009

the Huntress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: guys i didn't utterly fail my math exam so i wrote this in celebration :)) 

009

The second that I set a hand on the door handle that leads to the back room, the double doors fly open and I’m thrown back. I smack my back against a framed painting, landing on a table as half a dozen fae flood out of the doors. I let my rings light up white, enclosing my fists with light. As my rings engage, the pain fades away and strength laces up my limbs as I push off the table and launch myself at the fae.

“Kai, keep one topside,” I order, ducking under a ghostly white arm and slamming my fist into their chest. A shower of a glitter for every fae that I condemn back to hell. We make quick work and we have only the one left when Byunghun and Lissa burst through the front door.

I know hair out of my face as Kai tosses the fae on his back on one of the tables.

“You okay?” Kai asks.

I turn to him, confused as the fae writhes again Kai who has him pinned down by the throat. “Yeah, of course.”

“Sweetheart, you have glass embedded in your back,” Lissa says with a breath, moving to examine my back. Now that she mentioned it, I did notice the feeling of several foreign objects in my back.

“Later, do you have some demonic powers that will get information from him?” I ask Kai.

He turns to me with a furrowed brow. “Red, that’s called torture.”

Joey shakes his head at his prince. “I can compel him, move aside Jongin.”

He all but shoves Kai out of the way. Kai flips him off good-naturedly before moving to lounge on the counter behind me, sipping a left-over bubble tea. Lissa moves to stand on my other side and Byunghun looks down at the fae in what I can only imagine is intimidating.

“What is your name?” He asks, his eyes lighting up green. The fae squirms under the gaze, looking desperately towards us.

His mouth opens and a musical language that I don’t understand drips from his lips. Kai rolls his eyes, setting his drink down. “This is going to take forever. You sure you don’t just want me to burn his skin off?”

I turn to Kai and smack his drink out of his hands. He watches as it splashes across the floor in disinterest before grabbing another drink.

“Who are you with?” Byunghun asks. It takes a bit longer, but the fae’s mouth is ripped open.

More of the decipherable language.

 “He’s with the radicals,” Kai translates. “A page boy, great the one we don’t kill is about as useless as the ones we sent back to hell.”

“Where is Amy Sirdonna?” Byunghun asks.

The fae shuts his mouth, pressing his lips together. It looked like his jaw was moving on his own, a pained look on his face as blood began to drip from his eyes. Byunghun sighed, reaching forward and laying a hand on the fae’s shoulder.

“Where is she?” He repeats.

The fae gasps. “Hell.” Before his eyes roll back and his disappears in an explosion of glitter.

Kai’s eyebrows have raised. “To make her their human queen, they would have had to keep her alive. And I definitely would have noticed if they brought someone alive down to hell.”

I turned to him. “There’s more than one hell.”

 

“When you said there was more than one hell, I thought you were talking about one’s deep psychological place of darkness, yadda, yadda, yodel,” Kai says and we stand side-by-side in front of one of most well-known fae nightclubs in Portland. Above us was a massive neon sign that boasted the name. Hell.that

I grinned, shoving my hand into my pockets. “Nah, there’s only really one hell that people care about,” I tell him, reaching for my HDA badge.

He stops me before I can step up to the bouncers.

“You really think they’re going to let you in if you flash your badge?” Kai asks, grabbing my badge and slipping it into one of his pockets.

“How were you planning on getting inside?” I ask, narrowing my eyes. “Give me my damn badge back.”

“No,” Kai says, looking down at me with a teasing smile. “Where are you going to put it? In that tiny little back pocket? If you’re caught with this badge on you, the radicals are just going to run.”

I hated how much sense he was making.

“How were you planning to get inside?” I ask again, not wanting him to have the satisfaction of being right but knowing that he got it the second I ignored his logic.

“My name,” Kai says, reaching for my hand and slipping it around his arm. “It’s on the list.”

“Of course, it is,” I roll my eyes. I want to pull but he steps up to the bouncer and there was knowing going back.

“Kai,” He said his name and I watched as eyes started to glow gold. The bouncer nodded once, moving out of the way to allow us past. Kai inclines his head generously before stepping inside, towing me along.

I really hated nightclubs. Supernatural nightclubs were even worse. My rings had warmed to the point that they were beginning to burn on my fingers, begging to condemn. Kai felt the warmth.

“Remember, don’t condemn, it will send them running,” he said, leading me around the mass of dancing people toward the bar.

“I’ll try my hardest,” I simper, offering him a sugary sweet smile and tightening my fingers around his bicep. His lips curl upwards, but I ignore him.

“Wait,” I came to a stop. My rings recognized a familiar supernatural. Gazing around the room, I allowed Kai to continue towards the bar.

“What is it?” Kai says, sitting us down and waves the bartender away.

“My rings recognize somebody,” I say, turning in my seat to view the crowd of people. Kai turns beside me casually. Somehow, he has a glass of something in his hand even though he sent the bartender away.

“Somebody from the sweet sixteen?” Kai asks. I shrug.

“Maybe,”

“Helpful as always Red,”

I resist the urge to roll my eyes.

Suddenly I spot a familiar face. Ambassador Landon White, walking alone up the stair to the second level.

“Landon,” Kai says, noticing him just as I. “What is he doing in a nightclub?”

“I’m guessing he isn’t the type of guy to be found in a nightclub?” I ask.

the barstool towards Landon. “Not at all.” His voice is curious stepping offKai shakes his head, as if he was interested to know what the ambassador was doing here. I had a bad feeling about this. I let my rings light up and the crowd subconsciously parted to allow us through.

“Landon!” Kai called. The ambassador turns around and takes one look at us before breaking into a run up the rest of the stairs.

“Damn,” I mutter, and we run after him. Kai shoves dancers out of the way easily and starts up the stairs behind Landon.

“Bastard, I knew there was something off about him. The last time I saw him, I had to knock him out to keep from attempting to kill me.” Kai tells me over his shoulder. “I thought his response had far fewer teeth than he promised.”

“And you couldn’t tell me this when we met him, why?” I ask.

“I assumed that I had grown on him,” he responds nonchalantly as if that was something that just happened to him.

“Of course, that’s what you thought,” I say. The moment that we’re on the stairs, Kai shoots forward in a blur, returning in seconds with a flailing Landon.

“Let go of me you foul beast,” I hear his voice as Kai throws the ambassador out onto the dance floor. The crowd separates mindlessly to avoid him and continue their activities. He struggles to get up, but I storm up to him and slam my boot down on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter