Nine

[SEVENTEEN'S TRILOGY PART ③] Dear My Future Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.'

 

Their faces were so close that they could almost feel each other's breath. For the first time ever, Chaeyoon was able to look at his face clearly, with a little help by the moonlight shining from above. He had tousled dark brown hair, which was thick and lustrous. The tip of his hair covered some of his eyebrows and even his eyes. Speaking of his eyes, she was kinda attracted to them, which seemed to be having something to tell her. As for Mingyu, he could see her eyes carrying a mixture of shock and barely contained anger. Their eyes locked on like magnets, but then her sight traveled to his other features. She observed his sharp jaw, chin, and cheekbones. He had distinct cheekbones and an angular jaw, which made him to look devilishly handsome.

Man, this guy had sharp features, or even perfect.

She then looked away and towards the trees behind him but her eyes automatically went back to his face, his eyes. They were like melted chocolate, warm and oh so addictive. As she looked into them she could feel him searching deep into her soul. There was something solemn swimming in his eyes.

For some reasons, Chaeyoon started to tear up but she controled her tears from falling down. "Let go of me. Please." She let out a shaky sigh and whispered.

His expression softened as he released her. "I'm sorry." Mingyu took a few steps backward, giving her some space.

"It's okay." Slowly her heartbeat went back to normal, with her hands still holding the book tightly. If it was happened during the past few months, she would probably yell at him but now, she didn't.

And she didn't even know what was the reason behind.

"Let's take a look at some other places, don't we?" Chaeyoon uttered softly and walked away, with Mingyu following at the back.

 

"So, what do you like about Joshua hyung?" He popped out a question in order to bring down the tensed atmosphere. "He's obviously charming, but apart from that, what makes him attractive to you?"

She looked at him with a bright grin. He forced himself to smile even though there was a load of jealousy deep down his heart.

"You want to know why?" She continued to grin towards him, which turned his fake smile into a real one. "Well..."

 

August 24th, 2015. Her first day as a university student.

Based on what Chaeyoon had heard from her circle of friends back in high school days, university was a place where most of the people found their love.

And she believed, because her cousins met their first love there, or even the second, the third. She had read some novels and watched a few dramas which involved the love life in universities and colleges, and it caused her to have a thought that another few more years she would be reaching them.

Not to forget the fact that she never had a boyfriend. Well, there were plenty of nice guys in her high school, but she never had eyes on them. Not to say never had eyes actually, she did look up on them, but she didn't fall in love with them. Also, she never encountered with any confessions. Even though she had seen her friends receiving love letters and little presents from the boys, she never feel jealous, perhaps she wasn't eager for love those days.

For once or twice she almost wished herself had one, whenever she saw couples sharing umbrella under the rain, or walking together in the snow with hands linking together. Oh well, she could only wish.

Well, a girl like you and me would always fantasize all of that, no?

Eventually, with the hope of fishing up a nice guy, she got to step onto the land of Yurim University.

As she was imaginating how would her other half look like, she came across a crowd, and a soothing voice went into her ears. Thanks to her curiosity, she was squeezing herself among the people just to see what was going on, and to her surprise, she saw three students sitting in the middle of the crowd, all playing guitars while singing.

Two boys and a girl.

The first one to notice was the girl of course, as she was the only one with opposite gender among the three. The girl had short black hair, with an artist hat which looked rather cute on her. The guy who sat beside her looked kinda nerdy because he had spectacles, or perhaps he wore it for fashion purpose, well, who knows.

And it comes to the third guy. Oh, the third guy. Oh, that guy. He had the kind of face that stopped you in your tracks. His rich brown hair had tousled griminess which promised finesse. And he had eyes which resembling a deer. Chaeyoon watched as he sang, she never had this kind of feeling before, not even once. When it was the other members' turn to sing, he nodded gently to follow the beat and had a look at his surroundings.

And then he saw her.

Chaeyoon was trying to hide her blush but no matter how hard she tried she couldn't hide her eyes which were full of admiration. He smiled at her and continued the song when it came to his part.

Oh gosh, he must have seen me.

She looked at a short girl standing beside her. "Umm, excuse me?" She tapped her shoulder and the cutie turned around to look at her. "May I know who are they?"

"Ah, they are the number one guitar band of Yurim, namely Sapphire." The girl smiled at her and Chaeyoon noticed the folders in her arms which was exactly the same as she was holding. "They are Nayeon, Chanhyuk, and Jisoo."

"Jisoo?"

"Yeah, Hong Jisoo. Or he prefers to be called Joshua. He's obviously the most popular member in his band." The girl looked at her watch. "Oh, the class is going to start soon. Let's go together, should we?"

"Come on. By the way, nice to meet you." Chaeyoon grinned towards the first friend ever she met in her university life.

Hong Jisoo. Joshua.

Man, Lee Chaeyoon was in love. She told herself that, no matter how, she was going to take a step closer to him.

 

"I'm lucky to have known him." Both Chaeyoon and Mingyu had came to a bench and sat down. He raised an eyebrow before looking towards her. "But how? How did you make it?"

"I got to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter