11. WHEN I SAID I DO

Confessions of a Hopeless Millionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The Second Confession: Chapter 11

 

WHEN I SAID I DO

 

“What is taking them so long?!” An alcohol deprived Choi Sooyoung grumbled in her seat. It has been past 2 hours, but still Yuri and Taeyeon are nowhere to be seen. Already bored with her phone, Sooyoung stood up, circling the big junkyard, only to witness her companions being engaged with their own world.

 

“Will you stop pacing around? And please be quiet. We have a semester to pass here. So please, a little consideration.” Hyoyeon huffed. Glaring at Sooyoung then back in her notes she is scribbling intelligently. Jessica and Tiffany are now sleeping together in the bed without a care in the world.

 

Sooyoung has left with no choice but to stay idle. As long as the alcohol is still on its glorious way, she has to stay put or else Sunny and Hyoyeon will strangle her, worse Jessica will arise from her sleep and cut her head off. She can at least control her cousin but she knows how Tiffany can surely strangle her with just a piece of syringe and a dash of poison. Settling at the white cushion in front of the television, Sooyoung stretched her long legs to kick the magazine reading Kwon Yoona in the sides. The doe eyed girl immediately sprung from her sitting place.

 

“What is wrong with you?!” She hissed. Afraid of the possible outcome of Tiffany and Jessica’s outburst, the owner of the junkyard managed to hold her voice within. Even though the fact that she owns this haven is undeniably the truth, she can’t risk to face the two when they are dead tired from the activities they did not sign up to.

 

“Turn on the television. I’m bored.” Sooyoung ordered.

 

“Why don’t you do it yourself unnie? Besides, I am very productive today. I convinced Victoria unnie to stay out of our lives forever. So cut me some slack.” She returned to her reading phase and ignored Sooyong throughout.

 

“Fine.” Sooyoung reached for the remote control in the table.

 

“Yes! Brad Pitt is on!” She squealed all through her lungs. Excitement present in her face as she blushes at the man in his 40s who is smiling on the camera. Sooyoung dragged the cushion to level herself in front of the LED screen. Yoona scoffed at the action.

 

“Ya! Turn that off! We are studying!” this time Sunny bellowed.

 

“I can’t hear you!” Sooyoung replied, eyes still glued at the television, when the screen turned black in an instant. She grasped the ends of the tv, giving it a subtle shake.

 

“WHAT! I AM WATCHING THAT! YOU PIECE OF BULL! WHAT IS THE NAME OF THAT BROADCASTING COMPANY?! MY BRAD PITT! I SWEAR!” Sooyoung dramatically cried.

 

“We are temporarily pausing this broadcast for a Breaking News. There has been a shootout around 5:30 pm, in a liquor shop in downtown Seoul. According to the police currently in the area for investigation, there is a total of 1 casualty by the name of Do Sonmin, the manager of the said liquor store. The masked suspect which has been concluded to have the intention of stealing, had shot the manager causing to his death. His name has not yet been identified and there are no possible leads of who this man might be. An inside job is currently in discussion as there are no present guards in the liquor store when the crime happened. This caused the man to escape easily when the alarms went off. The police are now reviewing the CCTV cameras installed in the establishment for further clarification.

Police Inspector Lee Woonpil has stated that aside from the theory of robbery, the presence of the daughters of the two biggest names in Korea are said to be the other reason for the crime. Jung Taeyeon, of the TSJ Conglomerate and Kwon Yuri of the Kwon Corporation are in the store when the unfortunate incident happened. The possibility of a kidnap for ransom is in discussion. The two of them are immediately rushed to the Seoul Medical Center. Miss Taeyeon has been found unconscious outside of the establishment and Miss Yuri has been shot by the man while making an escape, as of now, their conditions are still unknown. Stay tuned on KBS news for an upcoming update. This is Oh Kwanghee, reporting.”

 

The eerie and the unbearable silence filled the junkyard. The image of Taeyeon being carried to the ambulance and the bloodied Yuri inside the ambulance, the medics trying hard to gain vitals from the unconscious girl, have left a traumatic expression at everyone’s faces. Taeyeon’s accident is still fresh in their minds. 

 

“What happened?” Tiffany’s voice echoed behind the duo. Her voice is low, pleading to the least. Her eyes glued to the television where her girlfriend is. Beside her is Jessica Jung now fully awake and eyes red as she tried to stop the incoming tears.

 

“Sooyoung, I am asking you what the ING HELL HAPPENED! WHY IS TAEYEON IN THE STRETCHER? AND WHY IS YURI’S CLOTHES FULL OF BLOOD?!” It as a usual conclusion that indeed Tiffany’s voice is loud. But they usually hear that decibel full voice only on certain circumstances that involves a happy atmosphere. Her voice would be the moderator and the referee when Taeyeon and Yuri would exceed the boundary of a friendly banter and fight. Her voice would be the biggest motivator towards Sunny and Hyoyeon when they have an exams on the way and the best consoling voice when Seohyun is giving a best performance. But this moment her voice is a representation of anger.  A voice which demands an answer.  Sooyoung and Yoona remained frozen in their spots as they tried their best to muster up a statement that could explain to Tiffany. Sunny and Hyoyeon also came in the living room with their eyes also glued to Sooyoung and Yoona, asking for answers from the two who heard the shocking news.

What frightens them more aside from Tiffany’s outburst is Jung Jessica’s lack of participation in the confrontation. Standing there with her eyes void of any emotion, except for the flowing of the colorless liquid. She has never spoken a word ever since the Tiffany’s loud voice. It is her twin and her lover. The two most important person in her life now facing another problem. She doesn’t know if she is cursed or she is just being tested. But sure as hell she is sure that karma is ing firing her with canyon balls behind her back. Is this the result of being a brat in the past? Is this the punishment of having it all?

 

“Jessica…” Sunny grabbed Jessica’s shoulder and began rubbing it to somewhat exclude the needed warmth. While Hyoyeon did the same to Tiffany, unlike Jessica who stayed unrelenting, Tiffany hugged Hyoyeon. Her muffled cries is heard.

 

After a lone tear fell from Jessica’s eyes, her phone vibrated. Its sound is the sole distraction from the silence engulfing each and every one of them.

 

“Yes.” Her voice still the usual sound of monotone.

 

“Jessica, have you heard? Where are you? Is Taeyeon okay? Yuri? Jessica..hey, I am coming to the hospital. Where are you? Do you hear me?” Yunho’s voice came through the phone speakers. His voice is full of worry for his sister and it came a little bit too noticeable for the Jessica as she always remembered Yunho’s voice to be reserved.

 

“Yes. Meet you there.”

 

She turned off the phone. Her eyes fell on Yoona for the briefest of seconds. Yoona is on her feet clutching the keys of the SUV car parked safely in her garage with a force her knuckles turned white. All she needs is a go signal from everybody to get the hell out of the junkyard and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter