When Donghyuk Lies 3 : The Truth

My Black Pink iKONIC
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHANWOO POV

I stopped running and found myself at the side of the road next to the stairs that leds to the riverside park. " my life isn't a drama," I muttered to myself yet again. It's been my mantra for the longest time. So what if my mom left me at a family restaurant and I've been there for ten years? "So whaaaaaaaaaaaat!" I shouted with all my might. Even some animals eat their young. Why can't I be abandoned and let's just leave it at that? drama. I hate it. 

People around me didn't even pay attention. After looking at me when I screamed, they just went back to their own thoughts. Everyone at that riverside was either dating or mulling over their own . I am just another melodramatic idiot added to their bunch. 

I felt drunk, nauseous even. I shouldn't be sober after all the bloody that I had to deal with. God knows I would've become a runaway if the Songs hadn't taken me in. "Father my butcrack." 

Just when I am about to get happy, really think about having a future... always hits the fan. When is God going to cut me some slack. "What the hell do you want from me?" I shouted again, unable to keep it in. 

Something hard hit me on the shoulder. I felt something sticky run down my arm. The Pepsi can clattered on the pavement. "You're too loud." He set the can up and flattened it in anger. "Tough guy, huh? What kind of dork shouts near the Han River?"

I turned around, ready to beat the crap out of the person who said that. Instead of some weirdo, I saw a short girl snarling at me. She barely reached my shoulder but I had a feeling she wasn't a push-over. She had Song Noona's aura about her. 

"So why don't you go to some pc-bang and get your aggression out and leave us peaceful night folk to our leisurely walks and riverside alone time? You're ruining the mood for people on dates, y'know." I didn't know if she was being serious or looking down on me. 

"Who died and made you mayor of Han River?" I snarled at her. 

"My dad died today, well not really today but a year ago. And here I was, on his favorite spot - trying to remember what he looks like - and then you come out here shouting 'So what?' towards the water. You're ruining my night, pabo!" She said this with her hands gesturing to the little picnic area that she set up near the stairs.

My eyes was drawn to the beer so I made a beeline towards it. I opened it and was about to take a sip when someone's foot land on my back. I turned around and saw another axe kick about to land on my face. "What the hell?" I managed to avoid the disaster that could have cracked my face and bashed my head in by rolling to my right. 

"Ya! That's not for you! You-! Thief!" I wasn't able to dodge the round house kick that hit me in the stomach. I landed on the picnic blanket and couldn't get up because my back hurt from hitting food containers and even more beer cans. 

I tried to call out for help but she was too quick and was already on top of me slapping me continously. She hit me with a move that felt like Buddha's palm on my chest. I smelled the blood in my mouth. SOMEONE HELP ME! HYUNG! ANYONE! EOMMA!

I wished I wouldn't see my life flash before my eyes before this woman ends me. It was too sad to replay all that crap in my last moments on Earth. I was about to tap out again when I felt the weight being lifted off me. 

"Chanwoo, are you okay?" Donghyuk's worried voice roused me. I was close to losing it when he arrived. 

"LET ME GO! I AM GOING TO PULVERIZE THAT MOFO!" the girl was struggling against Yunhyeong's embrace. It was a good thing that he spent most of his time lifting heavy groceries and dancing that his whole body was mostly muscle.

I was worried that the rabid girl would still get loose so Donghyuk and I tried to make a run for it. Donghyuk ran, I speed walked because of my painful back. I didn't bother looking back. Sorry, hyung. I will live well. 

"Run faster!" I was startled when Yoyo-hyung sped past me. I turned around and saw the girl was on our tail, cursing as she ran. She was throwing things at us, making Donghyuk pick up his speed.

"Wait for me! I don't want to die!" I don't know if it was fear or desperation but even if I was barely able to speed walk in my state, I picked up my pace. "Wait for meeee!"

=====================

"I thought I was going to die in her hands that day." Chanwoo earned an elbow to the rib because of that statement. 

"She was the most rabid girl I have ever met in my entire life. To this day, I feel that being chased by her is even worse than military service." Chanwoo's wife was blushing in controlled anger and embarrassment. Chanwoo kissed him on the head after pulling him closer to him. "My hyungs told me that I was crazy to marry that girl who chased us down the street, throwing Korean pancakes at us. But so far, no regrets."

"What happened with your father?" 

"That is an even longer story than my lovelife." 

==========

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter