Aware

Reading your lips

She nodded and invited Yong Guk over. He arrived with ice cream. She kissed his cheek and held his hands to the kitchen. He bowed to her father that smiled all friendly. When they finished eating, Eunji smiled to Yong Guk and signed to her father. He nodded and she stood up to grabb his hand and bring him in her room.

She started by kissing him. Yong Guk was a good kisser, his plump lips were pleasing, as his large hands on her waist. There was nothing she disliked on him.She sat on her bed and motionned him to sit next to her. Yongguk looked away and sat on her desk chair, making her laugh.

 

« Your dad really cooks well. You're so lucky. »

 

She smiled and loved his way to feel awkward once more.

 

« Eunji I'm leaving for work now. Be a sweet girl okay ? » Her dad shouted.

 

She nodded and opened the door to sign to him. « Stop saying such things. I'm a big girl. »

 

« You're my baby girl. Just don't do naughty things. »

 

She sighed. « Dad, just go to work. Maybe when you comeback I'm single as . »

 

Her dad gave a worried look. «  Hmmm, come to the restaurant if he does so. »

 

She nodded and motionned him to go away. When she came back to Yong Guk, he was amazed.« You sign so fast. Can you learn me something ? »

 

She looked at him, dumbfounded. « Really ? Like what ? »

« Hmmm, your name. »

 

She smirked and did her sign. A quick J in the air.

 

« That's it ? » Yong Guk said imitating it.

 

« My full name is that." Eunji said before showing him her full name in sign langague. " But in sign langage, someone give you a short sign, like a nickname. It's a convention. Mine is representing joy and energy. Like a radiant sun. »

 

« Whaouh, it really fits you very well. »

 

She thanked him and looked at him sign her name. Eunji sat on his lap and kissed him, thinking that this might be the last time. Yong Guk was the one the pull away.

 

« Hmm, your dad is gone but hmmm, I , well, we shouldn't you know. » Yong Guk tried to said, making her grin. She nodded making him relieved.

 

« Yong Guk I have to tell you something. »

 

Her tone was rather serious so Yong Guk became serious, listenning to her. This was something she loved with him, he always listenned to her with full attention. Like deaf people do, they look at you when you sign.

 

She took the ticket and gave it back to him. « I can't go, I'm sorry. »

 

« Huh ? Is it your dad ? I mean it's a safe event, I can go talk to her right now and clarify things. » YongGuk said, panicked.

 

She sighed. « Yong Guk, my dad would do a lot of things for me to be able to go to a concert, but it's my hearing that makes me unable to go. »

 

He went to sit next to her and put his arm around her. « Explain to me. I don't really get it. »

 

She removed her hearing aids. « My hearing aids make me able to hear. I can't hear a damn thing without it. My right ear is completely dead, so I can only use it on my left. My left ear has like 10% of hearing ability left. I can't hear a damn thing and I have to be cautious with what I do, because I lose it very quickly. My left ear was 50% the first time I got checked. So I can't go to concerts, to clubs, to anything noisy in fact. »

 

Yong Guk looked at her and gulped. « I'm sorry, I didn't know it at all and I bought this, I'm so sorry that I 'm so stupid. I didn't mean to offend you or anything. »

She shook her head. « I do know that YongGuk, you just didn't know, I just had to tell you right. I'm sorry for ruining our first date, tho»

 

He widened his eyes and grabbed her cheeks. « You didn't, let's do something else, there a lot of stuffs we could do ! »

 

Eunji smiled. « Hmm, let's see what we could do. »

 

She her computer and searched for events that take place on this week end.

 

« OH, this !!! Moomin exposition at Seoul museum !! This is perfect !! » Yong Guk said, all excited. Eunji nodded and it was settled. They loved moomins and could spend hours talking about it.

 

« Oh god, that's super exciting, a exposition about moomin !! It's going to be so cute !! »

 

« Huh ! So cute and we'll get to see author photos and stuffs it seems really great !! »

 

YongGuk looked at Eunji that found back her smile and pinched her cheek. « See, that wasn't terrible. I totally prefer the Moomin over a concert. »

Eunji smiled to him. « Oh, thinking of it, what are you going to do with the tickets ? »

 

« Get a refund I guess. »

 

« Oh, Daehyun is interested on going. Can I give him both tickets ? » She asked YongGuk, he gulped and promised to gave her his ticket soon.

 

« But isn't Daehyun deaf ? » He asked unsure of if he could ask that.

 

She smiled .« Yeah, but a concert is way more than music there's vibrations and mood, it's another way to feel the concert, it might seem weird but deaf people really enjoy concert. When I was in my former school, I would always get invited to concert, and had to refuse always. »

 

« Did you feel lonely on those days ? » YongGuk got worried. Does it mean that even in her former school, she felt not at ease ?

 

Eunji shook her head.   « Oh, nope, there's a lot of hard of hearing at my former school. We understand each others well. On those days, we would do other activities, like ice skating.»

 

Yong Guk nodded and hugged her out of the blue. « You know, I'm ignorant, I may try my best but sometimes you'll notice that I'm ignorant on your condition, so be gentle on me, please. »

 

Eunji tighened the hug. « I will. »

 

They hugged for a long time before Yong Guk got a call from home.

 

« Ya. Mom is asking when you're coming home. » His brother said. Yong Guk sighed. It was time to go home.

 

« I'm coming as soon as this call is over. »

 

« Good my dongsaeng. Well, could you buy some strawberries on the way ? Minah is craving for it. »

 

Yong Guk rolled his eyes. « You satisfy her craving. I'm not her boyfriend. »

 

Eunji chuckled hearing him this grumpy. It wasn't his type. He had to hide a smile to continue the call.

 

« Well, you're right on this point. Just come home. It's late. »

 

« Alright Hyung, I'm here soon. » Yong Guk ended the call.

 

Eunji smiled to him. «He really sounds like you, though his voice is not that deep.»

 

He widened his eyes. Usually people can't tell them apart on the phone. Well, almost all his uncles and aunts still can't tell them apart. Even if Yongjoon look more athelic and had shorter hair.

 

« We often get that. » He felt bad saying that. Sure he had a hyung but well, it was not just his hyung, but his twin after all. But well, it's something he didn't want to reveal.

Eunji nodded. « It's funny, you clearly don't look like a dongsaeng. » YongGuk grinned and pecked her cheek. This kind of sentence make him happy. When people see him as an individual, not someone belonging to a pair.

They left her room. She opened the door and walked him to the street. He waved her good bye, making her laugh.

 

« Where is my goodbye kiss ? » She asked, hilarious about his shyness.

 

He pecked her forehead, making her impatient. She grabbed his wrist and touched his lips with hers. She made the kiss last for an unappropriate time before pulling away.

 

« You're unbearable. » He mumbled.

 

« I just love to kiss you. Goodbye boyfriend Yong Guk. » She his shoulder, being really happy that he understood her condition.

 

« See you tomorrow Girlfriend Eunji. » He said before walking away.

 

YongGuk took the bus and arrived home safely.

 

« Oh Yongjoon, you changed yourself ?? »

 

He rolled his eyes and looked at the girl in front of him. Kim Minah. She had a laugh. « Oh it's you YongGuk. Did you get the strawberries ? »

 

He was on the verge to say something when his sister stepped in. « You go grabb your yourself. »

 

Minah rolled her eyes annoyed and got upstairs. Sasha sighed. « She's more annoying day by day. It's crazy. »

 

YongGuk laughed. « So where were you, pretty boy ? »

 

He smiled. « I went to see Eunji. »

 

« The famous girlfriend. » Sasha looked at YongGuk nod with a slight blush. She really hoped that this girl consider herself lucky. « So was she in for the concert ? »

 

Seeing YongGuk shake his head, she became angry. « What this would have been your first date and she ditched ? Whoo what a crazy bit- »

 

Yong Guk covered with his hand. « It's not like that. She can't go. »

« Can't go. » Sasha said with a bad glare. YongGuk wiped away the lipstick transfert on his hand and nodded.

 

« I didn't tell you something about her. » YongGuk didn't define Eunji by the fact she is hard of hearing. When asked to describe her, he automatically wanted to highlight her qualities, her easy smiles, and radiant laughs. « She's hard of hearing. In fact she has a hearing aids and without it she can't hear anything. So because she got only one hearing ear left, she need to be cautious and can't go to nosy events … like concerts. »

 

Sasha widened her eyes. « Oh okay. I wasn't expecting that. At all. »

 

« Now you know." YongGuk said softly, with a smile.  "But it's settled. We're going to an exposition. » Yong Guk said with his eyes sparkling. Sasha nodded and ruffled his hair.

 

« I hope she's a nice girlfriend to you, gosh you're growing too fast. » Sasha said, making YongGuk roll his eyes.

 

« Hyung has girlfriends since a long time ago. Please. »

 

Sasha shook her head. « You're different people. »

 

YongGuk nodded and went to see his mother in her bedroom. « Hello there. »

 

She closed her book. « YongGuk, is everything alright with Eunji ? »

 

« Yeah, Mom, I just had dinner with her and her dad. »

 

« Okay. Try to not stay late at her home. But you could invite her though. I'd like to meet her. »

 

« Mom, I don't think it's a good idea. » YongGuk wasn't ashamed of having a twin, he loved his brother. But sometimes it was hard being his brother, Yongjoon was better at everything. He was in a sports school because he was excellent at sports. How many times did he witness his  crushes fall head over heels for his perfect brother ? For once that someone got closer to him, not in the goal to reach his brother and was geniusly interested in him, he wanted to stay this way in her eyes.

 

His mom sighed. « Alright. But be sure that i'll harass you with this question a lot. »

Yongguk smiled to her, making her sigh. « Brat. »

This only made him smirk to her. She chuckled and he left the room after wishing her a good night.

He got upstairs and opened the door of his room. He took the tickets for the concerts and shoved them in his bag. He took a shower and lied on his bed ready to sleep when the door was wide open. He knew who it was right away.

 

« YongJoon I'm tired. » YongGuk said, when his brother the light.

 

« Ya, Minah left it's time to have a talk, right ? » YongJoon said lying next to him.

 

YongGuk rolled his eyes. « You could also not invite her everyday and night so we could talk at ease. »

 

His brother bite his lip. « You could also not go at your girlfriend's almost every day. You didn't even tell me you had a girlfriend. »

 

YongGuk sit in his bed and looked at his twin. Yongjoon seemed deceived and sat on his bed. « We used to tell each other everything. »

 

« I forgot. » YongGuk lied, avoiding his eyes.

 

Yongjoon laughed. He was still deceived by the fact his brother didn't tell him nothing about his relationship yet decided to not hold grudges. « Is she beautiful ?  Do you have photos ? »

 

YongGuk realized he had no photos of Eunji. «  She is beautiful, a real cutie pie but I don't have photos. »

 

Yongjoon nodded satisfied of the answer. He stood up. « Now we could do double date. Minah was excited about this. »

 

YongGuk had a little smile. « No way. Minah can't even tell us apart after 9 months, so Eunji have no chance at all. I refuse this date where Eunji will only be confused about us. »

 

« We're not that similar. » YongJoon said, making YongGuk smile.

 

« Just identical twins. » The younger reminded him.

 

« I'm more muscular than you. » YongJoon bragged lifting his shirt as proof, making YongGuk smile. They both laughed at this sentence, the same heavy laugh however YonGuk's one transforms into a cough somehow.

 

« Sooo how far did you two go ? » YongJoon asked, curious.

 

YonGuk sighed and lied back on his bed, hiding his head with the blanket. « Turn the ligh off when you get out. »

 

YongJoon chuckled at this reaction and did as told.

 


I try to update more often. I may be part of an exchnage programm and if that's the case I don't think I'll have time to post chapters. So 'll try to end this before school starts.

I also wanted to thank my subcribers !! There's fifteen of you,  that's amazing !! I hope my story please you and don't be shy about leaving a comment, I appreciate them =)

Have a good day !

PS : #PrayforNice What happened is awful. I can't even explain what feeling it's to wake up and learn someone did this on our national day. I felt useless. I still feel useless and angry. I just hope that those broken families will heal.