Ten

[SEVENTEEN'S TRILOGY PART ③] Dear My Future Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'When I first met you, I honestly didn't know you were gonna be this important to me.'

 

Chaeyoon was waiting for him. She looked into his eyes, trying to persuade him to answer as soon as possible. MIngyu let out a breath. "It's actually belonged to..."

She bit her lip.

"...to my ex-girlfriend." He sighed and looked away. "I was planning to throw this all."

"Oh, I see... So guess I'm using the same type of notebook as her eh?" She blinked and lowered her head, feeling rather embarrassing. Why do all the guys that I know would have ex-girlfriends? "I'm sorry for reminding you about the past."

"It's ok. I don't mind about it anyway." He said as he put the notebook back to its original place. Both of them sat down together. Chaeyoon stared at the television, with the scene showing a girl woke up to the man she loved beside her. Meanwhile her mind was wandering to somewhere else.

 

"Hey, you're awake." Chaeyoon walked towards the downstairs and heard a guy's voice. She saw him smiling brightly towards her, just like the sun in the sky. For her, he was the sunshine of her life.

He turned around and continued to cut the fruits. Chaeyoon went towards him and hugged him from behind. "Good morning, giant."

The guy then fed her a slice of apple, she also took one and placed in his mouth.

"Well, Chaeyoon..." He began. "I couldn't imagine my life without you."

She blushed and tried not to giggle. "Me too." And they shared another hug.

 

Chaeyoon blinked and touched her head. Mingyu saw it and quickly comforted her. "Are you ok?"

She closed her eyes for a while before opening them again. "Yes, I'm fine. I think I just need some rest. I should be going home right now. It's almost 5pm." She looked towards the clock.

"Let me bring you home then." Mingyu suggested as he helped her to get up.

It was weird. Why did those scenes come into her mind all of sudden?

• • •

Standing in a pair of brown boots, Chaeyoon rubbed her hands together, blowing warm air into her palms from time to time. She had been standing there for almost half an hour, thanks to her nervousness which caused her to reach much more earlier.

To her surprise, Joshua asked her out again after a few months since the last time both of them spent their time together. It had came to the beginning for the season of winter, and the snow was going to fall at anytime.

Chaeyoon grabbed the cloth in front of her chest, trying to calm herself down by taking a few deep breaths. Their last meeting was on purpose, that they would be talking about JaeMi's wedding, but this time, it was without reason. Joshua called her out like that. Just imagine that your crush asks you out for no reason. Man, her heart flickered merely thinking about him. Suddenly she could feel a vibration in her pocket and she took her phone out, only to see there was a incoming call from Joshua. She took another deep breath before pressing the green icon.

"Hey, Chaeyoon. I've reached here, but I can't see you anywhere." His voice was so gentle and it made her felt warmer in this cold weather. With a trembling voice, she replied. "Umm, I'm standing here in front of Starbucks. Opposite here there's an accessory shop." Her eyes wandered around to see if he was somewhere nearby.

"Starbucks? Wait, I think I have seen it." Just then, she saw him coming towards her.

She couldn't find her voice. She felt her cheeks flushed hot, and her stomach was heavy. Her heart pounded in , threatening to break out. His eyes wandered around the crowd, still couldn't see her, while hers stayed locked on him.

Eventually Joshua saw her and waved. She broke into a wide grin and ended the call. He jogged towards her before handing her a pink box. "Here, a small present for you."

"What's this for?" Chaeyoon couldn't hide her giggle while studying at the box. Joshua stuffed his hands into the pockets. "Well, just a meeting gift."

"Can I open it?" She raised an eyebrow while Joshua put his hand on her shoulder, leading her into the coffee shop. "Let's go in first. It's freezing outside here."

 

The cafe was really warm inside, with the aroma of coffee flowing everywhere. Both of them ordered latte before Chaeyoon started to take out her phone and a book and place them on the table.

The book which Joshua gave her.

Before he could say anything, Chaeyoon quickly flashed him a smile. "This is really interesting to read, and I have read it again and again. Give me some time, I almost finish it." She then looked towards the book. Yeah, just a look.

"Wow, you are so into it, huh?" He grinned brightly.

"Absolut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter