Thirteen

[SEVENTEEN'S TRILOGY PART ③] Dear My Future Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'You fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time.'

 

Chaeyoon took a step backward unconsciously, almost bumping into a police officer. She stunned for a while before going back to the gang of friends. Seokmin walked towards her. "Hey, Chaeyoon. The muds are still there."

She looked at him for a second. "Oh, the washroom is under repair. It's ok, I can just clean it with tissue papers." Slowly she sat down while pulling out some white sheets to wipe off the stains all over her shoes. For a brief moment she could feel tears prickling the back of her eyes but she blinked them away. But still, the tears flowed unchecked down her cheeks and dripped from her chin. She accidentally let out a sniff, causing the boys around to pay attention towards her.

"Chaeyoon noona?" Hansol went to her and squatted down so that he could be at the same eye level as her. Her eyes suddenly swam with tears and she hurried to scrub them from her face. She knew tears would lead to sympathy, and sympathy would lead to more tears. Chaeyoon raised her head and smiled towards the guy which seemed like a little brother to her. "Nothing, Hansol. Probably I have caught a cold when rushing here." The younger nodded at her, even though he knew.

But Chaeyoon herself did not know why she was feeling like that.

 

Mingyu pushed Yeoreum away, trying not to be too harsh towards a girl. She almost lost her balance, if there was no wall behind her. "Kim Mingyu!" She frowned.

"I can't believe you are still behaving the same way." He wiped his lips with the back of his hand. "I thought you have grown up during the days in France."

"I was just being forced by my parents to go for studies, thanks to you and Lee Chaeyoon. If not, we would have been married right now." She stared at him fiercely.

"Sorry but I'm not gonna marry someone like you. Chaeyoon is my perfect bride." Before letting Yeoreum another chance to talk, he left.

"Perfect bride you mean?" The girl gritted her teeth with fist clenching tight.

 

When Mingyu met the rest of the guys, Chaeyoon was nowhere to be found. He looked around before asking all of them. "Where is my wife?"

"She just left, after telling us that she felt sick." Seungkwan shrugged. "But guess we have to leave too." The elder did not reply. He rushed out of the police station, dashing through the rain in order to find the girl.

 

Chaeyoon finally reached her home, feeling rather tired. She took off her shoes and went to her bedroom straightaway. Putting down her belongings aside, she sat in front of the desk, trying to put all those scenes she saw just now into pieces.

"Who's that girl?"

"She's just a friend."

"Friends won't be that close. You guys must be having something."

"It's late, Yoon. Let's go to sleep now."

"Kim Mingyu!"

Here it came again. It was always the same, a crushing pain just on one side of her head that came and went in a pattern. It made her want to pace about, she couldn't sit, couldn't lie down or relax. Slowly she stood up and lay against the wall, trying to control her breath. She was confused, why all those strange things kept on coming into her mind. Chaeyoon began to sense something about Mingyu, even though it was indeed unbelievable. After finishing her night routine, she lay down on her bed, letting the sleepiness took over her.

• • •

Mingyu was really sick. Even under a light cotton sheet he was radiating heat like a brick right out of the oven. He ate nothing but the most watery of soups, so diminished was his appetite. Minseo kept running to and from his room with cool cloths, she had a supply of them out on the washing line so they were almost frozen when she brought them in. Waves of heat coursed through his blood, a cold sweat glistened in his gaunt features. His eyes sunken and his skin sallow, everything ached, everything sagged. The glass of water stared at him from the table beside. He took a sip and plopped back onto his pillow. 

All this began right after he came back from drenching in the rain just to find Chaeyoon that night. He traveled in the rain for almost an hour, still couldn't see her trace anywhere. He had a feeling that Chaeyoon might be had seen what was going on between him and Yeoreum. He assumed it.

Well, what could he do? It all started with him anyway.

• • •

Wonwoo was standing in front of a bookshelf, pondering on which one to choose for his girlfriend. SaeHyeon told him to get her a new recipe book, but she didn't specify it. Hence, he decided to choose a few instead of only one.

As he was on his way back to home, he smiled to himself, thinking how happy SaeHyeon would be when she saw all those books. Well, her smile wouldn't last long. The day after this would be the time for him to go back to the hell-like place again if they didn't manage to get Changkyun.

Wonwoo felt someone was following him at the back. He turned around but saw no one. When he faced to the front again he saw a person with his face covered with mask, only revealing his eyes. "Wha..." Before Wonwoo could say anything, the person closed his mouth and dragged him to the back lane. He struggled until the masked guy released him, at the same time removing his mask as well.

"Changkyun?!" Wonwoo almost shouted. "What are you doing here?"

"I need your help, Wonwoo yah." He grabbed his hands tightly, so tight that Wonwoo had to bear the pain. "I'm really sorry."

"What can I help you this time? Pretending to be you and get into the jail?" Wonwoo tried to act calm, despite feeling panicked standing in front of a murderer.

"Wonwoo, take me to the police station." The friend's voice was trembling. He was obviously fighting with his own. "I had nightmares for days." Wonwoo didn't voice out, as he was waiting for him to continue.

"Those people kept on grabb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter