CHAPTER XVII

Confessions of a Hopeless Millionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER XVI

“Yuri and TaeNy”

 

Jessica fell asleep shortly after our heated session in the car, as much as I want to go further with that, the sense of respect for her took over.  Taking extra short glances at her from time to time while focusing on the road, I have noticed the drastic loss of weight.  Her cheekbones are clearly visible, her limbs are also sagging but nevertheless her whole demeanour is perfect.  I admit I have been a jerk and a coward for leaving her to face that problem her brother have caused, but what can I do? But I guess with this circumstances already happening, I guess I have to sharpen my sword and fight for my only source of happiness.

 

I have to thank Rumple too.  She is apparently my guardian demon, clearly she is not an angel.  Just joking.  Taeyeon is somewhat our cupid, pushing us both in our boundaries and making us move.  That mini heart attack I have experienced for a brief moment when I saw that infamous black Porsche sped its way out of their garage door, my instinct and my adrenaline rush told me that Rumple is in a mission. And here is it is, I am officially involved in the kidnapping of Donghae Whitmore’s fiancée.  I broke a smile when the thought of having Jung Taeyeon and Kwon Yuri as suspects is hilarious.

 

Jessica stirred I her sleep, facing the window.  Her whole back side glory is adorning my eyes.  I stopped the car for a short moment and I reached for the pink blanket in the back which is clearly owned by Tiffany.  Don’t misunderstand.  It’s just because Dr. Hwang have graveyard shifts often, and if her beautiful cousin is too busy emptying a restaurant to pick her up, I am tasked to do it.  Tiffany has this trauma of driving at night, maybe because she hates bugs so much that she detests the sight of them in her headlights.  But knowing that she have Taeyeon who will apparently send a chopper to pick her up, I guess my duty is done.  I covered my girlfriend with the blanket and eventually she snuggled cutely in it. 

 

Driving for about an hour and still my mind is still an empty bubble.  Where would I hide Jessica for the mean time until her Dad wakes up and get the demon out of Yunho’s mind?  I mean Jung Yunho is a powerful brat and he will definitely find her.  I rummaged my brain for a possible solution hoping that the spirits of this barren fields would somehow hear my plea.  Just then, I heard my phone rang in my pockets. 

 

 

“Monkey.” Sooyoung echoed in the other line.

 

“What do you want?” I replied with a monotonous voice.  I can certainly confirm that she is with my sister in the junkyard again.  The blasting of the tv in the background is making me roll my eyes.  Sooyoung let out a sigh, the crunch of chips is audible.  God she is eating again?

 

“Jessica is missing.  It’s all over the news.” She stated, a hint of worry in her voice.

 

“Oh she is?” it is not a badtime to play jokes with Sooyoung right?

 

“What do you mean by that? Hello Jessica Jung is missing and you are practically reacting like a monkey suffering from amnesia? Where are you anyway?” she hollered.  I stifled my laugh with a hand in my mouth because I might wake Jessica up.

 

“Where is Yoona?” I tried to divert the topic.  Caressing Jessica’s hair with my free hand.

 

“She is going to be missing too if you are not going to tell me where the crap are you.”

 

“Chill you idiot.  Jessica is with me.  Now where is my sister?” I finally asked her.

 

“What the ! Did you kidnap her?!” This exaggerating giant! God.

 

“No! Ask the dwarf if you want the full coverage.”

 

“Huh.  The dwarf is in the tv right now.  Full grin.  I may add.  Taeyeon Jung just announced to the whole world that her Dad has woken up from coma.  And if you value the family bond of your girlfriend, I suggest you return her to the Jungs right now.”  Sooyoung said.  I have a hard time arranging paragraphs in my head, the paragraph of telling her that this is not my plan at all, it is the dwarf’s plan.

 

“Soo, this is Taeyeon’s plan.  She wants me to hide Jessica until her father beat the crap out of Yunho and cancel the wedding.  Make sense?”  The other line went quiet for a moment.  Sooyoung and her internet explorer mind connection is in full operation.

 

“Yes it does.  Now where are you planning to hide her? Yunho will certainly raid all of your hotels and villas Yul.” she asked.

 

“I don’t know.  I am travelling with her right now.  Nowhere to go.  I am just driving.  Any ideas?”

 

“Where are you exactly?” Once again my bestfriend asks, impatiently.

 

“Approaching Gwangju.  I never expected that I have driven this far.” I replied with a shock as I take a look at my GPS.

 

“Yuri.”

 

“Yeah”

 

“Do you remember Nanny Grace?” Sooyoung inquired.  Nanny Grace, hmmmm.  The name is so familiar.  My memory is still not intact after all of this scenarios that happened, so yeah. 

After a good 5 minutes of contemplating unnecessary files in corrupted brain, I remembered the ever loving, Nanny Grace.  Fyi, Nanny Grace is Sooyoung’s nanny, the one who literally raised her because her parents are so busy running their company.  At times when we are little, a few months after I arrived in Seoul from America, I met Sooyoung in an ice cream store and Nanny Grace is with her and the rest is history.  Why is she asking for her?

 

“Yes, I do. Your Nanny? How is she?” I asked.  Honestly, I have no news regarding Nanny Grace after she left because of old age and Sooyoung just literally bawled in front of Yoona and me for weeks.  Even Tiffany came up to an idea of hiring a personal psychologist to psycho Sooyoung out of her misery, but as usual food always works. 

 

“She lives in Gwangju Yul.  With her family.  I can give her a call to help.”

 

Wow.  Thank You Lord.

 

“Oh, Please Soo! Thank You so much! I love you!” I shouted excitedly.  Slightly jumping in my seat.  Sooyoung chuckeld loudly before she uttered the word “okay” and I ended the call to give her time to call Nanny Grace.  Maybe me and Jessica will grab a snack or a lunch box in the first convenience store we encounter in this endless highway.  My stomach is kinda whining now, maybe out of hunger, blame my love for this sleeping girl that I barely eat, I camped on her house for days after the supposed to be “break up” to check on her.  Of course aside from the countless of security guards going back and forth in the mansions driveway and Taeyeon’s car casually getting in and out every midnight and early morning, probably picking up Tiffany, I never get a chance to see her.  I was a damn good coward.  Taeyeon might’ve noticed my car one day and she executed that plan.  Well, I did tried to stay incognito as possible.

 

The sleeping princess in her pink pajamas and grey hood jacket sprawled in her small head is still sleeping soundly.  We are now near the Gwangju proper and I guess I have to wake her up.  I bet she has not yet eaten her breakfast.

 

“I love you.” A voice said beside me, causing me to jerk on my seat. I swerved my eyes towards the body beside me.  She is awake.  Her brown orbs is staring right back at me with a small smile in her luscious pink lips.

 

“I love you too.  Did you sleep well?” I asked, ruffling her hair in the process in which she giggled cutely after.

 

“Yes, aren’t you tired?” she moved slightly in her seat, the mere distance that separates us now is the gear stick of my car.

 

“No.  Are you hungry?”

 

“A little.  You should eat too.  You’ve been camping outside my house for a while now.  Do you have any proper meals Baby?” Jessica asked worriedly.  She took of her jacket and I instantly became hot at the sudden gesture.  God, this is not a proper time to fantasize over her body Kwon Yuri.  Please.  And the fact that she knows that I am being the modern girl scout made my ears red due to embarrassment.

 

“I have Baby.  Believe me.  God you saw me?”

 

“Of course.  But I don’t know at first that is you until the day my twinnie dragged me and the BMW car sprinted too.” She smiled.  Casually taking my phone beside me while she scanned the entire mobile that probably is full of her candid pictures I took whenever I like. 

 

“What is this? Why do you have this picture?” her eyebrows meeting at the center of her face, Jessica asked me.  I squinted my eyes at the picture only to witness my picture with Tiffany on our elementary graduation with me kissing her forehead. 

 

GOD WHY.

 

~~

 

After several monologues of my eternal love for her and a chapter of explaining that I tend to keep memories in my phone that I treasure the most and there is nothing to be jealous about, she finally gave me a break from her green self.  As if nothing happens, I stared at Jessica who is enjoying her cup noodles from this convenient store we managed to stumble on.  The sales lady looks like she didn’t give a single about us, maybe she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter