When Donghyuk Lies 1 : The Caller

My Black Pink iKONIC
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You said that you got close to Chanwoo without people knowing about it. How did that happen?" the interviewer asked Donghyuk. He was sitting next to his wife and having some tea. 

"Like I said, I always just treated him like a friend and not a dongsaeng or the maknae. I think he liked that. Most of our hyungs and the other guys treat him like a kid, boss him around or tell him what to do. Chanwoo is a prideful kid. He wants to prove that he is the best in a lot of things. If he isn't that good at something he focuses on it so much that his improvement is almost dramatic. But I know better, I know why he's like that."

"Does it have something to do with how he ended up living with the Songs?" the interviewer knew that some parts were off-limits so he didn't ask the proper question for that one.

"It's okay to talk about. Everyone knows by now. Chanwoo is fine with talking about it too. Since this is his tell-all, he wouldn't mind." Donghyuk smiled and lowered the tension in the room significantly. 

"How did you feel when you found out that Chanwoo wasn't Yoyo's relative?"

Donghyuk took a sip of his tea then answered, "I was surprised actually. I just thought at least they would be cousins. They look similar with each other. I thought he was a cousin of Yoyo through an aunt or something. Ergo the different last names." he took another sip. "But when I found out that his mom left him in the Song's restaurant, it was so shocking for me. I asked myself how a mother could leave his son to fend for himself."

"The Songs, from what Chanwoo had told us, kept him for as long as possible hoping that his mother would come back for him." Donghyuk nodded. 

"They knew the local police in the area and they had decided that it was the best thing to do. Because in case his mother was not in her right mind when she left Chanwoo, if she traced back where she was the day she lost her son, then the restaurant would be the best place to look."

"When his father showed up, did Chanwoo take it well?"

"Not at all. Chanwoo never knew his father and then a man shows up, looking so much like him and Yoyo - since they looked the same. And he was saying Chanwoo's mother never told him about having Chanwoo. My friend didn't talk to the man even though he came back to talk to Yoyo's parents and showed proof of who he was and his relationship with Chanwoo's mom."

"What made Chanwoo change his mind about talking to his father?"

Donghyuk smiled, "That would be me, I think."

"How did you manage to do it?"

"Well, I was a part-timer at Yunhyeong's restaurant and I was always there when the man came to visit and try to wait for Chanwoo to come home from school or academy." Donghyuk smiled as if remembering something very interesting. "And he told me every time I was asking him why he was there. He would say - I am waiting for my son this time too." Donghyuk's wife squeezed his arm because he was about to cry again. "He said - I am sure he waited so many days for his mom like this. I want to know how long it would take for me to give up." 

"Did he give up eventually?"

"He didn't come for about a week, then I heard he got into an accident on his way to the restaurant. So I made Chanwoo and the guys come and meet him in the hospital..."

"However did you manage to do that?"

"Well, first of all you have to remember that all the guys think I am a bad liar..." he winked at his wife w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter