighting for her. And now, I may have realized that indeed I am not capable. I am weak. I am not able to fight for her the first time. And if it’s not for Taeyeon, I would be starving myself in my car waiting for things to happen without moving, when in fact I can change the course of things by doing something that can help me out of my misery. But I chose to wait, wait for someone to do the work for me.” Yuri exclaimed through glassy eyes.

 She is hurt, and disappointed. And all Tiffany can do as she stared at Yuri clutching the white hospital sheets with tears already coming out of her eyes is to hug her ex-girlfriend. All this time she saw how Yuri stepped back from everything, how she puts every scenario into her own set of perspective, how she lets herself be led by the one that she loves. Yuri has been her bestfriend ever since, and Yuri is the type of person who will solve her problems by following the good solution, Yuri is not a risk taker.

 

The first time her relationship was put on the rocks, Yuri Kwon has many options to choose from the bunch of good to impossible what ifs. And Tiffany is not surprised to witness that once again, despite her love for that one girl, she chose the safest way again. She might’ve chose the thorny path of being the abuser of her power just to level with her mom’s plan, yet she chose to back out again. She lets her go, maybe because she knew that it is the best thing but regardless of the fact that it is indeed the best solution, letting Jessica go is the safest among those bunch of good.

 

Tiffany understands Jessica’s pain, she can understand her doubt, and she can understand why Jessica hid the truth from Yuri. Tiffany knows that Jessica is afraid. Afraid to face Yuri’s decision for the second time, when she knows how Yuri would like to run from any possible confrontation in regards of being brave. Everything does not lasts forever, Taeyeon despite being the human rumple will not be around for eternity to push Yuri when the tanned girl is stuck in her own mud of illusions and her cowardice. Sooyoung is not a vampire that will live forever to remind Yuri of what she is losing. Yoona who she shares the most precious relationship will be there to be dubbed as her sister forever, but little Yoona will not always be Yuri’s back up. And Tiffany will not be able to cure herself from the normality of death, just to be around Yuri’s side to provide advices and comfort when she needs one. Yuri needs to stand on her own.

 

And Jessica, that little possessive and insecure Ice princess will love Yuri forever. “Love is not enough in a relationship” that quote has so many contradictions that follows but the truth in the passage is crystal clear. Certainly love is what makes a relationship a relationship in the first place but sometimes, Love is not enough.

Perhaps, Peter Pan and Wendy will say that you need is  Love, Trust and Pixie Dust, yet living in the real world where there are no fairies and a boy who does not age exists, there is only two things that you need, Love and Trust. They have the love, it is obvious in the surest way possible, but trust. Trust comes in many ways, it might come in the form of being still and happy when you witness your other half greets the person who made her happy in the past. But from the way Tiffany sees it, Jessica and Yuri have been into countless amounts of fighting because of jealousy, it is mainly Jessica’s green self that triggers Yuri’s red lights, and as much as she wants to deny the truth, the both of them needs to trust each other more.

Trust can either come in ways we can imagine, maybe in the form of having a smile on your face when in fact the circumstances are difficult, knowing too well that at the end of the day where there is the absence of the rainbow, there is a pot of gold. And Jessica Jung needs that kind of trust. She needed Yuri to trust herself and get out of her shell. The way Yuri cried made Tiffany smile for a short while knowing that maybe this occurrence is the start of Yuri finally fighting, but she is not sure if Yuri will take the risk. And Jessica’s lifetime is limited. There is a limitation on when she can wait, and Tiffany is afraid that Jessica has reached hers.

 

~~

“Oh, come on Twinnie. Grab your flat out of the bed and help me.” Taeyeon nudged the sleeping princess forcefully. It has been days ever since Jessica decided to befriend her comforters and Taeyeon had to deal with an eternity of being a prisoner in her own house just because Tiffany banned her from going outside with the fear that her head will run away from her body. And now the day has finally come when Taeyeon Jung will break the connection between her and the neck brace she had grown to loathe and curse.

 

“Get out of my room Taeyeon.” Jessica uttered. Her voice muffled.

 

“I can just eliminate this neck brace out of my neck but you know, for obvious reasons, I can’t. And fyi, I can drive myself to the hospital, but then again for obvious reasons, I can’t. Now, please be kind to be me for obvious reasons.” Taeyeon decided to lay herself beside the lump on the bed. She rested her arms around that elongated lump while her legs wrapped around it. Taeyeon managed to get herself a human bolster.

 

“Come on Twinnie. Go with me, pleasseeeeee.” Her aegyo came out of like a bullet in a gun. And like how a bullet hurts the one it victimizes, the unusually assault of aegyo made Jessica to squirm underneath the covers, throwing Taeyeon out of her bed, along with her neck brace intact.

 

“Don’t!” Jessica cut off her twin from saying the ‘ouch’ word. Taeyeon stared at her in disbelief.

 

“Your neck is fully healed already. That is why you are going to the hospital to get it out, for obvious reasons.” She added.

 

“Stop being a hermit and come with me to the hospital.” Taeyeon proposed again, taking a seat at Jessica’s armchair.

 

“No.” the younger twin answered in an instant. The white comforters immediately obscured Taeyeon’s sight as Jessica returned under them.

 

“Why?”

 

“For obvious reasons.” Came the voice. In that instant the aura of the room became gloomy and unreadable as Taeyeon’s face turned serious, solemn to say the least. The tugs of feelings inside of her succeeded on delivering the current emotional imbalance Jessica is feeling, for the fact that it involves the name Kwon Yuri. The older twin has no complaints regarding Kwon Yuri being her sisters’ girlfriend, but when it involves Jessica being in this state again, she just knew something is definitely wrong and she will dig the deepest parts of the reason sea. She mentally blamed herself why her intuition failed her this past few days. Why did she only noticed how Jessica is not going out of her room aside from the moments when hunger just consumes her.

 

“Yuri again.”

 

“Don’t start.”

 

“I am not. Just stating the obvious reason of your smelly self as of the moment.” Taeyeon commented as she settles herself on Jessica’s bed once again.

 

“Am I a bad girlfriend?” Jessica came out of the covers wearing a pouty expression. Taeyeon chuckled.

 

“I am not your girlfriend. I am your sister. You should ask Yuri that.”

 

“Maybe I am. I should’ve told her about it.” Jessica ruffled her hair, slumping in her bed’s headrest.

 

“You need to talk to her about it again. Don’t run. If you want your relationship to continue, Twinnie atleast be honest with each other.”

 

“I am always honest with her. I tried to be the best girlfriend that I can, and all she sees is my jealous self, and she never noticed the fact that I am not that green monster anymore this past few months and now that I am trying again to be the best one, she accused me of looking down on her. Like, what am I supposed to do Taeng? Do you blame me that I am a nervous wreck right now? That the possibilities of Wesley ending her life because of me is on point? And if I tell her that I am marrying Donghae, will she stop me? Because I am ing sure last time she didn’t. I just want the assurance that she will be with me till the earth runs dry.” She sniffed. Wiping the results of her misery with the ends of her sweatshirt.

 

“I will be with you. Even if the earth runs dry. I will never leave you, just remember that. And no matter what outcome this misunderstanding between you will result, even if you are in the wrong side, I will still be here, rooting for you. You are not alone, twinnie. Okay?” that side of Taeyeon being the classic cheesy ert only comes out when she is feeling it or when the situation is so serious but nevertheless, this side of the older Jung is not impossible. Jessica wiped the tear in her face as sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter