Lipstick

Reading your lips

 

YongGuk looked at the photo Eunji decided to showcase in their living room. The photograph took care of them as if they were models making YongGuk wondering how much his mom paid for that. She offered this photoshoot to celebrate their engagement, making Eunji as excited as a kid. On the photo Eunji decided to showcase in the living room, they were lying on their sides, facing each others smiling. The photo was truly beautiful. His mom somehow knew that he disliked indoors photos so they only took photos outside. They had so much fun doing that.

 

It was a really nice way to conclude those two weeks vacation. As he prepared himself on this  monday morning, putting back his uniform, he went to sit back on the bed, staring at his future wife sleeping. As her bracelet vibrated, YongGuk looked at her open her eyes and smile lazily seeing him here.

 

She sat up to hug him and he wrapped his arms around her. “I'm going to miss you so much.” He said out loud. Those two weeks meant so much for him. She pulled away “Did you say something ? I felt your vibrations.”

He shook his head and kissed her. As they got under the blanket, YongGuk stopped Eunji. “We don't have time for that. I'm going soon.”

 

Eunji went back to hug him. “Take care of you there okay.”

 

He nodded. “And let's videocall when possible.”

 

She smiled. “Sure.”

 

They both walked to the kitchen as Eunji had to get ready for the day at school. He served her coffee and looked at her drink it slowly, she was still admiring him in his uniform. As they just sat there silently, YongGuk heard his phone ring and read the quick message  his father sent to him.

 

Gotta go ?”

Yeah.”

 

YongGuk took his bag and went to the door. As he stopped himself, Eunji ran in his arms like a child. She pressed her lips against his and they kissed passionately for long seconds. Eunji, after this, rearranged the hair she messed, his wrinkled uniform and shrugged looking at his puffy lips.

 

In four months.”

 

In four months.”

 

She pecked a last time his lips and opened the door, pushing him outside. “Go before I kidnap you and never let you go.”

 

I would love that.” YongGuk signed, with a smirck.

 

Eunji punched his shoulder, almost upset. Don't tempt me !!!”

 

He laughed,  letting her push him outside. He looked at her small frame against the door in her “I love cats” dress pyjamas and sent her a heart finger, making her close the door on him. He shrugged and got down the stairs to go see his dad. As he entered the car, his dad sighed. “You're late.”

 

She didn't want to let go. You've even lucky I made it until here.”

 

What a child.” His father mumbled. YongGuk gave him a face. “Mom does exactly the same to you.”

 

He looked at his father blush furiously and start driving. After a while without talking, his father cleared his throat. “So is she okay ?”

 

Huh ?” YongGuk raised his head, stopping to type the text he was sending to Eunji.

 

His father explained himself clearly.I mean, I went overboard last time so I was wondering how she was doing.”

 

YongGuk gave a annoyed face at his dad. “Well, I hope she is.”

 

Oh so she's still sad ?” Song Jun asked, obvious guilt in his voice.

 

The young man shrugged. “She was. But she cheer up everytime. She's so strong, I would love to have this mindset. She keep going. It kills me that you out of all people treat her like . You have a phobia of deaf people ?”

 

He sighed. “YongGuk, no, I just feel like the world is too evil for those people to live. And you, out of all of us decided to make her your fiancee...”

 

YongGuk sighed, trying to stay calm.If this world is too evil, just make it a better place. Just make those mean people stop their . Beind deaf it just means that you can't hear”

His father looked at YongGuk surprised. He frowned. “What ?”

 

I don't know why I keep worrying for you. You changed so much.”

 

Huh ?”

 

I .... had misconceptions about you being with a deaf. I thought you would clamp up again. But you opened yourself to the world so much. You speak out to people that bother her, You're a good help to her when she needs to speak. She made you so confident and talkative.”

 

YongGuk blushed a little. “So you just stop behaving bad with her. She thinks YongJoon and you hate her and that she doesn't deserve me. It get me so upset she came to this realisation. She's taking care of me more than I take care of her.”

 

His father nodded. “I will.”

 

 

*

Four months later

Eunji sighed longly as today was the day when YongGuk was bein discharged. She was in Busan in her vacation house, taking some rest. Her nausea started back and she would spend enormous amount of hours just staring at the ceiling. Her father decided to bring her to her vacation house, so the summer vibe could do her well. For the moment she was still as nauseous as a pregnant woman. She felt so angered about her condition and seeing the people around her being helpless was really distressing. Her disformation in her ear sometimes causes huge nausea and great headaches. Not all the time; but when she got those ysmptoms, she was almost out of service. No school, no stairs ( probably of fainting and falling), anti nausea pills and obviously, a constant nausea.

 

Eunji looked with curious eyes the women activate themselves. Her dad became such good friends with YongGuk mom that he agreed to hold a reception for the twins releasement at home. So it's been an week Hana is being organizing everything for the party. Eunji was watching TV, looking at Hana bring in a box of stuffs. Instincly she stood up and went to her direction. As she feel down; Hana gasped and let go of her box to go to Eunji.

 

Hey Eunji, are you okay ?”

 

Eunji nodded and stood up with difficulty. “Hm I just wanted to help.”

She looked at Jihyun arrive in the house, the healthy and hearing daughter in law. Eunji didn't even looked at her talk. She was in a bad mood anyways. People were taking care of her, she was feeling dizzy it's been two weeks and tomorrow YongGuk was coming back. She wanted to show him a much healthier image than this. But well, she told him that she was feeling dizzy and weak, so he wouldn't be too surprised.

 

Eunji sat on the couch and looked back at Jihyun, she  was invited because obviously she started to  date YongJoon again. Jealousy. Eunji felt it about the time Hana spent with Jihyun. Jihyun was healthy, always happy and bright woman. Eunji frowned at her jealousy and stood up, wanting to retreat in her room.

 

She's so gloomy.” Hana noticed, worried about her behavior. Jihyun looked at her fidget her dress, trying to decide of she should enter the room or not. The young lady tried to reassure her.

 

Yeah, but it must be hard for her. She knows that YongGuk is there tomorrow and might want to rest.”

 

*

The next day, Eunji woke up late, just to eat some bread and look presentable. She first applied a face mask, wanting to fake an naturel healthy glow. She took time to hide her dark circles, put tinted lip balm. She chose a floral dress, flattering her body. The table was already set up, the food already cooked.Hana and Jihyun woke up early to take care of the food and were waiting for her, and they hurried to the car as soon as Eunji went out of her room. She looked outside the window for the whole ride. Her dad went back to Seoul to supervise his restaurant and must be back soon for tonight party. So Hana was taking care of her, disrupting her in her comtemplation of the landscape. As they arrived in the port, Hana parked herself and helped her to get out of the car.

 

Eunji was quickly sat on a bench. “Stay here darling. We're going to search for them and it's going to be tiring.”

 

She nodded. Eunji missed YongGuk for many things. The way he sleeps on his arms rather than on the pillow. His contagious laugh. His amazing personnality. His beautiful hands. But now that hearing people invaded her life like this, she missed her only link with the hearing world. Her dad does the job fairly well, so it's wasn't the only reason... She missed the person as a whole.

 

She was looking at the boat and sea, not caring about the people around her. Someone was doing a speech and all the families were laughing and crying. There was fanfare and music but Eunji with all this party going on felt miserable.

 

*

 

YongGuk looked at his twin hug his girlfriend. He greeted his mom and Jihyun politely and soon, asked for Eunji.

 

Eunji ? She's waiting for us on a bench.”  He followed as she walked to a bench with determination and soon his mom gasped. "Maybe it wasn't this one .."

 

Mom ?” YongGuk said, trying to stay calm.

 

I don't remember.”

 

YongGuk sighed. “I'll find her myself.” But damn, how is he going to find his deaf girlfriend with this crowd. He looked around and walked. YongGuk ran looking at every corner of the huge plaza. He got worried after running twice the whole plaza without finding her.

 

*

Thanks for the flowers. It's a nice attention.”” Eunji said before inhaling the delicious scent of the roses. She smiled sincerely at Song Jun, casually sat next to her, he shoved a fresh bottle of water in her hands. Eunji blinked a bit at this attention and put the roses on her lap. She was going to open the bottle when Song Jun took it back to open it and hand it back to her. She gulped down some water before puttingg back the cap. "Thanks it's really hot"

I heard you're dizzy these days, water will always be necessary to chill ... I asked for the most perfumed ones. I've heard that you can smell more accurately than us.” Eunji nodded politely and conversed a few seconds with Song Jun before he left to give a speech. She stood up, holding her flowers and walked around searching for the rest of Bang family. Soon she found back YongGuk talking with his family. She smiled looking at his back.

 

I don't know why I didn't find her. Maybe I don't know, like I'm getting worried.” YongGuk said, a hand on his head. Gosh, how could his family lost her ? While she was ill ? He knew they were excited to see him back but still !

 

Eunji motioned to his family to stay silent as she came to breath in his ear. He winced and hearing the giggles,he turned around, looked at Eunji laughing.EUNJI you're here !!!”

 

She nodded and YongGuk brought her to a violant hug, embracing her body in a tigh hug. “YongGuk the flowers, I can't really breathe anymore.”

 

He heard his family laughs and pulled away. "Huh, sorry." He blushed seeing the petals fall in the floor, because he hugged her too tighly. As she was checking the state of the flowers, he frowned. “Who gave you that ?”

 

Your dad.”

 

He nodded. “I thought my family lost you for a minute you know. I'm sorry.”

 

It's okay your father gave me a bottle of water and flowers. He was really nice to me.”

 

Eunji held his hand and pinched his cheek fondly. “Gosh? I really missed you.”

 

As she hided her head in the crook of his neck, YongGuk laughed. His family on that and soon they were back to the cars. As Eunji stumbled to the car, YongGuk was quickly reminded of her situation. He noticed her arms way more skinny than usual, her walk less confident.

 

As she stopped herself to hold her head, YongGuk heard her long sigh and looked at her stumble before she grabbed his arm in panic. Her body fell on him and he catched her well enough so she doesn't fall.

Hey are you okay ? You're feeling dizzy ?”

 

Eunji looked at him just seeing everything double and she felt unconcious. “Eunji.”

 

Hana came with his dad. “Gosh, it's hot. And her dizziness is not helping.”

 

He looked how they skiffully put her in the car and they drove to home like this. They took care she drinks water and her pills before going in the car. She looked so overwhelmed with the hotness and dizziness. YongGuk held her tigh in his arms, feeling how she hided her condition and prepared to come here. Her cute dress, little makeup and curled hair.

 

As they arrived, Eunji went to the room to rest. “Have a good party I think I'm just going to sleep.” As Eunji kissed his cheek, she went slowly to one of the first floor room. YongGuk sighed. Obviously. How could she climb the 5 different stairs of the house like this ?

 

YongGuk widened his eyes seeing the huge celebration his mom prepared for them for their releasement. He felt free for the first time in a while. He had a little talk with his parents. As he went to check on Eunji, he opened the first room of the floor and gasped. Closing back the door, almsot instantly after opening it, trying to forget how his twin was frech kissing his girlfriend on that bad. "Sorry guys."

 

He walked to the next room, opening it only to witness the empty bed. Suddenly, he heard noise in the toilets and pushed the door as it was still open. Eunji was sat on the floor, breathing loudly, trying to control her tears. She threw up once again. Once again the amount of medication played on her disfavor. She wiped her tears, she hated to cry because of that. YongGuk kneeled in front of her and she widened her eyes.

 

 

Let me call-”

 

Eunji put her sweaty hand on his wrist. “No let them party please.”

 

YongGuk nodded and helped her to wash up and change her clothes. As he was making her hair dry with a towel, she smiled to him, tracing his collarbone with her index. “Congrats on being released. You must feel so good.”

 

He smiled back to her. “I would have prefer you were healthy. But now, I'm here to take care of you.”

 

She nodded and as he finished to blowdry her hair, he looked around the bathroom, putting her clothes in the dirty clothes bin .

“Do you have lipstick ?”  Eunji asked, out of the blue.

 

Huh ?”

She stood up slowly, before wrapping her arms around his neck. We need to take at least one photo tonight, it's an important day. Then I'm going to sleep. But I need lipstick, my lips look so pale and sick.”

 



 

Hey guys !!! I'm back ! SOrry for being away for so long ! I had midterms and finals and it nearly took me all my energy and time to rock this semester. I hope you're doing well for your revisions and exams if you have to take it !!!

Fighting to you all !