2. “Taengoo is not You, Taeyeon”

Confessions of a Hopeless Millionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Second Confession: Chapter 2

 

“Taengoo is not You, Taeyeon”

 

Jessica has been here for hours.  Doing nothing in particular.  Just staring at the lifeless memoir in front of her, a small rectangular tablet made of the most expensive granite with intricate letterings of a name that holds a very special and important place in her heart.  Nothing to do than just staring, maybe because Jessica has no more tears to shed.  What is the purpose of crying when the damage has been dealt? As if crying can change anything.  It can’t.  It just shows how a person has a weakness, but sometimes it shows how a person is as strong as it is weak. 

 

For all her life she is being pampered.  She never experienced that she is alone because she indeed has everything.  And now, the last tear fell down from her eyes as she realized that she is alone.  A big chunk of everything fell down on her.  Does life needs a balance too? Why does it seems that life has backfired tremendously at her?  So many questions but at the same time those questions held only the same repeating answer.  And Jessica does not like it any bit.

 

She crinkled her nose at the sudden appearance of her sole pillar.  The rain has finally fell once again and she did not even notice that she is already wet.  Holding an umbrella to shield her from the physical intruders, Jessica smiled for the first time in hours.  Deep down her heart she knows, a little tinge of happiness sparked from the appearance of her girlfriend.  She stood up rather hesitantly, looking at the headstone again.  Her eyes fell almost immediately as she bring an amount of air in her lungs.

 

I’ll see you again, later.  Stay safe from the rain, Okay?

 

How dumb it is to said such things like that when she knew that the person is so much safer in that place than where is she is right now, the cruel world. In there, no pain is experienced, just happiness.

Saying her goodbye at the person for now, Jessica turned to Yuri who is giving her a small smile.

 

“You are already soaking Sica.” She said obviously stating the obvious, arranging the wet locks of Jessica’s hair.  Yuri brought the umbrella in her shoulders to hold it for a while.

 

“You know, you can cry in front of me.  You can’t hide the pain for so long.” Yuri encircled the wet girl in a tight embrace.  A lone tear escaped from her eyes knowing how much Jessica is hurting and she is not even capable a thing to ease it.  They just stood there for a span of minutes, the rain is still falling.

 

“I am just talking to her.  I miss her Yuri.” Jessica sniffed.  Burying her head deeper at the taller girl’s warmth.

 

“I know you do.” Yuri hummed, rocking her girlfriend from side to side like a baby.

 

“I know it is selfish to ask but, I have been begging her to to to…”

 

“To what?” Yuri loosened the hug as she stared at Jessica’s red and puffy eyes.  Cradling her face in her hands.

 

“To please give me time to be with Taeyeon or a little while.  Yuri, my sister is in a coma and she is still not responding to medications despite being in the ICU for weeks now.  Yuri, I can’t lose Taeyeon.”

Jessica broke down once again.  Knowing how childish it is to ask her late mother for an assurance that she will not her twin sister away from her.  Jessica has been a wreck for weeks seeing her sister in such a state.   After the accident the news of the tragedy spread like wildfire and she hated how everyone see her like a child needing a mother.  Pity is not what she needs, she needs a sign that her twinnie will never leave her.  She is afraid, but most of all the hope is not there anymore.

 

“There is still hope Sica.  Do you remember how strong Taeyeon is? She can do everything.” Yuri hushed her girlfriend as she squatted down to level her eyes towards Jessica.  And then the lips touched, just like that Jessica felt hope.  She is never alone.  She still has Yuri, and she knows that Taeyeon is going nowhere.  Not that Taeyeon still owes her that signature bag she failed to give that day when she jumped out of a burning car like an action star.  Taeyeon still needs to give Yunho a proper beating.  Taeyeon just needed to be alive.

 

“Yes she can.  Tell you what, when you visit that dork later, be sure to whisper to her that I will burn her Porsche if she will not open her eyes.”

 

~~

 

“Dr. Hwang? The CEO of Reef Hotel is specifically asking for you to aid his daughter.  He sent a memo to the hospital body already.” Sohee, a nurse in the Seoul Medical Center entered the hospital room the great Doctor is staying for weeks now.  The room is full of letters pasted at every side of the pastel wall, a respirator machine attached at the side of the bed, the face of the patient is full of bandage, particularly her head, then it hit Sohee hard, Dr. Hwang’s girlfriend is currently in a coma.  She tried very hard to conceal her apologetic face, this is not the time.  But she has orders to deliver the message to Tiffany, besides that CEO is quite demanding.

 

“Didn’t I told you already that I am not leaving her until she’ll recover from her coma?” Tiffany’s tired voice came as a reply.  The once cheery disposition and the eyes that sparkled as if it is made of crystals is nowhere to be seen as the doctor averted her gaze towards the nurse.  Holding the hand that does not reciprocate the amount of force the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter