Revealed

Reading your lips

Soon he brought her in his room and lied her on his bed.There she stopped to cry and just hugged him. YongGuk realized after a while that she was asleep. She seemed peaceful and did a nap of half an hour. She woke up groggy, with puffy eyes.

 

He gently cupped her face and she raised her eyes on him. « Do you feel better ? »

 

She nodded. « Much better. Thanks you. »

 

YongGuk looked at her sat up in his bed and blushed slightly. She had a simple tee shirt from his sister, with a jogging. Her hair was messy and wavy from her bath. Eunji noticed this :

 

« Do you have unappropriate thoughts about me sitting in your bed ? »

 

He shook his head panicked and she giggled before kissing him. « I'm hungry. Let's go to my dad restaurant. »

 

He let her lead. She took a different line from his usual one and during the trajet, rested her head on his shoulder. She get off in the middle of the city and walked around for some time. She got in and YongGuk noticed that the place was quiet. A classy restaurant. With well-dressed people. The silence of the place was almost unreal. He looked at Eunji drag him to the kitchen and, he arrived in a  busy kitchen.

 

« Eunji, you're here !!! »

 

Right away, her dad hugged her tighly before looking at her in shock « Did you cry ? What happened ? Why don't you have your hearing aids ?»

 

Eunji was dumnfounded by his questions. He wasn't her father for nothing. Despite her smile, he could sense that something happened. She giggled.  « Hmm, I made it fall in the sink in the toilets. I'm so clumsy sometimes !!! »

 

He frowned. « Huh. So what do you want to eat ? »

 

YongGuk looked at her grin, and her father nodded, amused. « The most expensive meal for the princess. What about you YongGuk ? »

 

« Hmm, tonight menu ? » YongGuk said, hoping that this was a thing there. Her father nodded. "I'm doing that then."

Eunji thanked him and toke back YongGuk hand. She opened a door and sat on a chair, YongGuk did the same. 'So there's also private room like this.' It was so quiet. YongGuk looked at Eunji and grabbed her wrist, making her raise her eyes to his lips.

 

« Why didn't you tell him ? » He asked while she was reading the new men, asking herself if she should change her meal. She looked at him dumbfounded, realizing that he talked and he repeated himself clearly.

 

Eunji sighed. « I don't want to worry him. He'll be so sad if I tell him about Minah. He thinks I'm doing well, so I don't want to ruin everything. »

 

« He obviously didn't believe you. » He said to her. She smiled.

 

« Hmm, I'll think we'll get a visit then. »

 

YongGuk looked at her confused but not daring to ask more, but the meal arrived and she was eating with appettite. In the middle of the meal, the door opened violently by  Daehyun.

 

He grabbed Eunji by the shoulders before signing to her frenetically. She responded calmly, but it failed to work. She had weird expressions, annoyed, she would sigh so often that YongGuk felt amused by her character. She seemed so different while signing, more confident and lively. Her expressions were more diverse and accentued.

 

« But I'm fine. » Eunji signed, annoyed by Daehyun being that worried about her.

 

Daehyun gave her an harsh look and she nodded. « I swear. »

 

He  nodded, starting to ignor her and took YongGuk hand in his. He bowed repeatidely. He poked Eunji shoulder and soon she was forced to translate.

 

« Thanks for protecting her. She's like my sister. I would have feen very bad either way. » She said right after Daehyun signed.

 

YongGuk smiled to him. « That's nothing. »

 

He had no time to say this that Daehyun hugged him tighly. He stiffened a little bit in the hug, making Eunji amused. She talked a little bit more with Daehyun before standing up and opening the door with an obvious smile.

 

He narrowed his eyes and went out not before bowing to YongGuk. Making Eunji smile.

 

« How did he know ? »

 

« My father probably told him that I cried and that he should check on me. So I told him what happened, as a secret. »

 

YongGuk nodded. He took a spoonful of his food and sighed. Eunji's father is indeed an excellent Chief.

 

« I think I should keep an eye on him. He loves you a little bit too much to my taste. »

 

YongGuk chuckled, almost choking his food. Eunji stood up and gave him a glass of water. While he drunk it, she sweetly his back. YongGuk blushed, not used to all of those atenttions. He thanked him and he was pretty sure she didn't get it, yet she smiled softly. 

Suddenly Eunji realized something : « Hmm I'm sorry if I didn't translate. Daehyun signs so fast, I'm not used to do that. »

YongGuk shrugged, with a smile. He easily guessed what she told him anyways. She smiled back and they ate quietly for a few seconds before YongGuk realized that she worried about him feeling excluded. This way to feel isolated may be the daily life of Eunji. Not hearing her surroundings. Getting less than half the conversation when people talked. Feel lost.

He grabbed her hand and she instantly looked at him in the eyes, curious and concentrated. He stared at her, she looked like she doesn't want to miss any of his words. She would joke on the fact that she's not talented on reading on lips yet she does so much efforts to communicate.

« Eunji, do you feel lost when you don't have your device ? » He said clearly so she'll be able to catch his words on his lips. She asked him to repeat and this time she gets his question. She lost her smile, and shrugged.

« Sometimes. I told you : I mostly talk with people I'm used to. I can comfortably read on their lips because I'm familiar with them. For other people, it's this sensation. But I simply don't talk with them. »

 

YongGuk took her hand. « Teach me the sign langage. »

 

« What ? » She said, he couldn't be saying that right now.

 

« The sign langage. Teach me that. Everyone around you learnt. I want to learn too. » He was determined. His eyes were focused on her, wanting to persuade her, she didn't know how to refuse.

 

Eunji blushed. « That's a kind attention. But YongGuk, it takes time and practice. It's a slow processus, it really moves me that you wants to learn it … for me but you don't have to do that. »

 

YongGuk pouted. « Do you plan to ditch me after two months ? »

 

Eunji widened her eyes and shook her head. She didn't want that obviously, YongGuk was too precious to ditch him, he deserved more than that. YongGuk grinned. « Great. Then I have my teacher. »

 

Eunji nodded before smirking. « One condition. Answer me honestly. »

 

YongGuk looked at her and she was deep serious. Theyr eyes stayed in this position for long seconds before he looked away, defeated.

 

« YongJoon was always more popular. More confident. More intelligent. I'm number 2 at sports, maths, history, ice skating or anything, no matter how good I'm at something ...he's better. » He revealed, hating to confess he was the less talented to the girl he wants to impress, to the one that believes sincerely that he's the best.

 

Eunji lost her smile.

 

« You arrived after he left the school, so you didn't hear of him or saw him. He's not like me. If he was your seatmate, he would have talk to you right away and joke with you, put you at ease and not ignor you like I did. He really knows how to behave with girls, what they like and don't. He seduces them in one second by running his fingers in his hair. »

 

Eunji laughed seeing YonGguk imitated his twin. She didn't get all of his words but she got the whole idea. « He sounds like an awful playboy to me. »

 

YongGuk chuckled. « A little bit. But it's pretty much the same with boys, he have tons of friends and very close ones. Everyone admirs him,  he's really a model. »

 

« Good for him then. » Eunji said, not impressed, surprising YongGuk.

 

« I thought that for once, I can be like the main character and not the side chracter. That I could have been someone else than the number two.  But that doesn't mean I don't love him okay. We're twins, so we have a special link. I feel great when I'm with him he's funny and playful. But as soon as people starts to compare …. I come out as the  pale and beta version of YongJoon. »

 

YongGuk touched his lips with his fingers, in shock. « I never told this to someone. »

 

Eunji grabbed his hand and hugged him, making YongGuk hide his head in the crook of his neck. It was too embarassing to say all of that to the person he liked.

 

« You're not his beta version. You're Bang Yong Guk, the quiet, strudy and wise YongGuk. There's nothing wrong with that. Why do you feel so inferior to him ? I saw boys admir you as well when you ran. They admirs you too. You may not be the talkative one but when you were sick, almost all the class asked me how you was doing. YongGuk, you are sure different from him and it's fine. You don't even realize how charming you are, even without running your fingers in your hair. But I swear that I do want to see you do that, I'm sure it'd be y.»

YongGuk laughed and hugged her. Those words were what he needed to hear. This girl what the one he needed to meet. He looked at her, and ran his fingers in his hair, making her laugh.

"I do have a last question : would you be able to tell us apart ?"

 

Eunji looked at his trembling lips. He looked at her annoyed glance. This vexed her. She sighed.

« I hope I do not learn you that but youh have a mole right under the right eye. Your voice also is deeper, he's more muscular than you and have this playboy way to stand, with his shoulders way throw back, he's not straight he's curved. You stand up just straight. You walk way more slower than him, and his speech is not the same. He called Minah Babe. »

 

He saw Eunji frown at this memory and pinched her cheek. « Do you want me to call you 'Babe' ? »

 

Eunji let out a disgusted groan. He laughed. "So what do you think of him ?"

He looked at Eunji sigh again. "It's weird, he looks like you but is not you. If you're subtily asking if you're better, you are. I do not know someone as kind and attentionned. I love your personnality, you're shy but if something bothers you, you'll speak up. You're willing to learn sign langague just for me, I'm not sure eveyone would have done that."

 

He smiled, relieved. He really don't want to see her fall for him under his nose. Eunji took his hand and gently squeezed it. A simple gesture yet Yongguk found this relaxing.

 


Hey, another chapter here !! Do you feel them getting closer ? I do x)

Enjoy and have a good day !