Chapter XX

Confessions of a Hopeless Millionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER XX

“Yuri and Junkyard Squad”

 

Yunho has been furious and quite delirious this past few days ever since Jessica has gone “missing”.  His dad has practically ordered him to search for Jessica himself without the help of investigators and such.  His punishment, if I am going to describe it.  It is amusing how he is the only one who is still in the dark of Jessica’s whereabouts.  Mr. Jung knows.  That’s a fact. 

 

Much to Taeyeon’s very own set of entertainment, she is also in the verge of throwing a grand party because according to her, everything is getting in place again.  In which, I agree to the very least.  Uncle Jung has recovered from his coma and is recovering quite fast under Tiffany’s supervision.  It is always a very big question mark how old Uncle Jung is able to tolerate his pink sheets, Taeyeon has been spoiling her girlfriend so much.  Me and Sooyoung along with Yoona and Seohyun are all mentally groaning everytime we visit the twin’s Daddy in the hospital.  She managed to slip Jessica inside the hospital room without Yunho knowing, is pretty much a piece of cake because of Sooyoung and Taeyeon’s awesome acting.  And the gardener façade left me hanging on the capability of my lungs to hold air, I laughed so much.  Even though Jessica keeps harassing me with her heavy and violent hands.  Kudos to Tiffany.  Let us add Seo Juhyun’s way of being the trustable nun that Yunho practically fell out of her practiced lies.

 

Of course, the old man knows everything, Taeyeon the daddy’s girl filled him with full details on every plot Yunho has formulated at the span of 5 months of Mr. Jung’s unfortunate comatose state. 

 

The wedding and the deal has been called off, thank the heavens, it is mainly because Mr. Jung is the head rumple.  It’s quite funny how he looks like the upgraded version of Taeyeon, he is the man that can do everything.  In just a swipe of his fingers and a glare of his eyes, Yunho immediately cowered like a child.  And the Whitmore’s are in no place to argue, although they are very powerful, their company is still not as big as TSJ. So much for being greedy, both sides are.  But unfortunately, Mom and Dong guy is still in Korea, I don’t know what is keeping them here, must be enjoying the luxury of being rejected? Funny right?

 

“Yuri.” Mr. Jung reached out to me, oh, he is already awake.  I am in charge of taking care of him since Tiffany is on her daily patient rounds and Taeyeon is in Japan again, eating her dinner.  God this brat.  The old Jung is recovering fast and I can see the pink hue emerging in his cheeks already.  I adjusted my position in the couch right beside his hospital bed, smiling at him.

 

“Are you feeling alright now Mr. Jung?” I asked him.  Mr. Jung chuckled, patting my head. 

 

“Feeling great actually.”

 

“That’s good to hear Mr. Jung.  You rest well and you will be back on track in no time.” I grinned, blushing at the thought of having this conversation with Jessica’s father.  The Chairman of TSJ looks old but he is absolutely dashing at this age, his eyes are of Taeyeon’s, full of glint and his nose is an exact carbon copy of Jessica Jung’s straight and glorious nose but what intrigues me the most is his own pair of lips which is very much perfectly shaped.  Almost manga looking.  The twin’s mom is so lucky to have him.

 

“Yuri~ah, do you know that my Jessica likes to design clothes? She wishes to be a fashion designer.” He suddenly questioned.  Closing his eyes while smiling.  Actually, I don’t know that Jessica into designing.  I just know how she is so practical with the way she dresses on our daily gatherings, she happens to style my way of dressing too.

 

 I literally enjoyed that small moment where Mr. Jung just continues to blabber about everything related to the twins.  How Taeyeon is a classic ert, ever since she is a toddler, groping the butts of her past nannies, How Jessica convinced him to eradicate a whole cucumber plantation in their land in Seoul, the first time the twins took a step, and how Jessica and Taeyeon will cry at the same time when they are months old. I adored his antiques, his eyes in telling the story clearly states that he loves his princesses so much, his love for Yunho too is very much visible. 

 

 Until a lone tear flowed from the eyes of the loving father,

 

“It hurts how their mom never witnessed how amazing the twins are.  She always wanted to dress up the twins when she is still pregnant.  And it hurts how my Taengoo and Sooyeonie never experienced their mom’s love for them.” He silently cried.  Their mom, just the mere thought of it makes my heart ache.  My emotions are all over the place that I didn’t notice how I cried along with Mr. Jung.

 

“Yuri, I want you to be Jessica’s future.  You make her happy and I approve everything about it.  Just promise me to never hurt her, because I will always be here to cure her wounds.  Even if it means destroying you.” Mr. Jung looked at me seriously before turning his frightening face into a grinning dork.  Now he looks like Taeyeon it’s creepy.

 

“Just joking.  But I am quite serious.” He continued.

 

“Don’t worry Mr. Jung.  I would never do that.” I gulped.  But at the same time feeling so relieved, I have my girfriend’s father’s blessing.  Let’s just wait for the right time for me to be fully ready to tie the knot with my beloved forever.  I just want to be the perfect wife she can have.  She will be stuck with me forever, aigoo.

 

In a matter of time, Mr. Jung drifted back to sleep.  I heaved a sigh and leaned down at the couch, rubbing my sore neck.  When will Taeyeon come back from her mini feast in Japan? I still need to check up on Jessica.  Maybe she is annoying Hyomin so much at the moment, poor Hyomin she has exams.  Watching my watch, I flinched when the door suddenly opened.  Then Tiffany Hwang in her full doctor attire and her usual bright smile came up to me.

 

“Hey there, Babe.” She kissed my cheek and plopped herself in the sofa beside me.  I leaned my head in her shoulder while pats it, I am drained.  This bestfriend slash ex-girlfriend of mine is my best energy pill as of the moment.

 

“You need rest.  Look at you!” she exclaimed, clamping the both of her hands in my cheek.

 

“Your girlfriend is still not here.  In case you don’t know, I’m on Daddy duty.” Flashing her my smile she sighed and stood up, still not forgetting to poke my forehead like she usually does.  Flipping the metal board in her hands she said, “He is recovering way too fast, I must say.”

 

“Taeyeon is already on her way back here.  You need to go to Jess, I’ll take it from here.  I’m off duty anyway.”

 

“I guess so.  Thanks Fany.”

 

“Anytime, anytime.”

 

“Just don’t ruin the purity of this place and please respect Mr. Jung.” Indicating their wild hormones, who knows what will Tiffany and Taeyeon do in this hospital room when there is just the two of them?  She glared at me, but her crescent shaped eyes came afterwards.

I grabbed my jacket on the couch and approached her, I hug Tiffany and kissed her forehead, never forgetting to bow to Mr. Jung on my way out.

 

 

The corridors of the Seoul Medical Hospital is a fancy one, white linings and a dash of peach embellishments to highlight the texture of the wall.  Some paintings are also lined, creating a homey ambiance. I whistled while I strutted the empty hallway.  Just then, Little Rumple with an apple grinned at me.

 

“Hey you Charcoal.  I reckon you are on your way to Princess Fiona?” Taeyeon mocked, munching the green apple in her hands.  She must be so full in her expensive dinner that she forgot that she and Jessica are twins, which makes her a Princess Fiona too.  Since she is much shorter, she looks more like it. 

 

“Yes I am, Donkey.  Now go to your pink Shrek and leave me in peace.” I walked right past through her.  It is just normal between the two of us already.  So no worries.

 

“Yuri.” She called out.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Your Mom is in the lobby.”

 

My vision turned hazy, I can’t move.  Ever since they arrived, I didn’t met Mom.  I can’t. I am angry for what she have done, but most of all, I am disappointed.  Taeyeon noticed my lack of response, she approached me while she looks something in her jacket’s pocket.

 

“Here, you’ll need it.”

 

Taeyeon threw me a candy.  A freaking candy, but the candy has a message printed on its back, it must be those variety of candies that they sell in the market with various message on every pack.  I stifled a laugh when I saw the message in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter