Chapter XIII

Confessions of a Hopeless Millionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER XIII

“Jessica and her Thoughts”

JESSICA's POV

2 weeks.  I’ve been away from Yuri for two weeks, clearly I am in the verge of jumping of the Pacific Ocean to swim back to her but being me, I can’t.  I am not a human rumple like my twin, besides I have something to do here in Cali which includes everything that is Yuri.  Keeping a secret from Taeyeon is not my way, not Jessica Jung at all.  Taeyeon is my human diary, the only person who manage to stay with me in our mother’s womb for 9 months.  We vowed to never hide any secrets from each other, and here I am, covering up my lie with the help of her girlfriend.  Technically, I don’t want to involve Tiffany in this but I guess I had to.  She is the only one who has this information about a certain someone who I think Yuri needs some settling talk to.  And that is the main reason why I am here, not for the lame joke of me wanting to get tanned? I like my skin the way it is.  The only person I like who is tanned is Kwon Yuri.

 

Taeyeon told me that she will filter Yuri.  Taeyeon always is the protective one between us, but she rarely makes her emotions surface at all, so she do all of this caring acts behind the scene and let others do get the credits while she smiles at the background, being proud of her doings.  I wonder if she has already done it.  But I really hope she won’t, I am against it but who will even dare to question Taeyeon?  She wants to do it her way and I am in no position to fight.  Besides I am lowkey agreeing to it.  First, I want to know how Yuri will go on for the sake of this relationship.  Because clearly, something s holding her back.  Something is hindering her in showing her true self to me.  Of course I feel her love, I can feel her sincerity but that is not enough to make me settle to the fact that no one will ever take her away from me.  Yes, I am being paranoid but what if someone out there will kiss her all of a sudden without her permission and she will turn a backflip and ask me to break it up with her? No.  I don’t want that.  She is mine and no one will ever touch Kwon Yuri the way I do.  No one will ever hear those I love yous from her precious lips beside me.  Kwon Yuri is mine and I will do anything, everything to make sure that it will stay that way. 

 

Call me obsess but I have been wanting her ever since kindergarten.  When that tan dork offered me her lunch because my dearest twinnie stole my lunch because she just wants to steal it.  Like I said, Taeyeon cannot be argued with.  I cried and eventually,

 

“Why are you crying?” a husky voice for a kindergartner echoed beside me.  I turned my head, wondering why is this new face ever want to be in a conversation with me.  As far as I know, no one hangs out with us because we are known as TSJ’s Corps. Daughters and therefore they dubbed our blood to be so blue no red blooded can touch.  Kids even though their status in the world is pretty high, avoided us.  So maybe I can blame our status in this society why the both of us are like this.  Taeyeon being the bully, as a kid, she only wants attention, but even though she tried very hard to make friends, she can’t.  So she did the alternative.  As for me, I let myself be isolated, covering up my naturally bubbly character into a cold mask so that no one can hurt me.  Or so I thought.

 

 The sun is shining in her skin that is clearly not in a milky shade.  Her smile is very appealing, full of innocence.  I have this urge to touch her cheeks just to make sure it is not stretching so much because the girl is smiling widely, almost a grin.  Her hair is tied in a two-ear hairdo.  Each of the bundle of hair is being held by a Mickey Mouse band.  The bench that I am sitting at is kinda high, and my face contorted into a small smile when I saw her cute legs paired up with her pink socks dangling into the air.  Swaying back and forth.  She is new, she must be the new girl who is the talk of the school.  The new kid.  The mysterious kid and her sister.  Sad to say even in the world of kindergarten, hierarchy lingers.

 

“My twin stole my lunch.” I replied with a sniff.  The girl’s eyebrows creased for a moment, her dorky grin vanished and I wished I have never answered her question.  I want to see that smile, the comfort is so odd it is almost unbearable.  But the smile returned almost instantly.  I flashed her an unknowing look. 

 

“Stay here.” She said.  Although I nodded in reply, she didn’t see it because she sprinted all the way towards the classroom.  And when she came back she is holding her red Mickey Mouse lunch box in her cute hands. 

 

“Here.  Take it, I am not hungry anyway.” Her smile radiated.  I don’t know what to do but I unexpectedly held out my hand to accept her lunch box. 

 

“Thanks.” I managed to utter in my most respectful tone.  The girl settled beside me again, closing her eyes in the process as she feel the slow breeze of the afternoon.  I opened the lunch box and I can attest that this girl is pampered.  A salad dish, bacon and a sandwich made from the most expensive cheese.  I know because Dad likes to put cheese in our lunch.  Taeyeon is an avid fan of cheese.  I can mistake her for a mouse. 

 

“You must be Taeyeon’s twin.” She asked all of a sudden.  I mentally choked myself. 

 

“Why did you know that?”

“Well, she gave lunch to that unfortunate kid outside of the school.”  And then it struck me like a bullet.  Taeyeon stole my lunch to give it to a kid who needs it more than I do.  As always she hides her generous acts.  I guess I have to give Taeyeon a thumbs up later.

 

“What is your name?” I asked the girl who is now playing with her hands as if they are her favourite play thing.

 

“Kwon Yuri.”

 

When my tongue decided to open up to give my name to Yuri, the bell rang and she dashed her way.  Leaving me with her lunchbox in my lap.  Yuri, what a nice name.  I smile shyly knowing that I have complimented a girl.

 

The morning came and I begged our nanny to make me this awesome sandwich.  To repay Yuri for her kindness and to return her lunchbox.  I entered the classroom with a beam in my face hoping that we are in the same class.  But I never saw Yuri again. 

 

Destiny did made miracles.  Just when I thought, I am getting mad for this feelings for a girl I meet during kindergarten, she returned.  But we are already in highschool.  Many things changed, like for example, I already dated a bunch of boys just to test that I don’t swing that way but heck I am still in love with this kindergarten memory.  But one thing hasn’t change, the society still is afraid of us.  Digesting the fact that we will never be normal, me and Taeyeon just decided to let them be.  Hanging out with just the both of us, in the gazebo behind that old school church.  I did enjoyed my twinnie’s company, we make fun of everything.  Considering Taeyeon is a casa nova in highschool I managed to know things I am not supposed to know, like when the gossip of the Kwon Corp’s daughter spread throughout the school.  Honestly, I don’t care but the surname Kwon.  And it was her, the only person that made my heart skip.  I wonder why she left America all of a sudden without giving me a chance to get to know her better.  Taeyeon told me to grab and kiss her like hell but hey I am not her.  I watched my dream girl behind the scenes, like begging for the faculty to allow me to give information about my school plays to the students in advance for them to gossip about it and maybe just maybe the gossip will reach Yuri and she will be able to watch me play. 

 

The first play that I saw her watching me is when I am asked to play about a lost love but eventually finds their way towards each other.  I don’t know why but I felt a connection, like she is watching the play for me.  She is with her friend I know only by the name, Choi Sooyoung, the daughter of the Choi Industries.  I fancy their malls, restaurants and hotels. Or maybe I just fancy Kwon Yuri that I made a background check.  The hall in full of my fangirls and fanboys but I only have my eyes at a certain tanned woman sitting at the back of the massive area.  She looks really interested in contrary to Sooyoung whose face screams boredom.  I did my best.  I poured every emotion in the piano, and I hope it reached her, I hope my feelings are being delivered despite having to know that she must forget the memory in the past.  Never did I forget about that.

 

“Hey twinnie.” Taeyeon approached me in the veranda of my room.  Handling me a hot Choco drink because the weather

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter