F I N A L

Ticket for Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

〇 〇 〇 〇 〇 〇 〇 〇 〇 〇 〇 〇

"Why are you so busy? Please answer me." - Knock Knock Knock (IOI)

 

The sound of people dragging their luggages could be heard. 10:15am. Yein looked at her watch and sighed. Time seemed to pass very slowly at this moment. She just wanna ended this journey real fast and got back to her cozy bed for a good sleep. Her hands were holding a white paper cup which was previously filled with hot latte, and her fingers were the cup constantly.

"Yah, another 5 minutes for you to wander in your thoughts before getting back to the reality. It's almost time for us to get to the plane." A familiar male voice went into Yein's ears. She raised her head and saw the face of Jeon Jungkook who was staring at her blankly. Yein nodded her head and replied a simple 'fine' before stood up to throw the cup into the wastebin provided.

 

Jeon Jungkook and Jung Yein.

One of the most popular couple back in high school. Being classmates yet project group members, they always had time to meet each other. After clarifying their feelings towards each other, both of them took a step closer, being more than friends.

However, soon as they knew each other too well, they started to argue over small things, blaming each other. Yein said Jungkook was too ego for her and the latter would say that Yein was stubborn. In the end, the girl blurted out for a break and the relationship came to an end.

 

"The plane is going to take off soon. Passengers please get ready." Yein took a last look at her passport, glancing through the visas. She had went to a number of countries but not this one where they were heading to.

Guangzhou, China.

 

Jungkook and Yein had promised to learn Mandarin together so that they could travel to China one day. By chance, they had entered a lucky draw contest and the first prize would be ticket for two to one of the Asian countries.

After the third week they broke up, Yein received an email saying that they had won the tickets. What for? It's useless now. This was the first thing that came to Yein's mind. But stepping on the ground of China was always her dream, and she couldn't let this opportunity to go. How nice would it be if she could bring whoever she wanted with her but sadly the tickets were stated clearly only for Jeon Jungkook and Jung Yein.

After a few hours of hessitation, Yein forced herself to make a call for Jungkook, with the excuse of travelling as friends, since they never did that before back then. A brief moment of silence before Jungkook agreed to go with her, which made to her feel happy and sad at the same time.

It had been only three weeks, and the temperature was still there.

 

Throughout the journey, they didn't say a single word to each other. Jungkook who was sitting beside the window had his arm resting on it and kept on staring at the clouds. Yein was always looking around to see what were the other passengers doing. Later on, she started to feel sleepy and let her eyes closed before resting her head unconsciously onto Jungkook's shoulder. The boy didn't even take a look. And yes, it was awkward.

After long hours on board, Yein woke up and gave herself a stretch. Being a gentleman like he always did, Jungkook helped her to take the luggages while Yein took the rest of those minor things. They took a cab and went to the hotel.

Once they opened the door of their room, they saw the entire layout of it. Through the window, they could see the view of the beach. "It's nice." Jungkook finally talked. Yein couldn't help but smiled. "Yes, it is."

Both of them went for a late lunch after settled down their belongings at the room. They ordered one set for their own and also a dessert which they would share. Yein wanna challenged herself for trying a spicy Szechuan dishes, but eventually she ended up with tears and snots. Jungkook looked at her. "Yah, don't force yourself to eat if you really can't. You can have mine." Before Yein could protest, he had done switching their dishes. "I had gave it a try, it's not bad too."

Yein stared at him before looking at her new dish. She took a spoonful and it was really nice. Jungkook always had the best sense.

"So, where do you want to go next?" Jungkook asked Yein as he finished the last bite. "I feel like visiting the shopping complex nearby. Are you following?" She looked at him. "Of course I am, if not you will get lost later." Both of them laughed.

Well, it's not a bad idea for coming with him actually.

 

Jungkook and Yein reached the hotel, feeling tired after walking for the whole day. 9:40pm. Jungkook proceeded to reach for his fresh clothes. "You will go to take the shower first. You girls still have to dry your hair before sleep."

Yein grabbed her clothes. "Ok..." Jungkook was always being so thoughtful.

And that's o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter