001

the Huntress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hello luvlies~ Welcome to the first chapter of the Huntress :) Hope you enjoy!

 

The light from the street lamp glinted off the metal of my rings, casting strange beams of intensified light onto the dumpster in front of me. I sat, impatiently waiting on the damp concrete of the alleyway, my back pressed against the hard brick building, both knees propped up in front of me. I rested my arms on my jean clad legs, stretching them out in front of me to admire my rings.

Seven on each hand, all silver but of various designs. They hummed on my fingers, alive with electricity that coursed through my body. Bored, I leaned my head against the wall. I could feel the vibrations of music, blasted from the speakers and rattling the foundation of the building. I longed to join the humans inside. They danced without fear of those around them. They knew nothing of the monsters that lurked in their lives.

It had already rained twice tonight and I was soaked to the bone. My dark long hair hung limply around my face, sticking to my skin on my neck and bare shoulders uncomfortably but I had neither the energy or care to brush it out of the way.

I was on dumpster duty for the twenty-eighth night in a row. I was one of the most powerful Hunters of my sector rolling around in the filth of downtown Portland waiting for a class four demon to show itself. And I had been waiting for most of the night.

Just as I was promising myself this was the last hour, my senses picked up the presence of the targeted demon. My rings glowed warmly for a moment, confirming my suspicions. I only had to wait a few moments before the back door of the nightclub swung open with a bang and the class four demon stumbled out into the alleyway connected at the mouth to a human female.

The demon halted immediately, noticing the presence of a Hunter. I glanced up at him and smiled like I was glad to see him. And I really was. The demon was beautiful, rather the body that he occupied was. A golden-haired male with dark eyes and thin lips.

The demon froze and the girl he was with, turned to look at what he was staring at. They both watched as I hauled myself to my feet. The human girl let out a small gasp of surprise

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter