Chapter VIII

Confessions of a Hopeless Millionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter VIII

“Yuri and her Moment”

 

“Hi.” I croaked, my voice is visibly equipped with my defensive shield of cautiousness, I croaked not because of the cold weather but because of the awkwardness of the moment.  Jessica spun her head almost immediately thinking I was Taeyeon for a mere second.  When her eyes laid right at my own, I froze.  I never expected her eyes to be this beautiful when she is surprised or rather caught up in a sudden moment she did not expect.  Just the two of us, the moonlight’s dim share of light, and the slow murmurs of the lake beside us, this is a perfect scenario, for a romantic novel or a movie.  But for us, maybe not. 

 

I slowly approached her, still contemplating whether to give her the blanket and just ran like I am just a concern individual or I will engage a small talk with the girl I like and get to know more details in her perfectly shaped life.  Or I will just bug Taeyeon into telling me more, of course with Tiffany as a leverage.  That midget will tell me nothing if I will not use the Tiffany card.  But as I was drowning in my own thoughts of vast alternatives, I didn’t notice that I am in front of her.  Still her eyes are unreadable, but she is looking right back at me.  I have no choice but to grin.  How lame.

 

“What are you doing here?” She asked me, her eyes are not cold.  It’s rather soft, with a tinge of wonder.  Of course, why would she not wonder? Out of all the people inside the traditional house, I, Kwon Yuri decided to give her the blanket in this chilly romantic set-up.  Only a fool would do that, and I guess I am indeed a fool.  Without having so much thoughts, I took the small space beside her and I handed her blanket in her lap which she eyed with a surprised look.

 

“Taeyeon told me to give that to you.” My alibi is absolutely up to my expectations.  But eventually, I realized that I’ve failed.  Why would Taeyeon and me get along? Why did Taeyeon ask me to give that to her, when she can give it to her herself? I mentally smacked my dilapidated brain.  Her lips curved upwards for a moment.  I guess she smiled?

 

“Ah.” Her monosyllabic reply caught me of guard.  Basing on her attitude to snap on people all of a sudden, I have expected her to snap on me.  But she didn’t.  The awkward silence engulfed both of us and due to me being the biggest wimp of all, I did not utter a single word.  Being the princess that she is or whatnot she might be expecting me to say a word to her first, but duh? I’m a girl too.  I need to put on my act.  Girls don’t talk first!  They let a guy talk to them first and then we will go with the flow and act all cheesy and demure and obviously, play hard to get.  But the thing is we are both girls.  You can’t expect Jessica to be the man in a same relationship do you? Imagine her putting a seatbelt, opening a cardoor, being nagged by a jealous girlfriend.  No, that is not the reality we are being spoon-fed for.  The reality is Jung Jessica is a fragile princess, a clingy twin to her not so clingy twin, a spoilt daughter of one of the richest men in the world, a caring girl if you look deeper and most of all Jessica Jung is Kwon Yuri’s bully. 

Jessica wrapped her blanket around herself and faced the lake.  Granted that she will not say thank you with her pride and her attitude.  I just shrugged the fact that I hate people who is not capable of thanks.

 

“Thank You.”

 

Oh, she said Thanks. WAIT WHAT?! She said thanks did she? I blinked, I counted or rounded off my blinks to a millionth time.  I sat there motionless, afraid that if I move, her soft voice that is still ringing in my ear will disappear.

 

“W…w..what dod you say?” I stuttered.  The sound of her giggle is once again heard. 

 

“I said Thank You.”  She said once again, this time she faced me with her warm smile, her teeth glows like pearls in the moonlight. 

 

“For what?” I asked.  Finally mustering the courage to have my voice in control.  At least this time I did not stutter.  My position is kinda awkward, considering that I am right at the edge of my seat and if I make a sudden move, I will roll down the hill, so I scooted.  Thanks to my position, I am like so close to her that I can see her cute nose but nor her long lashes.  We are close but no so close.  You get it?

 

“I know Taeyeon like the back of my hand.  And I also know that she will not ask you to bring me the blanket.  Taeyeon will always carry me back in my room, when every time I fell asleep in our poolside, accidentally.” Jessica once again focused her attention in waters while she goes on with her subtle speech of how she busted of my lame excuse earlier.  Yet again, I mentally groaned and smacked myself.  But I decided not to say anything. 

 

“So, I know that you brought the blanket here in your own accord.  Am I right?”

 

“Ye…y..yes.  I just saw that you are not in the house yet and I decided to bring you a blanket because it’s cold.” I replied, my fingers are clasped together.  Saying my silent prayer, my prayer to let my mouth shut up just for this moment before I spill things to her, the things I am not able to spill.  Jessica Jung tightens the blanket around her and let out a girly giggle once again.  I raised an eyebrow, trying to read what’s in her mind as of the moment.

 

“Why would you care for me? The last time I checked, you hate me.”

 

“I don’t hate you Jessica.  I..I..Yes..I did hate you.  But you started it first! I said I was sorry for y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter