Nineteen

[SEVENTEEN'S TRILOGY PART ③] Dear My Future Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'When I'm with you, I feel safe from the things that hurt me inside.'

 

The music was loud enough. Everyone was clubbing like this was their last night on Earth. The people were having their hands in the air, body moving like an uncoiling rope, eyes on fire. The dance floor were packed with hot guys and chicks showing off their dancing skill, brushing their bodies against each other.

And there was Kim Mingyu sitting at the corner alone.

A girl in red mini dress approached him and brushed her fingers through his hair. "Hey pretty boy, no one with you?" She whispered into his ear. "Noona will have you accompanied tonight."

Mingyu took a look at her through his squinted eyes. He scanned her body and then her face. "You're not Chaeyoon, go away!" The girl scoffed and left.

There was harsh scent of drink around him, and there were empty glasses surrounding him. "Yah!" He shouted towards the bartender and then he let out a drunken smile. "Another glass please."

A full glass of whiskey was placed in front of him, but he just couldn't grab it no matter how hard he tried to. He was struggling but his hands didn't work as he told them.

"That's it. That's enough." A hand took the glass away from the sight and he could recognize the voice. "Hi Wonwoo, my brother, why are you here?"

"Take you home." Wonwoo pulled Mingyu up from his seat but he resisted. "I still haven't finish with my drink. Give it back to me." He tried to grab the glass from Wonwoo but failed. "You're drunk." The deep voice continued and Mingyu mumbled. "No, I'm not!"

Wonwoo sat down beside him and sighed. "Being drunk isn't a nice idea. Chaeyoon is still lying in the ICU. She needs you."

"I have lost my child." The younger cried. "I couldn't afford to lose my wife again." Wonwoo just sat there looking at him.

 

"Oh lord." Wonwoo exhaled heavily as he placed Mingyu onto his bed. "You've gained weight, haven't you?"

"Hyunggg..." The elder sighed while staring at his drunken friend before asking. "What?"

"Where is Chaeyoon?" Mingyu fumbled with the empty space beside him on the bed. "She is supposed to be here right now. Is she at the kitchen? Is she bathing? Or if she's outside, help me to give her a call."

Wonwoo shook his head gently and pulled the blanket over the buddy. "Sleep tight."

 

Mingyu woke up to find himself in the hotel room. "So it was a dream." But it wasn't a dream, it was his memories. Slowly he tried to get up from bed while rubbing his temples. His vision became clearer as he stared at the huge television in front of him.

He then thought of what happened during the previous night and immediately checked his phone. There wasn't any missed calls nor messages. No one knew where Chaeyoon was.

He sat there silently for a while before grabbing his jacket which was hung at the bedside. Taking his phone along, he went out of the room.

• • •

Chaeyoon woke up, feeling really dizzy. The unknown smell filled her nose and made her insides giddy. She tried to open her eyes, but she could only see everything in black. She was panic.

"Where am I?" She wanted to stand up but she found that she was being tied, both hands and legs. She heard footsteps approaching and shrieked. "Who's there?"

She then felt a hand untied the cloth covering her eyes, until she was able to see the colours again. She quickly scanned the surroundings and was greeted with an abandoned house where there was almost nothing inside except for chairs and tables which was covered with spider webs and were almost rotten.

A man with a long scar on his face went in front of her. She was startled while looking at him. He stared at her which caused her not dare to keep on looking. "Wh..what do you want?"

The man didn't answer. Instead they were interrupted by someone opened the door and came in. Chaeyoon turned around to see the person and it turned out to be no one other than the girl.

The inspector's daughter, Jung Yeoreum.

"Look what we got here. It's Lee Chaeyoon!" She went beside Chaeyoon and folded her arms while staring at her. Chaeyoon gritted her teeth before asking. "So you're the mastermind behind all this?"

The kidnapping was over in a second. One minute the girl was there looking at the stage performance, followed by the lights went off, and then she was gone. No one saw a thing, no one heard her muffled scream, no one was alarmed in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter